Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Draft Thread

Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft as it relates to the Minnesota Vikings
Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) DE
2) NT
3) MLB
4) OLB
5) G

If Ponder sucks, then obviously QB moves to the top of the list
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a ******* safety to play beside Harrison Smith.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. DE
2. S
3. NT
4. LB

With QB either in last or first. Probably not anywhere in between.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
RBPower26
Rookie

RBPower26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Favorite prospects for the Vikes? (Excluding Bridgewater and Clowney)

Right now Scott has us taking Mariota and I am not sure how I feel about it. I LOVE Oregon, and I LOVE Mariota as a college QB and in that offense. I am just not sold that he'll develop and produce as a NFL QB in a pro style offense. He is also very quiet and rather shy which worries me when we are requiring him to step in, lead and start day 1...
RBPower26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would dig Mariotta. I just want a ******* quarterback, so we might as well keep trying. I love Barr as well. In all honesty, if we get a top 4 pick I will be happy with whomever we get.

Also, here is my update needs list:

1. Quarterback
2. Defense
3. Guard

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I would dig Mariotta. I just want a ******* quarterback, so we might as well keep trying. I love Barr as well. In all honesty, if we get a top 4 pick I will be happy with whomever we get.

Also, here is my update needs list:

1. Quarterback
2. Defense
3. Guard
That's the ideal pick for me too, but it's looking like he could be playing his way into that #1 spot. I would love Clowney too, he could be the best player in football if he gets his **** together.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This seems like kind of a bad year to have a top 5 pick. I'm not sold on Bridgewater and if I had to guess I'd say Mariotta stays another year. I'd be real happy with Clowney and OK with Barr at this point.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Locked in the 8th pick. Who we taking? Manziel, Carr, Hundley? Meh. Nix, Mack Mosley, HaHa? Watkins or Evans, sign Jay Cutler, and make a run for the Super Bowl?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Locked in the 8th pick. Who we taking? Manziel, Carr, Hundley? Meh. Nix, Mack Mosley, HaHa? Watkins or Evans, sign Jay Cutler, and make a run for the Super Bowl?
I want to stay away from Cutler. He won't help us get to a Super Bowl.

We need to build up or defense. Our pass defense once again is horrendous.

As for the secondary Xavier Rhodes showed flashes of a #1 CB a lot at the end of the year but an injury kept him off the field but on the opposite of him we had no one. Harrison Smith is great and we all know that but Sanford shouldn't be a starter.

Also our linebacker core is a mess minus Greenway and Henderson played well but he should be playing outside not in the middle.

Then at the D-Line we are most likely going to use 2 starters. If we can't sign Everson Griffin back then we will have a huge hole to fill at the RE.

So with this being said with the 8th pick as of right now I would like to see the Vikings draft CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack.

As much as we need a QB, I'm not sure of any of these QB's other than Bridgewater.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Mosley, Mack, or Carr at number 8. I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up Carr either. But I'm sure Speilman has some sort of master plan.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So at this point is there a QB other than Bridgewater that is worth a top 10 pick? I was really hoping Bortles would live up to the recent hype against some legitimate competition in the Fiesta Bowl, but after watching the game I just don't see it. With this year being pretty weak at QB and next year looking to be stacked is it even worth it to use our top 10 pick a QB this year?

The defense was actually the weaker unit despite the QB situation and there are some pretty solid prospects at some positions of need. We already played our way out of the Clowney sweepstakes. Mosley would be nice but I still think Audi Cole played really well and should get a shot. With Erin Henderson probably gone, Barr will get a look on the outside but, again, we have a young guy in Gerald Hodges who has potential and could get a shot (I may be higher on him than most). The secondary is by far the worst unit, but I don't think there's anyone that quite deserves the number 8 pick. Haha clinton-dix would look really nice next to Smith, but his stock seems to be as a mid-late first rounder. With Cook possibly headed to free agency, we need someone to start opposite Rhodes but there's no clear-cut top 10 corner in this draft. I'm leaning towards Louis Nix right now. He brings something we haven't had since Fat Pat and there really isn't anyone else at the position deserving of a shot at starting. He also would provide scheme flexibility for whatever system the new coaching staff brings in. Plus a line of Robison Floyd Nix and Griffen would be pretty sexy going forward assuming we resign Griffen.

I just really hope that the front office learned something from the Ponder debacle and don't try to force an unqualified quarterback into the starting spot in which he's bound to fail. There will undoubtedly be pressure on a new coach to find the elusive quarterback of the future that is so necessary in today's NFL, but risking finding one immediately with this weak class will probably end up with another 3 years waiting for the new guy to show something like we did with ponder. By then Peterson could be regressing and our window with him could be closing. I would rather wait one more year with someone like Cassel and build a better team around him and then take our chances with the stronger QB class next year.

Also, taking a position like NT may not have a huge impact on the team right away, but that could leave us in a good spot for our shot at a QB next year. It may mean enduring another awful season, but it would probably be better in the long run. If history tells us anything it's that a lot of times in this league, before you can be really good you have to be really bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the Vikings work on fixing the defense in the first and second round this year, and then sit on Cassel and a "tier 2" qb next year I would be happy with that. Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger would be good guys to pick up in the 3rd round. Aaron Murray was closer to a 2nd round pick until he blew out his knee. He might have even gone higher if he was able to participate in the combine/ senior bowl. I would also be happy to trade down from 8 and pick up Carr or Hundley (if he declares).

Meh. i think the QB class this year is alright as far as mid round grades go, but I think only Bridgewater is worthy of a top 10 pick.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper's first mock has the Vikings getting Bridgewater at #8. Don't think that happens, but needless to say I'd be alright with that.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright boys, who are your 1st round targets so far?

I'm not sold on any of the qbs as "must have", so I am leaning towards a defensive impact player like Barr. according to pft, Speilman expects the Vikings to make a lot of movement in the draft, so maybe even a trade down & grabbing a cb or s in the first.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Bortles, Bridgewater, and Clowney would be the best picks if we stay at 8. After that, Barr, Mack or Mosley, ideally through a trade down.

Beyond that, a trade down for sure. I don't know about Ha Ha, would we be moving Harrison Smith to SS? CB is a big need. I wouldn't be opposed to Louis Nix, we've been missing the big fat guy in the middle of the line since Pat Williams retired.

Don't really want a WR in the first, but, right now, I wouldn't hate a very late 1st/early second being spent on Kelvin Benjamin. A big red zone target that the team is missing (outside of Rudolph).
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm coming around to drafting D at one and going a QB (of the 2nd round back the QB I'd want the most is Mettenberger). To me safety is behind CB, LB and DL in the list of importance. Sendejo and Sanford have at least been decent. Can be improved on certainly, but better off playing what we'd have at safety than CB, LB or DL.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have a feeling were taking a LB with that first pick.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I just have a feeling were taking a LB with that first pick.
Khalil Mack! I took him in the forum mock as the Vikings GM. I think he would be a perfect SLB in Zimmer's scheme.

I really don't see us taking a QB right now in the first round unless someone falls to us. I think Bortles might be there but Bridgewater/Manziel are going to be gone by then and I dont even want Manziel.

I wouldn't mind us getting AJ McCarron either in the 2nd round.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-twitter-use/

Quote:
According to Jim Corbett of the USA Today, Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman says the team has flagged several prospects because of comments made on their Twitter accounts.

“There were guys I found on Twitter this year that I can’t believe they would post and re-Tweet some of the stuff they were saying,” Spielman said. “We wrote a report just on their Twitter accounts.

“I won’t say the names. But out of the 60 that we did, there are eight guys that we have concerns about their Twitter feeds that we will address here (at the combine).”

Spielman pointed toward prospects posting their partying habits and their drug use online as signs of their immaturity.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. You have to get an understanding of what kind of young man you are going to be getting. If they are bone-headed enough to post this stuff on-line for the world to see (with their names attached to it, no less!), then what bone-headed things are they doing & NOT bragging about?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read rumor of the Vikings coaching staff to be a bit enamored with Justin Gilbert out of Oklahoma State.

hmmm......
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

With the recent signings filling our needs, I don't think we go QB or CB in the first round this year. I'm going to guess Mack if he is there, or trade down for Mosley.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

If Bortles or Bridgewater are there, I think the Vikings have to take them.

Beyond that, the CB position has been greatly helped, but a high potential CB is never bad.

LB is still a position of need, so Mack is highly likely.

If Mack and the QBs are gone, I'd really like to see a trade down. No need for an OT or a top WR. If we could trade down and get Mosley/Barr, or a corner or safety, would really help the defense.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Apparently Speilman, Zimmer, and Turner were all at Alabama's pro day. I'm guessing we are pretty interested in McCarron if that is the case.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.