Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Specs have been floating out there for awhile now.

But yeah, pretty strong buzz that it will be released at about 11 AM Pacific.
I somehow missed it. Only 8MP camera, I wonder if it is as underwhelming as the one on the N4.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

But not an accurate touchscreen.

...but really, you do have to worry about that too.
That test is interesting, but in no way proves the iPhone touch accuracy is off. It actually isn't.

Please read this article.

Now, I get annoyed that they do this sometimes, as I don't like it when my phone is flat. But they have figured out how to register things properly when doing one handed finger stretches across the device. Obviously the user's accuracy goes down and will bias a certain way depending on distance from corner and the viewing angle. They calculate all of this.

I doubt if they ever release info on it, but it would be fascinating to read about the what, how, and why of it. Their old phones were like the S3.

Please note, I am OS ambivalent. I really like Android and iOS. Both are fun to develop for.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
That test is interesting, but in no way proves the iPhone touch accuracy is off. It actually isn't.

Please read this article.

Now, I get annoyed that they do this sometimes, as I don't like it when my phone is flat. But they have figured out how to register things properly when doing one handed finger stretches across the device. Obviously the user's accuracy goes down and will bias a certain way depending on distance from corner and the viewing angle. They calculate all of this.

I doubt if they ever release info on it, but it would be fascinating to read about the what, how, and why of it. Their old phones were like the S3.

Please note, I am OS ambivalent. I really like Android and iOS. Both are fun to develop for.

I'm certainly not a platform evangelist. I favor open platforms(preferably more than one open platform) with everything, but I really don't have a personnel stake it it so much as I find that ideology more appealing. I tried my hand at programming once(still do, sort of). I suck pretty hardcore at it.

But yeah, I certainly don't know enough about the testing methodology to say that the results are perfectly accurate. Mostly just posting that to **** with BBD a little bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's out and I got one :)

Might not last long.

https://play.google.com/store/device...s_5_black_16gb

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-31-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent!

Now I just wait for the stock Kit Kat ROM for the Note 3 and I have a bigger, faster Nexus with better battery.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kit kat for the S4!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought 2 nexus 5s. You think I can sell em on ebay or na?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw em up on CL and they'll sell probably

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

My Nexus 5 has already shipped. Pretty stoked.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna wait to hear how the camera is before I even consider the N5. The 5" screen and increased resolution and pixel density sounds great but I'm not unhappy with my N4. I am thinking it's better to wait til N6 comes out.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno what to do for my primary phone...

I have an iPhone 4 as my primary. Plenty of iOS and Android devices to develop on, so that isn't an issue.

The issue is do I abandon iOS for a Nexus 5?????

It is the sex. I really like the iPhone 5s as well. It fits the hand better than the giant Android phones.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Your secondary phone should be an affordable one. I personally don't see the point of having 2 phones (unless 1 is strictly for work) but if you're gonna have 2, I'd think you want 1 to be iOS and 1 to be Android so you have best of both worlds, and I'd imagine you want your secondary phone to be affordable bc why spend so much on a secondary phone?

I think the Nexus is pretty affordable at 350. And it's a great phone. If I did the whole secondary phone thing it would be a no brainer to me to get the Nexus 5 as my secondary.
I develop apps for both platforms. I have an almost endless supply of top tier devices. It's just my primary is an old iPhone 4 (grandfathered into unlimited data on Verizon).

I will likely stick with iOS but I really like KitKat+N5.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh gotcha. So the Nexus 5 is a no brainer then no?
My go to apps on both don't overlap completely.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
personal preference being what it is, i find this interesting and not at all the case for me. and i have tiny hands. my old 3g was the last iphone i really felt fit my hand better than my note2 (bought my mom a 4s, so have used that form extensively, played with the 5 for a bit for the same reason i keep trying eggplant).
I'm surprised at the love of the note here and by some of my friends. It is so ******* huge. I don't like how huge it is. 50% of my friends that have bought it either love the note or sell it after a week.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm surprised at the love of the note here and by some of my friends. It is so ******* huge. I don't like how huge it is. 50% of my friends that have bought it either love the note or sell it after a week.
So my coworker got an iPhone 4 from a friend of his for free. My coworker is a "life long" Android user and needless to say he hated the iPhone but wanted to give it a shot.

He came into the office the other day and showed me the phone and I honestly thought he was ******* with me. The thing looks like its the size of a case of tictacs. While I think the Note 3 is slightly too big I still love it but I can not get over how TINY the iPhone is.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I want a note!! I love my S4 but big screen!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The iPhone 5 is a good size.

Honestly the S3 is decent too. It fits nice in your hands.

The NOTE is just too huge. I might as well walk around with an iPad mini at that point.
Its slightly too wide imo but it isnt that much bigger than the S4.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a lot of people who hasn't hasn't used the note for a decent amount of time other than just playing with it from a friend or at the store always says its too big. I said it too before I got it, but after awhile it doesn't even feel that big and makes other phones i hold feel like a toy.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The iphone 5 looks stupid. It's skinny and tall.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
The iphone 5 looks stupid. It's skinny and tall.
Your opinions are consistently rotten.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to get the Nexus 5. What exactly do I have to do once I get it? Just switch my sim card?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm probably going to get the Nexus 5. What exactly do I have to do once I get it? Just switch my sim card?
As long as it's a micro SIM. You can go to a carrier store and get one for like $10 if it's not.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-02-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I don't like non-replaceable batteries

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Non removable battery and no sd slot are big knocks for me. I like to keep a chunk of music and a least a couple movies/tv shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Same here. I am a battery killer and need to carry a spare to use sometimes. I also carry music and movies and shows so the expandable memory is a must

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: