Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least I don't have to worry about how much money we're gunna need to spend on re-signing Downie and Varly :-(

Oh god, Staz and radar need extensions to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what this Varlamov situation means, right? Miller for Stastny is back in play! And then Stastny for all the picks!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
You know what this Varlamov situation means, right? Miller for Stastny is back in play! And then Stastny for all the picks!
I will find you. And I will kill you.

And then me and Staz will go murder joe Sacco together.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Phoenix is pretty high scoring these days, huh? Where is that coming from? Their games seem pretty loose on both ends, though I admit I don't see them very much at all.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm betting downie boned varlamov's wife and he found out about it

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
i'm betting downie boned varlamov's wife and he found out about it
Varly's not married, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that was true of Downie and his gf.

That said I can see the logic now that I'm over how upset I am at losing Downie. Steve is the kind of guy you love to have on the ice for your team, but he's not the kind of guy you love to invest in heavily because you're not gunna love him sitting in the box, or in a suit while injured. I love the way he plays but it makes him super unreliable, and with a likely 4+ million cap hit coming his way I can see Roy's reservation about spending that money on him when radar, Staz and Varly need extensions, we have a number of rfas needing raises, and we still want to add a top 3 lefty PP QB. Talbot's cheap, totally reliable, helps our depth on the PK even more, and with Parenteau going back to Duchene's wing, compliments MacK and McG more than Downie would've with his defensive game, board work and experience.

We should've gotten a pick or prospect in this trade, but I see the rationale and like the idea of putting a guy who can handle the defense for MacGinnon with playoff experience.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact Varly was able to play last night is disgusting.

Also, Philly continues to show why they're the laughing stock of the NHL. I remember when the Flyers beat the Pens in the playoffs two years ago and one Philly reporter said that Giroux was passed the baton to be the best player. Overpaid and ****** is what he is. 0 goals, Claude?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
The fact Varly was able to play last night is disgusting.

Also, Philly continues to show why they're the laughing stock of the NHL. I remember when the Flyers beat the Pens in the playoffs two years ago and one Philly reporter said that Giroux was passed the baton to be the best player. Overpaid and ****** is what he is. 0 goals, Claude?
**** you guy. The fact that you're rushing to judgement on Varly is what's disgusting.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
**** you guy. The fact that you're rushing to judgement on Varly is what's disgusting.
Maybe, but the fact he was arrested and in jail for assault on a woman earlier in the day means something to me. I don't have any sympathy for that, especially since the report said that there were noticable bruises on her body.

He may be innocent, but I still don't think he should have been playing.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe, but the fact he was arrested and in jail for assault on a woman earlier in the day means something to me. I don't have any sympathy for that, especially since the report said that there were noticable bruises on her body.

He should have been held out by the coaches.
No league action yet, but coaches should have thought better of playing him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty".
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Whatever happened to "pay attention to the police report and form an obvious conclusion".

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
No one is saying he should be punished from the league.
But when a guy has a situation like he does, probably not in the best interest to run him out there.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Innocent till proven guilty sure, but not like anyone's talking about putting him in jail without a hearing. Just that he shouldn't be representing the team/league literally the day it happened.

Innocent till proven guilty protects you from the law, not public opinion. I don't have to blindly pretend I don't think he's guilty until a court says so.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
But when a guy has a situation like he does, probably not in the best interest to run him out there.
NJX already said it but Patrick Roy doesn't give a ****, he's an asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:

The reports say that she had a light bruise on her arm and hip, like if she slipped outside to get Varly's hand off of her wrist as his father suggested. And not like he kicked her in the chest and then stomped on her like she's claiming. *shrug*. Not that I don't think Varly pulled a jackass move by grabbing her arm in the middle of a fight, but her story is about as sketchy as a domestic violence case can get.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Or if he's innocent letting him feel the whole team rally behind him instead of isolating him is what should've been done.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Or if he's innocent letting him feel the whole team rally behind him instead of isolating him is what should've been done.
And if he is guilty, they've been running a woman beater out there as their goalie.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-02-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
And if he is guilty, they've been running a woman beater out there as their goalie.
Yup, but if Varly really karate kicked her to the ground and stomped on her chest for a couple of minutes, I'm pretty sure his ass will be gone as soon as he is convicted, and the team better apologize for continuing to play him until his guilty was determined. Cause that type of scumbaggery is unforgivable and inexcusable.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm still not happy about it, but Vanek - Tavares - Okposo is just all of my favorite things in one line. And today they said **** Boston.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, Darren Helm is playing and he just scored and it was on a breakaway, where he never cashes in.

Whoa.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Pominville, Nino, and Granlund. That's what I like to see. I just wish Coyle could get healthy.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I like the wild, especially with the warm spot I have for the twin cities. So STL needs to suck it up this year so the Blackhawks, Avs and Wild can take the top 3 spots in the central.

Plus if the blues sucked it up Staz wouldn't be tempted to go home to play with his buttbuddy Stewie, who's not as awesome as Landy anyways!

Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell did Nino have one point in 55 games last year? He certainly has looked better than that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I think oilers need to trade Gagner for a center who would compliment RNH better before moving Yakubov, but if they did, I think buffalo could be an interesting place to look. They have a lot of second forwards, really good young defensive prospects, and high picks in the next two drafts while needing some high end talent. Oilers could get a number of really good pieces for yak, and buffalo could add a great young goal scoring talent to replace Vanek who fits their rebuild.

Assuming Ryan Miller doesn't decide to amend his NT list maybe something like Hodgson/Girgs/Girgs, armia and the islanders pick for Yak and a second? Oilers then ship out Gagner for some picks or prospects to go after a goalie.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Hodgson-Hemsky/Armia

Is a much better balanced top 6 and they add pieces to get that goalie they need.

Buffalo turns one of their solid secondary wingers into that top end forward talent they're lacking, and still has two of their three good young centers for their lottery picks this year and next year to join.

Yak, Girgs, Grigs, Ennis, Foligno, etc is a good group for this year's pick and McDavid to join.

Quote: