Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd include Rolle and Hill as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What good defensive player is 5-10 in the draft? Not barr right? And how good is this Mike Evans out of A&M? I am not sure I was impressed when I saw him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
DEs have been setting the edge just fine. And Beason has done a tremendous job of filling gaps.

The pass rush is the obvious problem. We have 1 legit pass rusher who's hurt, and a questionable pass rusher with potential that never sees the field. If JPP doesn't recover and Moore never sees the field, our pass rush will be poor all season.

Regardless, we need another pass rusher in the upcoming draft and that's probably #1 on my wishlist.
I am a big believer in interior passrush facilitating sacks across the line. It is tough to block JPP but schematically teams can slide protection, chip, double ect to account for an edge rusher but when you are able to apply pressure in the interior it eliminates stepping up into the pocket therefore allowing the edge rush to clean up.

Hankins and Lival are nice young players but they are at their best against the run. When Tuck was in his prime and able to kick inside to the undertackle is when your pass rush was REALLY scary. Cullen Jenkins is a jag at this point of his career, upgrading with a young 3tech and I think it all comes full circle.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 11-07-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
What good defensive player is 5-10 in the draft? Not barr right? And how good is this Mike Evans out of A&M? I am not sure I was impressed when I saw him.
I don't know yet. I don't get into the draft until the bowl games. I'm in favor of just trading out of our selection if we are in that range and collecting more picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd include Rolle and Hill as well.
I'd include Hill not but Rolle. Reason being we know what we have in Rolle. He's gonna give us his production. Hill is a wildcard bc we can't trust him.

The guys I listed were guys who are necessary for us to win but are unpredictable in their production for their own individual reasons, being health or otherwise.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I am a big believer in interior passrush facilitating sacks across the line. It is tough to block JPP but schematically teams can slide protection, chip, double ect to account for an edge rusher but when you are able to apply pressure in the interior it eliminates stepping up into the pocket therefore allowing the edge rush to clean up.

Hankins and Lival are nice young players but they are at their best against the run. When Tuck was in his prime and able to kick inside to the undertackle is when your pass rush was REALLY scary. Cullen Jenkins is a jag at this point of his career, upgrading with a young 3tech and I think it all comes full circle.
I absolutely agree with this. It's hard finding that 3 tech though, very hard. The bust rate for DTs is so high, I'm scared of drafting DTs in round 1 for the most part. Sheldon Richardson was a slam dunk this year, but getting that pass rushing 3 tech is so hard to find, they're just rare.

Also keep in mind the system. Fewell has his DTs stack (2 gap), they're not supposed to pass rush. So the only opportunity they get to shoot gaps is on 3rd and long.

But yeah, they're run stuffers. Very good ones but they offer little pass rush. We need an interior guy for sure.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know yet. I don't get into the draft until the bowl games. I'm in favor of just trading out of our selection if we are in that range and collecting more picks.

I'd include Hill not but Rolle. Reason being we know what we have in Rolle. He's gonna give us his production. Hill is a wildcard bc we can't trust him.

The guys I listed were guys who are necessary for us to win but are unpredictable in their production for their own individual reasons, being health or otherwise.
No thanks. Unless we can get another 1st from a team, we have a shot to get a blue chip prospect. We haven't had this show since 2004. I am not ready to trade out unless a team gives us a big time offer. If not, we are in prime spot to get someone really, really good. I am pulling the trigger on that.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Looks like Wilson to IR. So no return on our investment, thus far, with him.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughh let's just hope he's fine next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Doesn't look good for Wilson. That very well may become a bust.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This is why you never take RB's in the first round! :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Don't tempt him!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is it shady for the commish in your fantasy league to tell Team A to pick up a player over Team B because they wanted to block Team B from getting that player knowing it would hurt them?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yup. That's shady.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

When I say "hurt them" I meant it hurts Team B because they have no relevant QB now but it helps the commish because they can possibly leap frog Team B in the standings because of that.

I don't even care about fantasy as much as I used to but this move has me a bit ticked.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's absolutely shady. Commish, or anyone in particular, should not manipulate the waiver wire in any way. That's cheating.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team A did need a QB though. And he was more than happy to screw over team B. And he is playing me this week. So it could backfire.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

All I know is I would beat both of you in fantasy football.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't think that happens in the NFL? Jerry Reese calls his buddy GM and says, "hey, you kind of need help at LBer, would you pick this guy up and make sure the Eagles don't get him?"

I'm sure stuff like that happens.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Of course it does. Still doesn't make it right lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Good news by Dan Graziano saying that Wilson will be 2014 and won't need surgery.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It may or may not happen but I dont see Jerry Reese telling the team he screwed over right to their face. I want reparations immediately!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It may or may not happen but I dont see Jerry Reese telling the team he screwed over right to their face. I want reparations immediately!
That's on him then. He should. The pleasure is much better that way.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should do a league just us giants fans next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
We should do a league just us giants fans next year
So you and I can collude to screw over GF?
Old 11-07-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Going forward the Giants are going to happen serious issues of talent deficit on their Defensive Line.

Tuck is actually their best player this year, and they basically have no one else playing well in the pass rush department. Some of the DTs like Mike Patterson and Shaun Rogers are playing well against the run but these are older vets who do not figure to be a significant part of the Giants' future.

I am also of the mind that Jason Pierre Paul was vastly overrated based on one season, and injury or not, will be a marginal player for the rest of his career. If you want to talk about injuries, realize that back injuries are the worst kind of injury for a DLineman to have - this has the potential to derail his career for years to come.

And no, they do not have a shot at drafting Jadaveon Clowney with their first round pick this year either. They will win anywhere from 4-7 games.
How do you figure that?

I expect we will extend JPP and Joseph

DT we have Joseph, Hankins and Kuhn, DE we have JPP, Moore - all of these have ability and potential.

add in a vet like Jenkins at DT and maybe Tuck at DE along with another young guy to develop and we are fine, particularly if we can improve our LB group.

You can't say the same about the oline. None of the young guys on the roster behind the starters have stepped up despite having opportunity. If you look at our Oline group and project the guys over the next couple of years and we have Pugh and Beatty, maybe Boothe and?? If we are lucky we may be able to squeeze a little more tread out of Baas or Snee if they can get healthy (that is a big question). We need around 9 capable linemen. This has to be our biggest need.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote