Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-22-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This one caught my eye, simply because I'm not sure where this came from. I'm not saying Mike Williams will or won't be a good player for Clemson, but he only had two catches in garbage time, so I'm wondering what you saw from that that made him a standout. Surprised you elaborated on him but not someone like Marquez North, who I think had a tremendous day and shows a lot more potential.
He impressed me in that game and previous games he has played in the past two weeks. Love his size and the quickness he has for how big he is, really looks big on the field, is listed as 6-5 on espn.com but 6-3 on the official Tennessee bio. I just really like his physical potential and surprising quickness he has shown, but hopefully he plays up to that potential unlike Martavis Bryant his teammate. But even with Bryant, the kid is still going to get a shot at being a NFL WR whenever he comes out for the draft.

North I need to see more of to be honest, obviously flashed in that game especially with that insane catch, but sadly they do not have the best QB play there. But still after this game he should be doing a lot more with only Pig Howard being the one other legit WR threat, when compared to Clemson who has tons of weapons to throw at, with two or three other NFL wide receivers on the team outside of Williams potentially.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 9:
*Alvin Dupree JR DE Kentucky: Really played well, was all over the field, very athletic off the edge. Ideal 3/4 OLB at the next level, has that low to the ground build and can get under blockers and gain leverage. If he keeps up such a fine level of play would not be surprised to see him leave early.

*Gabe Jackson SR OG Miss State: Really like his toughness, big strong run blocker, gets good push and has a little nasty side to him. Nice looking guard, not an elite player because of his lack in athletic ability at times but very solid guard potentially at the next level.

*Denico Autry SR DE Miss State: Love his size, big tall kid, has long arms and is difficult to block on the edge. Ideal height and weight really, could be a nice pickup late for someone in the draft unless he works out well, then he could rise quite a bit.

*Nickoe Whitley SR SS Miss State: In the NFL of today he is a dangerous player to draft because he hits so hard he could draw a lot of penalties and fines, got kicked out of his UK game. Kind of a dirty player also but hard to not like his physical size as a safety, looks huge out there. If he shows he can be consistent in pass coverage he could be a pretty high pick but his rambunctious might make teams afraid of him.

*Avery Williamson SR ILB Kentucky: Liked him a lot last year, still keeping up a good level of play. Is athletic and can make plays, is not afraid of contact and is a consistent tackler. Should be a fine middle linebacker prospect in the NFL or strong side linebacker.

*Malcolm Johnson JR TE/FB Miss State: Nice looking tight end, could be a great full back potentially at his sized, is a little small for a tight end but is a big strong athlete and can go down the field and catch the ball well. Could be a wonderful weapon as a pass catching full back I feel or H-back.

*Marcus McWilson FR SS Kentucky: Did not do a lot but I like how active he was, consistently being around the ball and fighting to make tackles. Young player but one to watchout for in the future.

*Blaine Clausell JR OT Miss State: Noticed him a few years back, he is rounding out nicely. Big tall kid, nice athlete and looks impressive on the field. Is a nice mid round prospect potentially at tackle.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 9:
*Jake Fisher JR OT Oregon: Extremely impressive blocker, part of the undersized Oregon offensive line, but he is still a tall kid and run blocks very well. He will stick to his man and block all the way till the end of the play. Really stays on his block well and takes the defender out of the play. Could be a high pick possibly if a lot of juniors come out early at OT this year.

*Michael Sam SR OLB Missouri: Really coming on as a prospect, now most people know about him but he is simply one of the best pass rushers in the country. Hard to block, gets really low and shows good power and speed. Is a potential 3/4 OLB pass rusher, and with his quickness and overall athletic ability he could impress a lot of teams when it comes to the workout.

*Ellis McCarthy SOPH DT UCLA: Really nice looking talent, huge kid, just massive. Is a very good athlete, active in pass rushing and will go and make tackles down field as well. Really fine talent and one to watch close in the future.

*Avery Patterson SR CB Oregon: Played a great game, made some very impressive tackles on the ball, was consistently making plays and was sound in pass coverage. Could climb up fast as a senior corner if he keeps playing this well.

*Antonio Richardson JR OT Tennessee: Hard to not like the kid, got a lot of hype last year when he played well against Clowney. But he is continuing to get better, is a very sound tackle overall, good athlete and is hard to beat in pass rush situations. He could be a very high pick come draft day if he comes out, might be out highly ranked seniors potentially with good workouts.

*Jordan Zumwalt SR ILB UCLA: Wow did he have a good game. Noticed him for awhile, but really played like a man against Oregon. Making tackles consistently and aggressively. I think he could be an ideal 3/4 ILB in the NFL potentially, has great height and is a long stronger than you think for a 235 pound linebacker.

*Myles Jack FR OLB UCLA: Talked about him last week, and he had a real impact in this game early making some great individual plays. Such a freak athlete, he should be an absolute star in the future and possibly 1st round talent.

*Shadrach Thornton SOPH RB NC State: Had an outstanding game, made one great run late in the game against FSU backups but still shows a lot of ability. Played really good last year against FSU but did not do much against lesser opponents. Nice talent though with big play ability, just needs to do it against everyone.

*Jamal Robinson JR WR Louisiana Lafyette: Has really good hands, big nice frame and decent route runner. Not many know of him but he is a legit receiver talent and should get even better over time.

*Daniel McCullers SR NT Tennessee: Had a stretch of very impressive plays against Alabama. Got good constant push in the pocket and is in much better shape obviously this season. With someone his size, if he continues to make impact plays on the field and get that type of push I can now see why some talk about him as a 1st round pick.

*Byron Marshall SOPH RB Oregon: Shows really good toughness and very good speed. Is a nice combination of both and is even taking carries away from DeAnthony Thomas. Really nice looking prospect so far.

*Shilique Calhoun SOPH DE Michigan State: Long armed athlete, consistently gets to the QB. Has nice quickness off the edge and a good motor. He is part of an outstanding Michigan State defense and is one of their best talents as well.

*Kendall Fuller FR CB Virginia Tech: Had three INTs in the game, brother of Kyle Fuller and following in his footsteps. Shows very good instincts for the game and could make that VT defense a terror in the future with him and Facyson another outstanding freshman as your corners for the future.

*Taysom Hill SOPH RB BYU: Wow he is dangerous, very elite runner, almost to the point of considering him a running back talent, and he still might be. But wow he has improved his throwing, had some nice touch passes, good air under the ball and nice arm strength. If he keeps developing his passing ability he will be one of the most dangerous plays in college football.

*Christion Jones JR WR Alabama: Quickly becoming possibly the best pure return man in college in terms of his natural running style, vision and consistency. Not your elite athlete who is a barn burner but he has such great vision he is one outstanding return man.

*Connor Cook SOPH QB Michigan State: Big kid, thick and throws a very nice ball. At times shows some really good arm strength, can see why he beat out Maxwell to be the starter. With some more time he could develop into a nice player in a few years.

*Dadi Nicolas SOPH DE Virginia Tech: Love his athletic ability, very quick off the edge. Speed rusher who can beat most offensive tackles at times, with more playing time in the future he could become a fine pass rusher.

*Jace Amaro JR TE Texas Tech: First time I have seen him play, can see what the hype is about with his great size for a tight end but fine ability to catch the football. Can stretch the field but not sure I would be him above a few of the other junior tight ends. One to watch though at that size, nice looking athlete.

Others who stoodout:
Shane Ray SOPH DE Missouri
Jason Croom FR WR Tennessee
Mitch Mathews BYU SOPH WR BYU
Justin Coleman JR CB Tennessee
Cody Hoffman SR WR BYU
Alani Fua JR LB BYU
Damien Wilson JR ILB Minnesota

Disappointed:
Brett Hundley RS SOPH QB UCLA: Did not play all that well, took off running a lot but to his credit he does not have a lot of weapons to throw too. Really would be served better to come back to school. Compared to Mariota, Hundley is still pretty raw in game management, control of the football and pose in the pocket.

Stephen Obeng-Agyapong SR S Penn State: Not playing as good as I thought he could on a very thin defense. At times he is not even on the field when he should be. Still has potential I think but would expect more from him being a senior.

Xavier Sua-Filo RS JR OG UCLA: Still like him as a prospect, but now I can see why they moved him to guard. At his size, he is not as quick as he was as a younger player. He struggles in isolating pass protection situations and looked silly at times. Still love his size, toughness and large base, but will have to stick to guard. Nice to have a little versatility every now and again though.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the BYU game and the players that stood out to me besides the usual (Cody Hoffman, Kyle Van Noy, etc.)

S Craig Bills. Flies around the field and was a sure tackler on the night. The only play I seen that his tackle was broken, he regathers himself and chases down the ball carrier and forces a fumble.

LB Uani Unga. Solid middle man for the BYU defense. Solid tackler but a little stiff in the hips. Made a nice play that forced a fumble. Was all over the field on the night.

LB Alani Fua. Dude was rail thin when he came to BYU but he's bulked up a little. Can rush the passer but has unexpectedly played very well in pass coverage this season with one pick six vs GT and one game ending INT vs Houston. He is a junior so expect him to be back in Provo next season. I hope he can add more weight to his frame.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Week 9:

Stephen Obeng-Agyapong SR S Penn State: Not playing as good as I thought he could on a very thin defense. At times he is not even on the field when he should be. Still has potential I think but would expect more from him being a senior.
He's too slow for safety, too small for LB.

Allen Robinson had another big day (12-174-1) though a lot of that came after the game was well out of reach.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Murphy OLB had a great game for Stanford. He got constant pressure through out the game and made the offense have to adapt to the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Sam reminds me of Corey Lemonier from last year's draft. Production is good, but doesn't have the elite measurables. They actually look to be about the same size, with similar athletic ability (maybe edge to Sam), and arm length. Lemonier was a 3rd rounder. I think that's about where Sam goes. Solid player, but not a huge difference maker rushing the QB at the next level. Best case scenario is an Ahmad Brooks type, which isn't a bad player.

Amaro is the real deal. He's my #2 TE behind Ebron. Never been huge on ASJ for whatever reason. Amaro can really run and get open. More of a slot receiver than an inline TE, but will be a matchup problem at the next level.

I also was impressed with Avery Patterson. Looks like he's listed as a safety for Oregon. Looked like he was playing a lot of CB (maybe nickel) yesterday. No way he's a safety at the next level.

And Jack is definitely a future 1st round pick. Really good looking athlete who will only get better in the next couple years. Top 15 potential.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know where to put this, and didn't want to start a new thread. ...but I really love Kelvin Benjamin. As a Bears fan seeing the success they are having with big catch radius his, I think Benjamin is going to make a team very happy in 2015. More Alshon Jeffery than Calvin Johnson, but with Calvin's size. I think if he runs anywhere in the 4.5s he's a 1st round pick.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
rawdawg I didn't know where to put this, and didn't want to start a new thread. ...but I really love Kelvin Benjamin. As a Bears fan seeing the success they are having with big catch radius his, I think Benjamin is going to make a team very happy in 2015. More Alshon Jeffery than Calvin Johnson, but with Calvin's size. I think if he runs anywhere in the 4.5s he's a 1st round pick.
I think he is an absolute lock 1st round talent, without question the only receiver that comes close to him in potential in Mike Evans. Guy has improved so much this season, I would take him in the top 10 this year with a great workout easy.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
I think he is an absolute lock 1st round talent, without question the only receiver that comes close to him in potential in Mike Evans. Guy has improved so much this season, I would take him in the top 10 this year with a great workout easy.
Yeah, I was probably being too conservative. Our guy, Myles Jack, for UCLA rushed for over 100 yards, and had like 8-9 tackles on defense with a fumble recovery.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 11
*Javorius Allen RS SOPH RB USC: Holy crap where did this guy come from, a RS sophomore like this that has rarely seen the field? Kid is killing it, running very hard and showing amazing open field speed. If he keeps this up might be talking early entry to the NFL this year, wow he has been impressive the past two weeks, played an awful run defense in Cal but still what a showing.

*David Yankey SR OG Stanford: Probably the best guard in the country after what he did against Oregon. Just destroyed people, has been around for awhile and been good for awhile. Great looking prospect and just another outstanding Stanford offensive lineman.

*Landon Collins SOPH S Alabama: Another great Alabama safety, could argue he has more potential than Ha Ha down the road. Amazing tackler, very fast and reacts really well. Should be an absolute star next year if he is not already this year.

*Myles Jack FR LB UCLA: I have talked about him a lot already, but wow the kid playing flipping running back and ran for over 100 yards! Very impressive playing both ways like that, I do not know if I have ever seen that done, kind of remember Brian Toal from BC doing it awhile back but not quite sure. Jack is just amazing, easily one of the best football players in the country already.

*Branden Oliver SR RB Buffalo: Having a really great year, love his physical toughness and just looks like a ball of muscle. Good quickness, low to the ground could be a 2nd round pick at best I feel and for sure a 3rd round guy potentially.

*Ha Ha Clinton-Dix JR S Alabama: Everyone knows about him, the guy is simply the most talented safety in the country. Big kid, runs really well, is a good tackler, elite athlete and should be a 1st round pick in a very weak and muddled safety class if he comes out early.

*Steve Edmond JR LB Texas: Made two great plays in pass coverage, in the end zone to win the game for Texas. Really active all game, good tackler, nice size and is part of an improving Texas defense.

*Josh Shaw JR CB/S USC: Really like how he is playing, impressive showing at corner and he has potential as a free safety. Good in coverage, smart and makes plays on the field, really having an outstanding season.
Chris Jones FR DE Miss State

*C.J. Mosley SR OLB Alabama: Easy to forget about him, has been around forever but he is having a great season. All over the field, reacts to everyone around him very well. If you take out the 3/4 pass rushing linebackers, Mosley is easily the best linebacker in the up coming draft.

*Cedric Ogbuehi JR OT Texas A&M: Have not watched him a ton, too busy paying attention to Matthews but this kid can play. Very good athlete, long arms, game looks easy to him. Be interesting if he comes out where he will go, because it could be very high.

*Cedric Reed JR DE Texas: Big time rush end, huge kid, very tall and had a really good game along with a few other Horn pass rushers. Nice looking talent and will be interesting to see him develop the rest of the season.

*Zach Mettenberger SR QB LSU: Very, very hard to not like what he did against Alabama, had another good game. A few close class but made some really elite level passes. Showed some amazing toughness and competitiveness at the end of the game as well. Really hard to not be impressed with him, even though they lost people will remember that game come draft time.

*Desmond Jackson JR DT Texas: Had a great game, was in the backfield all the time. Really got after it, tough inside and showed good athletic ability for a big man.

*Eric Murray SOPH CB Minnesota: Very nice young player for Minnesota. Long armed corner, good in pass coverage and plays with good technique. Is part of a very improved Minnesota defense.

*James Vaughters JR OLB Stanford: Big tough kid, will be his time next year to rush the passer off the edge. Looks like a very solid 3/4 OLB pass rusher, good athlete and had a good game against Oregon.

*Melvin Gordon RS SOPH RB Wisconsin: Having a great year but it is hard to get a read on him, last year really only showed up as a fly sweep athlete that got big runs. Now in the I formation he is doing some good things, shows great athletic ability. Is eligible for the draft and will be interesting to see if he comes out or not.

*Marcel Jensen SR TE Fresno State: Huge tight end prospect, having a decent season even though he should get the ball more than he should. Just on size along he will get a chance in the NFL. Deep group of solid tight ends this year and he is one of them.

*Deion Belue SR CB Alabama: Not a star corner but shows good technique in coverage, is a tough kid, smooth athlete and could see his name called late in the draft I think.

*Dominique Alexander FR LB Oklahoma: Had an amazing game for Oklahoma in a loss. Was all over the place making plays. Very active, another undersized Oklahoma linebacker but if he puts on a few pounds he could be really good.

*Jalston Fowler RS SR FB Alabama: Could be one hell of a full back prospect. Has ability to run the ball, big kid, low to the ground. Will have to watch him more but he is having a nice season and could be a nice weapon as a full back in the NFL, good late round pick possibly.

Others who stoodout......

Joshua Stanford FR WR Virginia Tech
Ryan Kelly SOPH C Alabama
Khalil Mack SR OLB Buffalo
Ahmad Dixon SR S Baylor
Kyle Costigan JR OG Wisconsin
Eric Striker SOPH LB Oklahoma
Khalil Wilkes SR C Stanford
Zack Sanchez FR CB Oklahoma
Ty Montgomery JR WR Stanford
Wayne Lyons JR CB Stanford
Tyler Gaffney SR RB Stanford
Soma Vainuku SOPH FB USC
Brock Vereen SR S/CB Minnesota

Disappointed
DeAnthony Thomas JR WR Oregon: Against a NFL type front he looked silly. Was not able to do much, kind of proves that he might not be able to be a running back in the NFL like so many say. Is a slot WR in my mind and simply did not play very tough in Oregon's biggest game of the year so far.

Marcus Mariota RS SOPH QB Oregon: Made a lot of mistakes, against a top flight defense he struggled under the pass rush. Will see how he comes back, still made some good throws but hard to do that under pressure.

Nicoke Whitley SR S Miss State: Really liked his play a few weeks ago, but looked bad in coverage a few times. Missed plays and took bad angles, sad to see. Athletically he could be a great safety to go down in the box but if he cannot cover he will not be able to make it in the NFL.

Rayshawn Jenkins SOPH S Miami FL: Good prospect but missed a ton of tackles against VT. The entire defense played awful, but Jenkins did not make plays he should have made, very disappointing.

a little from last week....

Week 10
*Mario Edwards Jr SOPH DE Florida State: Showed some amazing flashes pass rushing. Really impressive and just that little bit, if he can put that together wow he could be a player at that size. He is starting to come around that is for sure.

*Maxx Williams FR TE Minnesota: Kid is a player, can make plays consistently in the pass game, is a good athlete with nice hands. Should have a huge career in the next few years and is a nice looking talent.

*Jeremy Langford JR RB Michigan State: Impressive against Michigan, ran the ball hard and gave great effort. They have found their tailback that is for sure, nice looking athlete with surprising speed at times.

*Leon McQuay III FR DB USC: Really had a solid game, was consistent in coverage and is yet another very solid USC defensive back.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
rawdawg Yeah, I was probably being too conservative. Our guy, Myles Jack, for UCLA rushed for over 100 yards, and had like 8-9 tackles on defense with a fumble recovery.
That was freaking ridiculous! Do not think I have ever seen a player be that productive as a two way athlete at RB and LB. Freak show athlete, could argue in this years draft, on potential alone he would be the 1st LB taken.

I really hope they do not put him at RB, there is a shortage of elite level linebackers, not running backs! But for the team in makes sense, could even keep doing it possibly but in the NFL I think he is a linebacker.

Still wow kid is very impressive.

If you consider the RS Winston, look at the freshman class, there is big time elite level talent that has played great so far. Possible super star corner in Facyson, a stud TE in Howard, elite pass rusher in Floyd, beast in the middle with Nkemdiche big time safeties in Conner and Ramsey, absolute freak WR in Boyd and a great middle receiver in Treadwell. Oh and Myles Jack, Jameis Winston and Hackenberg.

Jack is the best true freshman that is for sure in the country, Jameis is the best if you consider the RS. Even to have the talk about Jack is as good as Winston as a 'freshman' says a lot in itself.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Week 11
*Javorius Allen RS SOPH RB USC: Holy crap where did this guy come from, a RS sophomore like this that has rarely seen the field? Kid is killing it, running very hard and showing amazing open field speed. If he keeps this up might be talking early entry to the NFL this year, wow he has been impressive the past two weeks, played an awful run defense in Cal but still what a showing.
I think he's great too. Struggled getting the playbook down in his first year but the lights came on this year. Despite that and impressing in camp with other RBs down through injury, Kiffin didn't play him much. Since Ogeron took over he's been getting more time and you can see it's deserved.

He got some praise from Marcus Allen a couple of weeks ago too.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
AJP19
I think he's great too. Struggled getting the playbook down in his first year but the lights came on this year. Despite that and impressing in camp with other RBs down through injury, Kiffin didn't play him much. Since Ogeron took over he's been getting more time and you can see it's deserved.

He got some praise from Marcus Allen a couple of weeks ago too.
He could be something special that is for sure.

And Ed Ogeron should be the USC full time head coach. Especially if he beats either Stanford or UCLA and finishes strong I don't know how they could not hire him as their head coach, he is doing a fabulous job! How a team could be so different with a coaching change I have no clue, but the difference is night and day with Ogeron instead of Kiffin.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He could be something special that is for sure.

And Ed Ogeron should be the USC full time head coach. Especially if he beats either Stanford or UCLA and finishes strong I don't know how they could not hire him as their head coach, he is doing a fabulous job! How a team could be so different with a coaching change I have no clue, but the difference is night and day with Ogeron instead of Kiffin.
Ogeron for HC is gaining momentum. He's letting the coaches coach and the players play, players love playing for him and he's ever popular with recruits. I like him, it's evident he has learnt from his mistakes at Ole Miss. I like most of the coaching staff too, bringing in a new HC is looking like more and more of a risk because it seems a lot of the pieces are in place for SC to be successful. Based on how Ogeron has this team playing, guaranteeing the certainty of a new hire being a distinct upgrade is looking harder and harder to ascertain.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should Myles Jack get his own thread now? Or possibly his own sub-forum?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Weeks 12, 13, 14
*Cassius Marsh SR DE UCLA: What a game he had against USC, and has been playing well the past few weeks. Always had made plays on the field but wow showed some great quickness off the edge. Active defensive end, good size and could really rise up the draft charts. Never thought of him as an elite player but if he keeps playing like he did against USC he could really rise.

*Jaelen Strong SOPH WR Arizona State: Really big time receiver prospect, part of an outstanding sophomore class. Has very long arms, good speed, large hands and is a big reason Arizona State is playing so well this season.

*Levi Norwood JR WR Baylor: Very impressed with him the last few weeks. Long stride, moves very well on the field and is surprisingly quick. Big kid, good athlete overall and should be an absolute star in the future and could even come out for the draft this year and probably be picked in the 2nd-3rd round.

*Dorial Green-Beckham SOPH WR Missouri: I have been extremely hard on him last year. Finally he seems to have got his act together. Making big plays consistently, catching the ball well, getting open and showing that great speed and athletic ability. Really has turned his name around and if he continues this progression he will be a huge prospect by next season.

*Dee Ford SR DE Auburn: Coming on more of late in these big games. Very athletic outside pass rusher, common theme in the SEC. Pretty undersized but should not matter much in a 3/4 defense. Has good strength and is strong at the point of attack despite being a linebackers body playing defensive end. In the conversation with other top 3/4 OLB pass rushers.

*Devin Funchess SOPH TE Michigan: Wow that kid is a star, such an amazing athlete, already mentioned him before this season. What he did against Ohio State was awesome, could argue he is the best tight end in the country in terms of potential and will take Ebron's place next season as the top one in the country. Great looking talent and a super athlete.

*Clint Chelf SR QB Oklahoma State: Looked great against Baylor, threw the ball so well, is a very fine athlete and might sneak up on some people come draft time. A senior and really could argue he is in the mix with all those other fine senior quarterbacks potentially, especially if he finishes the season strong.

*Randy Gregory JR DE Nebraska: Has had a great end to his season. Tons of hype around him now, such a fast looking athlete and so quick off the edge. Has a lot to improve on but his potential is so high right now, a team might take a chance on him early if he comes out. Very talented player improving a great deal as the season goes on.

*Jonathan McLaughlin FR OT Virginia Tech: Very good looking tackle for him, just a freshman but is a fine athlete, has long arms and good feet. Should be a star prospect if he continues to develop.

*Tre Mason JR RB Auburn: Everyone knows about him now, will be interesting if he comes out for the draft or not because that junior class he is in turns out to be loaded with talent who might all enter early. Still very good talent, tough runner who is hard to bring down and does not make mistakes, very consistent.

*Audrey Walker JR OG USC: Really like how he is playing, very tough physical run blocker, good athlete and doing quite well at guard this season. Was a good player last year at tackle and is rounding out to a very talented prospect.

*Nelson Agholor SOPH WR USC: Just keeps getting better, smooth athlete and continues to improve his game. Is playing much better than his more hyped up teammate Marquise Lee.

*Sammie Coates SOPH WR Auburn: Really like his game, good looking athlete, big tough receiver and consistently makes plays. Has game breaking potential and is a big weapon for that Auburn offense.

*Shaq Wiggins FR CB Georgia: Very good young corner prospect for Georgia, not a huge player but is good in coverage and shows that aggressive confidence you always want in a corner.

*Bennie Fowler SR WR Michigan State: Had some very good games in the past few weeks. Made some really difficult catches against Nebraska. Will be a late round pick or an undrafted guy but is worth a look potentially.

*Gabe Wright JR DT Auburn: Had a great game against Alabama. Very athletic defensive talent. If he comes back for his senior season he could really be something but would not be surprised if he came out early.

*Emmanuel Ogbah FR DE Oklahoma State: Wow what an athlete, huge kid and very effective pass rusher. Part of a very underrated Oklahoma State defense, very nice looking talent.

*Braxton Miller JR QB Ohio State: Very really thought of him as an NFL QB, but he seems to get better and better and has made some very impressive throws this season for Ohio State. Obviously a good athlete but his decision making is solid and will be interesting to see how he develops as a senior QB next season.

*Ka'Deem Carey JR RB Arizona: Really impressive runner, having a great season for Arizona. Big thick athlete, good speed and strength, will be interesting what happens if he comes out early for the draft.

*Shilique Calhoun SOPH DE Michigan State: Mentioned him before, just continues to improve and is easily having one of the best seasons for a defensive end in the country. Is all over the field making plays with his athletic ability.

*Jake Butt FR TE Michigan: Had a very good game, nice looking young tight end for him and has great size for the position as well. Having one of the more funny last names in sports also helps one remember him too.

*Brent Urban SR DT Virginia: Have not seen him much but the kid is huge on that Virginia DL. Long arms, and would be perfect in many 3/4 type defenses and could play DT in a 4/3. Really interesting prospect to watchout for.

*Chris Davis SR CB Auburn: Hard to not like his return ability, does not really flash much as a corner in elite corner skills but is one to watch especially since he can be value as a return guy.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Christian Hackenburg FR QB Penn State: 21-30 for 339 yards and 4 TDs on the road against Wisconsin who hadn't given up more than 207 yds through the air at home all year and had allowed only 2 passing TDs at home all year.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Fales went off this week against #16 Fresno St allowing the Spartans to gain bowl eligibility. I think his stock is rising.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game by Hackenburg.

Also, maybe a coming out party for RS Fresh Geno Lewis. His route running still needs work, but he certainly has vertical speed.

With Robinson likely headed to the pros, Lewis might become Hack's main deep threat next season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ Gaines CB, Missouri could be a day 2 selection. Had a big game last night versus the top WR in the nation according to some people.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
EJ Gaines CB, Missouri could be a day 2 selection. Had a big game last night versus the top WR in the nation according to some people.
Yeah was really impressed. May be early day 2 at this point. In that 2nd tier after Dennard, Roby, and Ekpre-Olomu for me.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
gentry200meters
Rookie

gentry200meters hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for doing this all season Ozzy. One of my favorite reads.
gentry200meters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*Tre Mason JR RB Auburn: Everyone knows about him now, will be interesting if he comes out for the draft or not because that junior class he is in turns out to be loaded with talent who might all enter early. Still very good talent, tough runner who is hard to bring down and does not make mistakes, very consistent.
The talk around Auburn the last few weeks was that he was leaning towards entering the draft. After 160+ yards against Alabama I have a hard time believing that he will return for his SR season. There isn't a whole lot more for him to prove or improve upon by coming back next year. I dont really agree with you on the "stacked" JR class he would be up against; have you seen the Soph class of backs in the NCAA? Apart from Mason all of the best backs in the SEC are Sophomores (Gurley, Mike Davis, Yeldon, Jeremy Hill). Hill may enter this year as he is eligible; but the others all become eligible next year. Melvin Gordon who some consider the "top JR" in this class is apparently claiming that he is coming back next year. Basically, I dont think the 'pickings' are any better for Mason next year than they would be this year. I think the smart decision would be for him to declare early and I think that is what you are going to see happen.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Just realized this weekend that Tre Mason was the son of Maseo from De La Soul. He's instantly my favorite prospect if he comes out this draft.