Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
You can have your cake and eat it too, though. If you draft Clowney and have another abyssmal season with a bad QB, you may get Jameis Winston next year. You act as if this is the last year that team can ever draft a QB.
If you're a general manager or head coach, the clock is ticking.

This is exactly what Steve Spagnolo tried to do in STL when he drafted Chris Long #2 overall instead of Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. He probably thought he could wait and draft his franchise QB later, but when he finally did draft a QB, time had run out on him.

If he had taken Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco instead of Chris Long in 2008, Spagnolo might still have his job in St Louis.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If you're a general manager or head coach, the clock is ticking.

This is exactly what Steve Spagnolo tried to do in STL when he drafted Chris Long #2 overall instead of Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. He probably thought he could wait and draft his franchise QB later, but when he finally did draft a QB, time had run out on him.

If he had taken Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco instead of Chris Long in 2008, Spagnolo might still have his job in St Louis.
I completely agree as pretty much every team that has passed on potential franchise Qbs that needed one eventually regret it.

How sad is this?

2005 NFL draft

Pick 21 Jacksonville WR Matt Jones
Pick 24 Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers

This is how you become the Jacksonville Jaguars.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair they still had a young Byron Leftwich who wasn't that terrible yet. It wouldn't have made any sense to draft Rodgers then.

Plus who knows what happens to Rodgers in a different situation. He got 3 full year to develop in a really stable franchise and stepped into a great set of receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:55 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The funny thing is, I remember some loud Packer fans wanted Matt Jones because, and I quote, "he could be the next Don Hutson!"
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
To be fair they still had a young Byron Leftwich who wasn't that terrible yet. It wouldn't have made any sense to draft Rodgers then.

Plus who knows what happens to Rodgers in a different situation. He got 3 full year to develop in a really stable franchise and stepped into a great set of receivers.
Some people thought it didn't make any sense for Green Bay to take him either. There was some sentiment that they should have drafted for the now to give Favre one last shot at a SB and the defense was not very good the year before.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Some people thought it didn't make any sense for Green Bay to take him either. There was some sentiment that they should have drafted for the now to give Favre one last shot at a SB and the defense was not very good the year before.
I was one of those people. I wanted them to draft Marlin Jackson (DB, Michigan) in an effort to make one more run with Favre.

I'm soooo glad that I'm not the Packers GM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I completely agree as pretty much every team that has passed on potential franchise Qbs that needed one eventually regret it.

How sad is this?

2005 NFL draft

Pick 21 Jacksonville WR Matt Jones
Pick 24 Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers

This is how you become the Jacksonville Jaguars.
well they took a college qb...
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I would take Jacory Harris in a heartbeat, he was clutch against G Tech, he can run a pro-style offense with poise, he is accurate and he has a strong arm. He makes the reads necessary in the NFL, he has a good feel for the pocket and is super clutch, wait its not 2009?

Don't be surprised if Winston has a slump

I would say Luck
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Clowney because he's not a QB

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Clowney be a 3-4 DE too? With the Texans sucking, I have been considering him as a possible option in the draft.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Could Clowney be a 3-4 DE too? With the Texans sucking, I have been considering him as a possible option in the draft.
I like him best off the edge, so he'd probably be bumped outside to OLB on passing downs. You shouldn't be allowed to have JJ Watt and Clowney though. That's not exactly fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To answer the question posted in this thread: Y'all thought Andrew Luck was Jesus and the best prospect since Elway or something and he's not even the best QB in his own draft class so that leaves quite a bit of room for Clowney.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
To answer the question posted in this thread: Y'all thought Andrew Luck was Jesus and the best prospect since Elway or something and he's not even the best QB in his own draft class so that leaves quite a bit of room for Clowney.
Even if you think that Wilson has been better than Luck so far in their careers I'd much rather have Luck for the next 10 years than Wilson. Luck took the Colts from the worst team in the league to a playoff team in one year and now they're the best team in their division.

I'm a huge fan of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in general but it's kind of absurd to say that Wilson is a better QB than Luck.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Even if you think that Wilson has been better than Luck so far in their careers I'd much rather have Luck for the next 10 years than Wilson. Luck took the Colts from the worst team in the league to a playoff team in one year and now they're the best team in their division.

I'm a huge fan of Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in general but it's kind of absurd to say that Wilson is a better QB than Luck.
I was going to go with Griffin, who also took a perennially worse team in Washington to the same playoffs on his back but I'd settle for Wilson. You put any of the 3 on SEA or IND and they're both still playoff teams, but I don't think Washington was near as advantageous as Indy or Seattle.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck had a bad game today so I'm supposed to change my overall view of him? Nope. I prefer to avoid such simple mindedness.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Andrew Luck had a bad game today so I'm supposed to change my overall view of him? Nope. I prefer to avoid such simple mindedness.
You're on the wrong side of history, my friend. 1 game over 300 yards this season. Against Miami, who has allowed that 3 out of 8 times this season.

20th in the league in yards per game. You guys are all in love with the idea of Luck, but not actually Andrew Luck.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing yards is the measure of a QB? You're with yourself then, because Luck has more passing yards this season than Russell Wilson.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Passing yards is the measure of a QB? You're with yourself then, because Luck has more passing yards this season than Russell Wilson.
Russell Wilson is 7th in NFL in Y/A. Luck is 22nd.

If you look up literally 5 posts I clearly said Griffin was better than Luck. Griffin accounts for more yards per game, throws better and runs better than Luck. Statistically speaking, which doesn't mean much because Luck is Jesus.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:

If you look up literally 5 posts I clearly said Griffin was better than Luck. Griffin accounts for more yards per game, throws better and runs better than Luck. Statistically speaking, which doesn't mean much because Luck is Jesus.
This year Luck has accounted for less ints, less fumbles, more rushing TDs and more wins than Griffin.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is also loses more games this year, turns it over more, and gets hurt more often. Luck has been a great player so far. Griffin put up a lot of garbage time numbers early in the season as well.

I don't see how Washington is much worse of a situation than Indy.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wilson also has beast mode and the legion of boom. How did there head to head match turnout this year?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

You guys are so hurt. So what if Luck doesn't throw INTs? He doesn't keep drives alive unless his fantastic running game is keeping them on schedule because he is one of the worst at converting 3rd and medium-long. That kills more drives than INTS.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I'm now confused you said fantastic running game.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm now confused you said fantastic running game.
Indy has the same YPC as Seattle. I don't think you guys understand football.

Quote:

Old 11-11-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Colts defense that isn't supporting Andrew Luck at all because he's the entire team is within 10 points of the greatness that is the Seahawks defense. You think Robert Griffin wishes his defense hadn't given up the most in the league?

Quote: