Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-03-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
The secondary also blew ass at points
The way this game went is picture perfect of how Chip Kelly wants his offense to work.

You play so quick, the defense doesn't get fully set and the secondary is left on its heels, often leading to gaping holes in the back end.

DJ Hayden got picked apart, but he shouldn't have been on an island against Riley Cooper.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayden got abused. If only we had some sort of pass rush. As good as Houston is he should not be leading us in sacks.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 11-04-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We still have holes to fill on defense but they have been much improved overall. Like the post above said Houston is a good player shouldn't be our main pass rusher and I think Moore may eventually develop into that role. WR, DE, OG and DB should be the top needs heading into the off season

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
We still have holes to fill on defense but they have been much improved overall. Like the post above said Houston is a good player shouldn't be our main pass rusher and I think Moore may eventually develop into that role. WR, DE, OG and DB should be the top needs heading into the off season
Don't forget QB.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like any QB in this draft other than Bridgewater (and I don't even like him that much). I think Hundley is overrated and Mariotta seems like an interesting prospect but I don't think he is our best fit.

I want us to draft Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans and then just go BPA. This team needs talent and depth all over the place like right now.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watkins is really growing on me, great burst and speed and I like his hands. He can create separation and take the top off a d which the current receivers don't seem able to do.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are the 6'5" 230 4.3 receivers?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Where are the 6'5" 230 4.3 receivers?
On the Detroit Lions.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Personally I prefer Mike Evans

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-10-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Pryor sucks.

That is all.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-10-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Veldheer due back? Not soon enough.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Terrelle Pryor has made it onto my list of "QBs not good enough to pass on a 1st round QB."

He can pull himself off that list, but I won't hold my breath.

He is getting worse as the season wears on. It certainly doesn't help to have all the injuries on offense, especially the line, but he's just not doing so hot.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think he'd be a good enough passer to cut it coming into the year and he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise. He'd be a good backup because of his ability to run around and make plays, but he just can't pass.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The more tape teams have to watch on him the less effective he becomes

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The knee injury and lack of reliable weapons hurts Pryor but I am too starting lean toward if a QB we like is there in the 1st we should draft him. You guys may disagree with me but I think Manziel will have a good NFL career...

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The knee injury and lack of reliable weapons hurts Pryor but I am too starting lean toward if a QB we like is there in the 1st we should draft him. You guys may disagree with me but I think Manziel will have a good NFL career...
Bridgewater or Mariota only for me.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Teddy or Mariota.

Manziel is gonna be a huge bust imo.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Or possibly Mettenberger in the second round, haven't seen much of him but he made some great throws in the first half vs Alabama. Though the way teams have been reaching on QBs in recent years I think he may go higher than he probably should.

Winston is a prospect I wouldn't mind giving up future picks for next year.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I liked what I've seen from Mettenberger too, I just hope no matter what we do we have to are a legit WR this off season. You don't usually find too notch WRs outside of the first 2 rounds and with all the money we have free I could see us make a run at Maclin

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-12-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

I agree. Watkins would be fun going deep for classic Raiders football. A pass catching octopus like Evans might be of more use to an inexperienced QB. I wonder how FAs will view Oakland as a destination this year. Hopefully it will be more attractive to some of the better, proven FAs.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
I agree. Watkins would be fun going deep for classic Raiders football. A pass catching octopus like Evans might be of more use to an inexperienced QB. I wonder how FAs will view Oakland as a destination this year. Hopefully it will be more attractive to some of the better, proven FAs.
Raiders are going to have a lot of FAs of their own to sign. Pretty much the entirety of their d-line including Lamarr Houston is set to be UFAs. Also Jared Veldheer needs to be addressed too.

They will still have plenty of money to spend in FA after they retain their own guys, but they still need to make their own young players first priority, especially Houston and Veldheer.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

It feels like it's been a while since we had a big FA signing, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

The FAs signed by the Raiders last year were generally guys coming off injury and rotational players who would have an opportunity to start in Oakland. I think most have worked out well. I don't think there will be any big name signings, but they can look at a higher price bracket of free agents if they wish.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

It's McGloin time!

Pryor out with a knee injury

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Things are about to get ugly...

Oldie but a goodie.