Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-10-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
You guys literally have no clue here. Bill Cowher? Lovie Smith?

That's so damn foolish, I don't know if that's bait for a dumb argument or actually serious.

We're going to have to go to the Arena League 2 to hunt down a coach it's so toxic. And by toxic..... since you boneheads didn't get it the first time..... it's about the owners. How they dealt with Dungy, Gruden, McKay, the botched Parcells thing, Raheem, now this. No one in their right mind, no matter how much "talent" may or may not be on the roster, is going to come here. No one of respect, anyway.

All the Glazers need now to complete the circle, is for one of them to waltz out into the media room with a fricken overhead projector to make points.
Most observers around the league agreed with the Bucs decision to part ways with Dungy. The goal is to win SBs, not just make the playoffs. It was a pitch-perfect decision that netted them Gruden and the franchise's only Lombardi.

Raheem Morris was hanging out with players and totally screwed up the chain of authority in the lockerroom; you can't fraternize with the troops if you expect to lead them into battle.

I don't know a thing about Parcells or McKay, but you aren't looking at this situation objectively if you don't believe the Bucs job would be coveted by several A-list former HCs and top up and coming coordinators.

As long as the Glazers are still willing to sign checks and hire the personnel people needed to scout the college ranks, a better coach than Schiano is going to replace him once he's shown the door.

What potential HCs hate is an ownership that meddles in personnel decisions, like Dan Snyder used to do.

Tampa Bay is a way better coaching opportunity than Minny/J'ville.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So barring a substantial turnaround, we are going to have a top 5. I know I may be ridiculed but even if its a number 1 overall pick I think we need to go with JD Clowney over Bridgewater.
I know he has issues with motor and maturity but with the chance to get a difference maker on the DL to a group of solid but not spectacular pass rushers may push our defense back to championship level. With a really high 2nd rd I think we can still get a quality QB with that pick.

Now I know there is going to be some other variables to this equation if we bring in a new gm and coaching staff but a bright spot to a pretty dark and gloomy season.

Any thoughts?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody knows the Buccaneers have Darrell Revis, but what about the rookie CB Johnthan Banks? I haven't heard much about him. Every young player needs to improve and progress if they are going to get to any kind of respectability in 2014.

The question is if they are going to stick with Mike Glennon or draft somebody to be the starting quarterback? If they draft a QB, do they take Teddy Bridgewater (if they pick #1), or do they pick Jadeveon Clowney and a QB in Round 2?
MidwestJimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Everybody knows the Buccaneers have Darrell Revis, but what about the rookie CB Johnthan Banks? I haven't heard much about him. Every young player needs to improve and progress if they are going to get to any kind of respectability in 2014.

The question is if they are going to stick with Mike Glennon or draft somebody to be the starting quarterback? If they draft a QB, do they take Teddy Bridgewater (if they pick #1), or do they pick Jadeveon Clowney and a QB in Round 2?
I know that QB is a sexy/cool pick but we need a difference maker on the D Line, I am not knocking Gerald McCoy he is a good DT, however are we calling him the second coming of Warren Sapp, no. Is he a pro bowl player, sure. Imagine this same defense with a difference maker up front, scary.

As far as Johnathon Banks I believe he is going through the normal rookie struggles of a CB but he may be also ailed by the zone coverage that Tampa runs from time to time, when going into the draft most experts knew he would struggle in zone. He is a big bump and run corner, who will get beat going against a #1 WRs.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs need to get another impact player on the Dline. Also we need a nickle CB and a Slot WR.

About picking a QB. Mike Glennon looks like a good QB. The kid is doing this right now without Martin, Mike Williams, No TE and No Slot WR.

Underwood was on the street and is now starting. Wright was a undrafted WR and is now playing TE. Nicks has been hurt all year. As of right now it's Vjax and not much else.

Glennon looks like he can play. Unless we think some of the other QB's are head and above better than him. I'd turn this team over to Glennon and build around him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
The Bucs need to get another impact player on the Dline. Also we need a nickle CB and a Slot WR.

About picking a QB. Mike Glennon looks like a good QB. The kid is doing this right now without Martin, Mike Williams, No TE and No Slot WR.

Underwood was on the street and is now starting. Wright was a undrafted WR and is now playing TE. Nicks has been hurt all year. As of right now it's Vjax and not much else.

Glennon looks like he can play. Unless we think some of the other QB's are head and above better than him. I'd turn this team over to Glennon and build around him.
Easy there. Glennon looks good but is he a franchise qb material? Also I'd trade Vincent Jackson. That was putrid and Winslow like. Rip the C off his jersey.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Easy there. Glennon looks good but is he a franchise qb material? Also I'd trade Vincent Jackson. That was putrid and Winslow like. Rip the C off his jersey.
What was Winslow like?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Easy there. Glennon looks good but is he a franchise qb material?
About Glennon, he's on pace for 16 Td's to 7 Ints 2,300 yards at right around 60%. And a QB rating of 81.8. I'm not saying he's turning the world on fire. But like I said before he's doing this with not much on offense to help him.

Also people said he couldn't move which is just not true the guy can move well for his size. He's not Luck or anything like that, but he has enough legs to get first downs and keep plays alive.

Player you could compare him to Joe Flacco. Had 14 Td's to 12 Int's, 60% and 2,900 yards and a rating of 80.3.

Eli Manning had a much worse starting 9 games than Glennon.

Matthew Stafford 13 Td's to 20 Int's at 53% and 2,200 yards. Rating 61.0

And again look at our offense. It's Vjax and not much else. The numbers tell me to build around this guy. Not look for his replacement.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Yes please elaborate, I missed what happened.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
About Glennon, he's on pace for 16 Td's to 7 Ints 2,300 yards at right around 60%. And a QB rating of 81.8. I'm not saying he's turning the world on fire. But like I said before he's doing this with not much on offense to help him.

Also people said he couldn't move which is just not true the guy can move well for his size. He's not Luck or anything like that, but he has enough legs to get first downs and keep plays alive.

Player you could compare him to Joe Flacco. Had 14 Td's to 12 Int's, 60% and 2,900 yards and a rating of 80.3.

Eli Manning had a much worse starting 9 games than Glennon.

Matthew Stafford 13 Td's to 20 Int's at 53% and 2,200 yards. Rating 61.0

And again look at our offense. It's Vjax and not much else. The numbers tell me to build around this guy. Not look for his replacement.
He's also on pace for like 500 pass attempts and averages a whopping 5 yards a pass. You are right though he does not have much to work with, Jackson seems like he has mailed it in and our RB situation looks screwed now that James is out. Think Glennon can be a decent QB given the time but I wouldn't pass on a potential stud QB because of Glennon. Have dealt with mediacore to sorry QB's to long to pass on a franchise QB and I am tired of it.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside opinion:

I think you can win a lot of games with Glennon. Put the right pieces around him, there's no limit.

I agree with Clowney over any of those QBs, without question.

Not sure on the coaches. But for sure TB is more desirable than Minny or Jacksonville.
Coaches are tricky.... before the 2007 season Super Bowl where the Giants went on the magical carpet ride and beat you guys, Dallas, us, and the Patriots to win the Super Bowl, MANY of the biggest Giants fans wanted Coughlin out.

Tomlin in Pittsburgh now having problems..... coaches make a huge difference, but the bottom line is the players, the talent.
I think you guys have enough talent to be a playoff team without a doubt.

Getting rid of Freeman, IMO, was 100% a good decision. That guy's the Jonathan Martin of QBs.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Outside opinion:

I think you can win a lot of games with Glennon. Put the right pieces around him, there's no limit.

Not sure on the coaches. But for sure TB is more desirable than Minny or Jacksonville.
Coaches are tricky.... before the 2007 season Super Bowl where the Giants went on the magical carpet ride and beat you guys, Dallas, us, and the Patriots to win the Super Bowl, MANY of the biggest Giants fans wanted Coughlin out.
Can't compare Coughlin to Shciano really, Coughlin has a resume. Schiano never even won the big east, it was wishful thinking to expect him to do so in the NFL.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Outside opinion:

Tomlin in Pittsburgh now having problems..... coaches make a huge difference, but the bottom line is the players, the talent.
I think you guys have enough talent to be a playoff team without a doubt.

Getting rid of Freeman, IMO, was 100% a good decision. That guy's the Jonathan Martin of QBs.
With Glennon, we doesn't stretch the field. A lot of check downs. I understand it could be a product of what's around him, but a lot fo the reports on him is he checks down too often. His deep ball accuracy needs work and sometimes when he chucks it down field deep, there is no chance in double coverage.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

If were at 1 or 2. I would trade down to a team like the Browns that could offer me the bank. And try and take a deal that the Rams got two years ago.

If the Browns offered us something like Both 1st rounders ( theirs and colts ), 2nd rounder and Jabaal Sheard. Could you pass that up?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
If were at 1 or 2. I would trade down to a team like the Browns that could offer me the bank. And try and take a deal that the Rams got two years ago.

If the Browns offered us something like Both 1st rounders ( theirs and colts ), 2nd rounder and Jabaal Sheard. Could you pass that up?
Although that sounds tantalizing, do we really need to pass up on an elite talent at that 1 or 2 spot. The only reason trading down worries me because I remember we were one spot away from Calvin Johnson, instead we got Gaines Addams (R.I.P.) who we all seen how that worked out for us. We were one pick away from Suh, instead we got Gerald McCoy, who is not a bum but he doesn't seem to have that Warren Sapp type impact. I know the trade down would help us bring more players in but more isn't always necessarily better and I think the team needs some quality.
Plus I am not knocking the Rams for pulling the trigger on a deal like that because they needed talent all across the board but I wonder would they be a playoff contender if they had RG3 right now.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Although that sounds tantalizing, do we really need to pass up on an elite talent at that 1 or 2 spot. The only reason trading down worries me because I remember we were one spot away from Calvin Johnson, instead we got Gaines Addams (R.I.P.) who we all seen how that worked out for us. We were one pick away from Suh, instead we got Gerald McCoy, who is not a bum but he doesn't seem to have that Warren Sapp type impact. I know the trade down would help us bring more players in but more isn't always necessarily better and I think the team needs some quality.
Plus I am not knocking the Rams for pulling the trigger on a deal like that because they needed talent all across the board but I wonder would they be a playoff contender if they had RG3 right now.
Yeah, I would hate to have the #1 pick and not take Teddy Bridgewater. He just has IT and will be a top 10 QB. People are just trying to find holes in his game and it's very difficult to do. He just doesn't have bad games. Excellent decision maker, poise, calm. Good arm strength, ball placement, accuracy, and pocket awareness. Best of all, he elevates the play of players around him. Without Teddy, Louisville is not a top 25 team
Old 11-17-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

I don't really think Teddy has "It" whatever "IT" is.

Last edited by DoodleDraftDude : 11-17-2013 at 12:52 AM.
DoodleDraftDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I don't see how you can be upset about McCoy, he is a top 3 DT without useful defensive ends. Sapp is the best ever, not even Suh has a "Warren Sapp type impact".
Old 11-17-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I would hate to have the #1 pick and not take Teddy Bridgewater. He just has IT and will be a top 10 QB. People are just trying to find holes in his game and it's very difficult to do. He just doesn't have bad games. Excellent decision maker, poise, calm. Good arm strength, ball placement, accuracy, and pocket awareness. Best of all, he elevates the play of players around him. Without Teddy, Louisville is not a top 25 team

As far as Bridgewater goes, without really watching him last year (except for the bowl game v. Florida) I thought he was pretty good, and the pundits generally agreed. While they have kinda maintained that narrative, and since I've got to observe him a bit, I've changed my mind.

Teddy Bridgewater will be a bust.

Quote it. It's no offense really. You say he has "it". I say he only has "it" against teams that really suck. Don't get me wrong. Teddy is a very good college QB. The thing he doesn't have, and I don't think he'll ever learn, is the speed of the NFL game. You can see it in him against certain defenses.

In this coming draft, we better take Clowney, Lewan, Barr or Matthews with our first pick. I really do hope Shad Khan makes the mistake and removes Bridgewater from our draft immediately so we won't miss our pick.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys I think it's time to start talking about how Glennon looks good. The guy had a hell of a game.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
As far as Bridgewater goes, without really watching him last year (except for the bowl game v. Florida) I thought he was pretty good, and the pundits generally agreed. While they have kinda maintained that narrative, and since I've got to observe him a bit, I've changed my mind.

Teddy Bridgewater will be a bust.

Quote it. It's no offense really. You say he has "it". I say he only has "it" against teams that really suck. Don't get me wrong. Teddy is a very good college QB. The thing he doesn't have, and I don't think he'll ever learn, is the speed of the NFL game. You can see it in him against certain defenses.

In this coming draft, we better take Clowney, Lewan, Barr or Matthews with our first pick. I really do hope Shad Khan makes the mistake and removes Bridgewater from our draft immediately so we won't miss our pick.
You say Teddy Bridgewater doesn't have "it" and will bust. But you say we should take Clowney? Dude has no stamina and I would lose sleep if I were a GM taking him in the the top 5.

Lewan? No. I'd be ware. Barr and Matthews to me are going to be studs. I really hope we win a few more games. Keep schiano, draft Sammy Lee Watkins. That trio would be awesome.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys I think it's time to start talking about how Glennon looks good. The guy had a hell of a game.

You can see the improvement almost every single game.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I really didn't want to like Glennon. I hated the pick when we made it. The stuff on him was all bad. Too many picks, can't place the ball, can't move. Only thing people said about him was " He's big with a strong arm " to me that's the death kiss for QB's.

But when Tampa talked about him they said things like his WR's at school dropped more balls than they had ever seen.

Watching him week to week has been fun. He takes what the D gives him. He puts balls on the money. I don't think anyone knew how well he throws on the move. And he can move.

Most important move is to get him a Vet QB to lean on in the off-season. Also to fill out the offense, We need a starting TE and at least 3rd and 4th WR.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the games lately but I am hearing a consensus that Glennon is giving us a chance to win. However me being the greedy ****** that I am I hope we don't win out of a top 3 pick in the next draft.

I finally got a chance to watch some college games online and admittedly I thought that Barr was going to be a one trick pony beforehand, using his speed rush 90% of the time but after watching some of his highlights holy ****! Even if he was a one trick pony its a hell of a trick, on a lot of highlights he is in the opponents backfield while the Linemen are still in their stance. Tremendous 1st step and explosion, plus he also has a nice swim move and don't underestimate his power. On obvious passing downs 2 seconds, 2 SECONDS he is in the QB face. Another thing that stands out is his wingspan, which are a pass rushers best friend.

He may at times get fooled on play fakes but hell he usually chases down the whoever has the ball and is similar to a heat seeking missile. He is still raw in coverage but who needs coverage without time to throw the ball and I can see him tipping a lot of passes at the LOS.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
You say Teddy Bridgewater doesn't have "it" and will bust. But you say we should take Clowney? Dude has no stamina and I would lose sleep if I were a GM taking him in the the top 5.

Lewan? No. I'd be ware. Barr and Matthews to me are going to be studs. I really hope we win a few more games. Keep schiano, draft Sammy Lee Watkins. That trio would be awesome.

Clowney will put all that to rest once workouts start. As it seems, he hasn't been healthy since before the SC spring game. A neck injury, a knee, the ribs and now an ankle. Almost like when one thing heals, another thing gets out of whack. Even so, he's not playing bad.

But, you're looking at things in a bubble, like too many draftniks do. Clowney is a superb athlete. Adding his talent to the defensive line of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, would allow him to shine to potential, as well as allow Gerald McCoy, Akeem Spence and Adrian Clayborn more room to shine to theirs. Clowney in Jacksonville? It's a no-win. Nobody's there, and he'd continue to be doubled and you'd see a high bust rate. Not here. Not with this coaching staff, and not on this d-line.

Anthony Barr, as much as I like him, I have doubts he could play LDE here. He's a smaller Demarcus Ware. In other words, he'll be a beast in a 3-4 as a pass rushing OLB, but may struggle horribly strictly as a DE in a 4-3. And I think he's very much green in pass coverage. Athletically able to do it, but, like Freeman's inability to read a defense, Barr cannot yet read an offense in pass coverage. Nobody knows if he will.

As far as the OT's go, we need one..... badly. Donald Penn has played as sloppy as anyone this past year-and-a-half, and he needs to be pushed for his job or shown the door. Jake Matthews should be the top target for us, as he's as polished an OT as any that have come around in the past several years. Lewan is not the finished product that Matthews is, but he has all the tools and his ceiling may be higher, given his ultra-competitiveness and mean streak. I also look at Antonio Richardson and Cameron Erving at the top of round 2 as great picks.

I love Watkins too. Should we win a few more games and put ourselves at the 7-12 pick, I'd be ok with him. Not in the 2-6 pick range though. We have far bigger needs, and there just happens to be far bigger studs at those same positions that we happen to need.