Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With DVD back in the fold, don't be surprised to see Curtis brown waived.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
With DVD back in the fold, don't be surprised to see Curtis brown waived.
Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Shame about Brown, but onwards I guess.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When everyone has a chance, I'd like you all to read this article by Jim Wexell(http://pit.scout.com/2/1343212.html).

I agree with it all except for trading Ben. It touches on great points and I would love if the Steelers went ahead and drafted BPA regardless of the position. Do the Steelers need OL? Yes. But if we do pick inside the Top 5 and Clowney and/or Barr are on the board? I'd take one of them. If we pick outside the top 5 and Watkins is on the board? I take him over Lewan anyday.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't we kind of always draft bpa?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Lately I feel like we've been drafting for need.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barr over everybody ... Switch to 4-3 then clowney

Lewnan never , he is so over rated to me

trade Ben , yes please ... Its time to start over
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney would be amazing as a 34 end.

The stunts with jarvis would be just dreamy.

My top 3 this year are Clowney, Watkins, Matthews....not a fan of Lewan
Old 11-07-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cmon guys you know we're going to end up with just enough wins so we dont get an elite pick.

6-10 here we come, 11th pick, on the clock - go!

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Sanders is having an off game.
Sanders is having an off career. Really wish we'd have taken the pick.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
No. Ben is a top 5 QB in the league. We need Ben if we want to make another run.
I know you wrote this pre-NE, but this vintage is pretty clearly finished. And that's not an over-reaction to one bad loss - we are now something like 4-12 dating back to last season. We have a full season of embarrassing performances spread over a calendar year to call this what it is.

barring a 1974-esque draft in May - which is obviously not happening - this team has an acute lack of talent and zero depth. there is no last great run waiting to happen.

I would estimate we are 2-3 superb drafts away from closing the talent/depth gap. 2-3 seasons of wasting the prime of our most marketable asset. Ben Roethlisberger may be very loyal to the organization, but he's also got to want another bite at the apple. Roethlisberger would instantly catapult teams like Arizona and Minnesota into serious contender status in the NFC. he would make a team like Houston a prohibitive favorite in the AFC. its not a long list of teams, but it only takes two.

it is going to be painful, but in my mind it is well past time to admit where things stand and embrace a true rebuild. dealing Roethlisberger is the most important part of that equation. the last thing we should want is a half-assed re-tooling, perpetual cap troubles, and the mediocrity that follows. that this draft class has multiple QBOTF options is a happy coincidence.

I like Bridgewater and Manziel btw. even 2-14 wouldn't get us the former, but Manziel should be doable if we're drafting in the 6 to 10 range (a likely possibility).
Old 11-09-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Post Raiders Depression Mock Offseason:

Restructure:
WR Antonio Brown - $8 million cap charge could be reduced some
LB LaMarr Woodley - Gotta reduce the monstrous $14 million cap charge
LB Lawrence Timmons - Gotta reduce the $12 million cap charge
A well thought out plan, but I am absolutely opposed to Colbert/Kahn restructuring any contracts of any player on this team right now. that's been a defensible strategy when we were trying to keep the band together. there ain't nothing to keep together at this stage. we need to get cap compliant in a traditional sense. reducing Woodley/Timmons this year just makes it worse in all future seasons, and those deals still have multiple yrs on them.

rebuild or not, it is well past time we get our cap in order.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
I know you wrote this pre-NE, but this vintage is pretty clearly finished. And that's not an over-reaction to one bad loss - we are now something like 4-12 dating back to last season. We have a full season of embarrassing performances spread over a calendar year to call this what it is.

barring a 1974-esque draft in May - which is obviously not happening - this team has an acute lack of talent and zero depth. there is no last great run waiting to happen.

I would estimate we are 2-3 superb drafts away from closing the talent/depth gap. 2-3 seasons of wasting the prime of our most marketable asset. Ben Roethlisberger may be very loyal to the organization, but he's also got to want another bite at the apple. Roethlisberger would instantly catapult teams like Arizona and Minnesota into serious contender status in the NFC. he would make a team like Houston a prohibitive favorite in the AFC. its not a long list of teams, but it only takes two.

it is going to be painful, but in my mind it is well past time to admit where things stand and embrace a true rebuild. dealing Roethlisberger is the most important part of that equation. the last thing we should want is a half-assed re-tooling, perpetual cap troubles, and the mediocrity that follows. that this draft class has multiple QBOTF options is a happy coincidence.

I like Bridgewater and Manziel btw. even 2-14 wouldn't get us the former, but Manziel should be doable if we're drafting in the 6 to 10 range (a likely possibility).
You see, I just don't agree with that. Only needs one draft to make a run. Ben needs weapons, and he does not have those. He also needs to stop being pampered in Haley's scheme. The next OC will know this. Ben's contract is up soon. I say we play it out and build around him. Christian Hackenberg will be coming to the NFL soon and I like him more than any of the QBs this year. If the team is improved by the time Ben's contract comes up, we keep him. Look at the Patriots. They may not have won the big game in over a decade, but they always have continued success because of Tom Brady. Once we get rid of the old players who cost a ton, we can do it. I may be a little optimistic, but I have seen it before. Ben is not going anywhere unless he wants to leave or Haley stays. That's the fact.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
Sanders is having an off career. Really wish we'd have taken the pick.
Same here. I wish they also didn't trade up for Thomas because I'm sure he would have lasted the four picks between he and Landry Jones. Having four picks in the first three rounds this year would have been huge, especially with our lack of success.

With that third pick getting from New England, we could have selected Brandon Williams(who is having a pretty decent rookie year and could have been our NT of the future) or Dion Sims.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

A redo of all the 2013 picks if I were running the team:

1) Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
-Still think it's the best pick though he hasn't made a huge impact yet.

2) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
-I understand why the Steelers chose Bell. I like Bell. But I was pretty upset when they took him over Lacy.

3) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
-Still think this was the right pick and I hope that when he comes back, he gets more PT.

4a) Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
-Love the kid. He's a beast. I liked trading up for him.

4b) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
-Hated the Landry Jones pick. Even more now that he showed nothing in the preseason and Tyler Bray went undrafted.

5) Tavares King WR Georgia
-I liked the Hawthorne pick at the time, but the fact he missed all of the preseason and still isn't on a team strikes me. I loved King. Thought he was a poor man's Wallace.

6a) Andre Ellington RB Clemson
-We needed better at RB and seeing how Ellington is a beast now, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I like Justin Brown. But to pick him in the sixth was mind boggling considering we could have signed him as a UDFA.

6b) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
-Is probably going to have to move to S in the pros, but he's a tough son of a ***** at a position of need. I do like the body of work Vince Williams has done all things considering.

7) Nick Williams DE Samford
-Doesn't really matter. Love his size and potential to be a nice DE in our system.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quick mock draft. I'm all opposed to going OL in the first round unless Matthews is there.

1) Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
-Absolute playmaker. We NEED to build around Ben. We NEED a true number 1. Watkins provides that and more.

2) Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
-Ike is probably gone after the season. If not, we still need to develop a replacement. Gilbert has everything you ask for as far as a CB is concerned and an elite KRer.

3) Sean Hickey OT Syracuse
-I like Hickey. He isn't big, but he's extremely athletic and could be our future LT.

4a) Ryan Carrethers NT Arkansas State
-A small school NT who can be a developmental prospect for our DL.

4b) Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
-He has some character concerns, but I LOVE the way he runs. He and Bell running at defenses will wear a lot of them down.

5) Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State
-The team will need OLB depth next season and I like Lawrence a lot. He can flat out get after the quarterback, though has issues. He could be a nice rotational pass rusher and could potentially develop into more.

6a) Will Clarke DE West Virginia
-I feel like I mock him in every mock, but the kid has great measureables. All he needs work on is technique and to gain weight.

6b) Nickoe Whitley FS Mississippi State
-Could go higher, but he's a depth option who is a huge hitter. He'll be a demon on special teams.

7a) Bene Benwikere CB San Jose State
-He's slow, but he's a great defender on the ball. If he checks out medically, I like him as a nickle corner who can make plays.

7b) Kirby Van Der Kamp P Iowa State
-We've been through 3 punters this season. We really need one.

UDFA:

CJ Brown QB Maryland
Jordan Hall RB Ohio State
Darwin Cook S West Virginia
BJ Stevens OLB Cal U
Dorian Bell LB Duquesne
Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be my plan

Cut or trade (preferably) Ike , Troy , Heath , Levi , Pouncey , Larry Foote

This opens up 26 Mil

Resign Velasco - GO AFTER BRANDON ALBERT maybe like a 8 or so cap hit this year or whatever , give him solid LT money

Thats the key is get Brandon Albert , we released all those players to open up cap space to sign a FRANCHISE Left Tackle ...

Using Walterfootball New Mock draft for position and who's left (right now has us picking at #7)

1st - Louis Nix - NT (It's hard for me to pass up on Sammy Watkins , But Move McClendon to DE a line like Heyward - Nix - McClendon could get the Run Defense back to stout)

2nd - David Yankee - Guard (The Line still needs help , Foster just should be a backup , Alt Picks : Guard Gabe Jackson)

3rd (comp pick) - Jarvis Landry - WR

4th - CJ Fiedorowicz - TE

that's all im going to do now , anything else is too hard right now ... Would have to pick up a Free Agent CB though ... Or could do Kyle Fuller or Darqueze Dennard in round 2 ... I just think a Legit Starting LG is more important
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And people want to trade Ben. Lol

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your thoughts on RaShede Hageman? I know he's not a prototypical 5-technique, but his athleticism is really intriguing to me, especially with the recent success of guys like Wilkerson.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like him but I'm afraid he's just gonna be a work out warrior. My favorites are Tuitt from Notre dame and Will Clarke from West Virginia.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

If he declares I really like kasen Williams , WR , Washington as somebody could target with the mike Wallace comp pick
Old 11-24-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

I'm going to say stay with Kelvin Beachum as the LT ... He's getting better every week , and may very well be good enough to win with

playmakers win games , LTs don't

Also Back half as I say they make the playoffs

1 - Eric Ebron , TE , North Carolina
2 - Darqueze Dennard , CB , MSU
3* - Kasen Williams , WR , Washington
4 - Danny Shelton , NT , Washington
4* - Arie Kouandijo , G , Bama
5 - Marqueston Huff , S , Wyoming
6 - Cody Webster , P , Purdue
7 - Billy Turner , T , North Dakota State
Old 11-24-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jason Worilds has been unblockable. We need to resign him
Old 11-24-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Jason Worilds has been unblockable. We need to resign him
Yeah, he's really stepped it up as of late.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, as of right now, with the win and corresponding losses by other teams, we're the 6th seed in the AFC and in the playoffs. Woohoo!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens need to lose more.