Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt figure Frazier would get fired mid season. He'll get canned at the end of the season. No real point in firing him now unless you think that you have someone in house you want to run with for the future.

Musgrave on the other hand can go at anytime. The sooner the better imo.

Ponder gets the start tomorrow. I know they say he gives us the best chance to win, but I still dont understand why they wont play Freeman unless health is the issue.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I thought Frazier would go end of season but Speilman said he won't be fired and will be HC next year. Frazier is certainly not a good coach but yes Musgrave is worse.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both Alan Williams and Bill Musgrave need to go. The Defense is ranked 30th in the league, and the offense has been lackluster even though they have tons of weapons. If the playbook wouldn't consist of only 4-5 running plays with Peterson, and then check down over the middle, maybe our offense would look a lot better.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does Frazier do well as a coach?
Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
What does Frazier do well as a coach?
well, the players love him, that's something right?

From what I understand, he is a "Player's Coach" I wish he was more of a motivator, since he obviously lacks emotion.

Trust, I'm not a fan of Frazier anymore either, but I see Speilman and Co. giving Frazier another season to try and right the ship (no pun intended).

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Xavier Rhodes seems to be improving each week.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

A nice exciting win. Defense still sucks.

It's really a shame Ponder is out for now. Aside from the first interception, he was playing a great game. I'm also unsure as to why Cassel got the nod after Ponder went out. If there are two guys that the Vikings really need to evaluate it is Ponder and Freeman. Would have been the perfect time to give Freeman a shot...now that he's been on the team for nearly a month. I really think we move forward with both Ponder and Freeman next year. Let those two battle for the starting job. I think if the Vikings end up 2nd or 3rd overall, they will pick Clowney. Which I am OK with.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Frasier is fired after this season, I'd fully expect the new coach to want to go and get a QB in the draft. If they keep Frasier around for another season I could see a possible QB battle between Freeman and Ponder, but I'd still lean towards them going and getting someone in the draft. There is no guarantee Freeman will want to come back in the off season either. That said, losing Allen and replacing him with Clowney would be great.

One last thing... Where was that Kevin Williams all year? Looked like Williams Wall K-Will, had a huge game.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much of Williams' big game is because he and Floyd were on the field at the same time (something Frazier didn't want to do since they play the same spot)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he playing the NT for Guion/Evans? If so, why not do that going forward?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerome Simpson arrested for DWI. Still an idiot.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Jerome Simpson arrested for DWI. Still an idiot.
Saw that. He'll probably be suspended for a while/ released.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Cordarrelle finally gets more playing time.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

It would make sense, so who knows if that'll happen.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Simpson is still playing this weekend.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Ponder starting against Green Bay.........why?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last time the Vikings tied, Fran Tarkenton was the starting QB.

November 26, 1978, the Vikings tied the Packers 10-10.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

AJ Jefferson arrested for possible domestic last night. Vikings cut him today.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I hear one more Vikings fan whine about winning I'm going to flip.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I just hope the Twin Cities scribes have run out of "The Vikings should be losing on purpose right now" columns and hot takes for web hits.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If I hear one more Vikings fan whine about winning I'm going to flip.
I recommend staying far, far away from Football's Future. They are awful there. "Tank for Teddy!" smh...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Mariota's staying and we continue to pointlessly toss Cassel out there. Can we just have one more Freeman suck fest so we can confidently sever all ties to him. I'm starting to really lose some confidence with this franchise. I'm sick of all the conservative coaching hires we make, leading to our perpetually awful back 7 and a vanilla offense with little to no creativity. Peterson deserves better, we as fans deserve better. I could tell two weeks into this season that we had completely regressed to where we were in the 2011 season. We need to completely overhaul our coaching staff, I'm tired of seeing teams with equal or lesser talent than our team get coached to significantly better seasons. As an Islanders fan, I see way too many consistencies between these two teams this year and that is absolutely disheartening.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I think Anthony Barr is the obvious choice now and I'll pray my dick off that he's available when we're selecting.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I really didn't want Mariota anyways. He's not the vocal leader type that the Vikings need. I get the feeling that we will probably end up picking top 10, but not high enough to pick one of the top QB prospects like Bridgewater. I think the Vikings go defense for their first overall pick, or they trade down and stockpile picks in the later rounds/ next year.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand why the state wanted a roof on the stadium, but this is the way football was meant to be played.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I understand why the state wanted a roof on the stadium, but this is the way football was meant to be played.
It would be a huge advantage of us but AD injuried.... please don't let this be 2 season ago all over again...

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote