Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found MOTH's raving review. Think I'll give it ago in the near future.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Did you go into the graveyard?

Spoiler is just for heugness;

You're going the right way now though. Just take it slow. Learn your weapons animations and get a feel for what will stagger enemies. Death is everywhere in Dark Souls. You can be killed if you aren't constantly on guard. The slogan "Prepare to Die" is absolutely accurate. You will die and die a ton at first. It's never out of your control though. If you study each situation and tread carefully, you'll succeed.

...and yeah, situational two handing can really provide a major boost. A lot of early enemies will stagger a bit if you successfully block an attack. Quickly hitting triangle and going to town can really help.

The biggest tip though; don't ever put a single point into resistance. It's a useless stat. Endurance, health, and whatever stat scales with the type of weapon you want to use should be a priority.

Played a bit of Dark Souls 2 yesterday by the way. I'll keep it brief, but be super excited Jvig. They appear to have done it again.
This makes me very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reviews are in for the first wave of next gen games. Thus far, rather mediocre. I think I may hold off on my preorder and get one when theres something worth while out.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of the games are coming out for ps3/360 anyway
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Reviews are in for the first wave of next gen games. Thus far, rather mediocre. I think I may hold off on my preorder and get one when theres something worth while out.
That's what happens when new systems come out. A bunch of ******, hollow games are rushed out with them.

The worst part is that they choose to release the new systems when most of the really good games would normally be released. So we get a year of ****** games because both consoles decided to come out in November.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm waiting on the Dead Rising 3 review, the first 2 games didn't score amazingly well but I loved them. I've got to be the biggest Dead Rising fan on the board though. It's cool that if you beat the game in Nightmare mode you get to actually play as Megaman, that's some crap nowadays they'd usually toss in as DLC.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm waiting on the Dead Rising 3 review, the first 2 games didn't score amazingly well but I loved them. I've got to be the biggest Dead Rising fan on the board though. It's cool that if you beat the game in Nightmare mode you get to actually play as Megaman, that's some crap nowadays they'd usually toss in as DLC.
I liked the first one, never played the second, Ign has hyped the third one as the best of the bunch coming out for xb1, which isn't very telling. I was leaning towards that, and I ******* love me some mega man so that helps.

Quote:
another console release with crappy games, weird. keep pre-ordering though, y'all.
Admittedly, knee jerk reaction to liking the consoles features and future games. Instant gratification ***** when it comes to things like that. I'm letting my rational side sort of come into play as the release gets closer and I realize it will be sitting in my living room not getting a ton of use until March.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
another console release with crappy games, weird. keep pre-ordering though, y'all.
My thoughts exactly

Also picked up Dragon Age: Origins cuz I wanted something fun to play while I inch away at Dark Souls and it is a really fun game. Really enjoying it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Park did a PS4/Xbox One episode tonight, tied in with Game of Thrones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kameo and Condemned weren't bad launch titles. I've never been as disappointed in a game as I was the launch Madden though, they absolutely butchered it.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

According to IGN there are multiple reports of the PS4 already not working, gotta hope we don't get another Red Ring scenario there.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've put 80 hours into Pokemon X and I only have 7 badges. Ugh.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I've put 80 hours into Pokemon X and I only have 7 badges. Ugh.
Jesus, what have you been doing? Are all your pokemon level 100?

Edit: For comparison, I'm at about 12 hours and just got my 7th badge. Granted, it is my 2nd time playing through it though.

Last edited by badgerbacker : 11-14-2013 at 04:27 AM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Jesus, what have you been doing? Are all your pokemon level 100?

Edit: For comparison, I'm at about 12 hours and just got my 7th badge. Granted, it is my 2nd time playing through it though.
He has limited edition voice activation where he has to scream at his pokemon in a dramatic voice what move he wants them to use and when he wants to withdraw/send a new pokemon out.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt realize how good the graphics was on the last of us till I put in GTA5 and Saints row 4.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I should know this but, am I am able to download any game from from xbox live from day one as opposed to buying a physical copy? Really hoping thats the case.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with njx. Considering the limited number of titles and the fact most of them are usually pretty meh/crappy does not inspire me to go get a next-gen console. By the time a really nice assortment of games come up there will probably be a sale/price drop and that's when I intend to hop on it.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm with njx. Considering the limited number of titles and the fact most of them are usually pretty meh/crappy does not inspire me to go get a next-gen console. By the time a really nice assortment of games come up there will probably be a sale/price drop and that's when I intend to hop on it.
Well lucky for you PC guys you don't need a one to play titanfall!

Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think a lot of people like the nostalgia of getting stuff as it comes out. Also if you wait, it's unlikely you will get around to playing a lot of the gems because at that point the library of games will be so massive.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
i dunno, i'm usually so selective on what i buy, that it's easy to go 'back in time' a bit. especially as prices drop, i can buy a great game from last year for like, $40, instead of $60. *shrug*

i feel like i'm missing something on this game. so much hype, but the last trailer i remember, it just looked like another mediocre FPS.

*- it's totally possible the trailer i saw sucked, or that i can't remember what i had for breakfast 12 minutes ago.
Ive yet to hear a single bad thing about it from anywhere. Not even something saying its getting overhyped. Everyone who has played it has pretty much said its going to be the next step in FPS's, alot of journalists saying they havent been this excited for a game since Halo 2.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 11-14-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dunno, i'm usually so selective on what i buy, that it's easy to go 'back in time' a bit. especially as prices drop, i can buy a great game from last year for like, $40, instead of $60. *shrug*

i feel like i'm missing something on this game. so much hype, but the last trailer i remember, it just looked like another mediocre FPS.

*- it's totally possible the trailer i saw sucked, or that i can't remember what i had for breakfast 12 minutes ago.
Same. I am selective as well so it will not really impact me that much.

Also, I'm sort of with you on Titanfall. I think it looks pretty entertaining, but it seems to be garnering some absurd hype. It looks cool, but really how revolutionary is it? It kind of looked like Call of Duty except you would have a mech dropped down to you and then it basically just appeared to turn it to an FPS again with some special abilities.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Says the guy praising BF4.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Infinity Ward/Respawn causes "the next step" to happen in FPS "again", that game needs be burned now and never see the light of day.

I am very elitist about my FPS's.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So long as they don't bring in other companies to produce a game every single year, I'm fine with it. Besides if Destiny is everything Bungie says its going to be, I feel like that may very well end up being the next step. I just question if thats going to happen with how little weve seen from the game coupled with its spring release date and ambitious scope.

Quote: