Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i like how your last graph doesn't say what you think it says (and mis-spells los angeles), your second graph is moronic on it's face (if you have any vague understanding of demographics and statistics), and your first picture is the kind of meme a 6 year old creates when he can't figure out how to use his words.
Correct.... they are on a level, that you are, in fact, able to comprehend. Mission accomplished.

Poverty is no excuse.
But.... Poverty + Crime + Uneducated people + Poor demographics = Detroit.

It is what it is, excuses or not.
BBD is right, and so is Brandon Marshall.

Nobody wants to move to Detroit.
Most Detroit residents want to get the hell out though.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the internship program I was in out of college, various people from different Army organizations were brought in to speak to us about their workplaces. One of them came from the Army's Tank and Automative Command in Warren, Michigan, right outside of Detroit. I must say, he did a fantastic job selling Detroit. He made it sound like a very nice place to go. At that time, I'd never been to Detroit so I thought, maybe it isn't as bad as people say. And then I went there for work a year later. That man deserves a raise. Making Detorit sound not horrific was quite impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
In the internship program I was in out of college, various people from different Army organizations were brought in to speak to us about their workplaces. One of them came from the Army's Tank and Automative Command in Warren, Michigan, right outside of Detroit. I must say, he did a fantastic job selling Detroit. He made it sound like a very nice place to go. At that time, I'd never been to Detroit so I thought, maybe it isn't as bad as people say. And then I went there for work a year later. That man deserves a raise. Making Detroit sound not horrific was quite impressive.
Is his name Jay Carney by chance?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look, it's JMike being racist again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
you've never been to detroit. you don't know anything about detroit. you can't even define what you mean by 'detroit'.
incorrect.
been there twice.
once for a packers @ lions game back in the day at the silverdome, and farve threw you guys 3 *&$#$ interceptions and an upset win for you.

the other time was for my best friend's wedding there in some suburb there.

he hated Detroit and was thrilled when his time there was up, and he was promoted to Buffalo.

I heard a lot, lot about his encounters and observations in Detroit from about 1998-2006.... but you're right, maybe Detroit has really been cleaned up and dramatically improved in these last 7 or so years since he escaped.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I heard a lot, lot about his encounters and observations in Detroit from about 1998-2006.... but you're right, maybe Detroit has really been cleaned up and dramatically improved in these last 7 or so years since he escaped.
You know what City has improved itself a bunch... Cleveland. By no means is it a paradise but it is leaps and bounds better than it was in the mid-90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's funny how the vast majority of people who talk **** about detroit have never actually been there.

detroit is infinitely better than it's usually given credit for being.
I dunno, man. The last time I was up there for Tigers/White Sox, we walked a pretty short distance from the ballpark and there were practically tumbleweeds. It blows my mind that a decent-sized city can have the downtown area be a freaking ghost town with boarded up huge buildings.

...and for some years now, it's been possible to buy a house there for less than what the average nine year-old has in his pocket.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1415014

Last edited by Monomach : 11-16-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The prospect of virtually-free real estate is pretty tempting to me, actually. It'd almost be like postmodern homesteading.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote