Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Asik only got 4 minutes tonight? So who's he getting traded to?
Should only be a matter of time before they swap him for Ryan Anderson.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still haven't been able to watch a full Wolves game this year. **** having a full-time job and an internship.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sports are stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargs balling out of his mind.

#AStormIsComing
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else notice Afflalo playing out of his mind?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nene is trying to get himself traded out of WAshington with the way he called out the "young guys" for only caring about their stats. (wall and beal but mainly wall). Anyone gonna bite for his old injured and over paid ass?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well The Knicks love former Nuggets and fat contracts.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nene for Shump and other junk to match the contracts. lets go!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks sick. I'm getting one.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nene back to Nuggets!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the idea of Asik for Anderson when Houston signed Dwight, but after watching Houston play, I dont care for that trade that much anymore. Anderson is fine, but Houston has guys who can chuck 3s and rebound from the stretch 4 spot with some success. Maybe not to the extent of Anderson, but I don't think the minor upgrade is worth trading a piece like Asik.

What Houston needs imo, is like, Rockets-era Battier back. Asik for Rockets-Battier would be a perfect trade scenario. A great perimeter defender that can hit the 3. Brewer is a fantastic defender, but is a total black hole on offense. Anderson can make shots, but just adds to Houston's already awful defending outside of Howard. Id take Anderson over Casspi, but if the price to pay for that upgrade is Omer Asik, then id rather just keep Casspi, who has shown the ability to make the 3 and take bigger guys off the dribble from the 4 spot. I'd even move Parsons to the 4 before I did that trade.

Still, I wouldnt be mad if that trade happened. The offense sure would be pretty to watch. But gah, that defense.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or you could you just do Nene and crap for Amare lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I loved the idea of Asik for Anderson when Houston signed Dwight, but after watching Houston play, I dont care for that trade that much anymore. Anderson is fine, but Houston has guys who can chuck 3s and rebound from the stretch 4 spot with some success. Maybe not to the extent of Anderson, but I don't think the minor upgrade is worth trading a piece like Asik.

What Houston needs imo, is like, Rockets-era Battier back. Asik for Rockets-Battier would be a perfect trade scenario. A great perimeter defender that can hit the 3. Brewer is a fantastic defender, but is a total black hole on offense. Anderson can make shots, but just adds to Houston's already awful defending outside of Howard. Id take Anderson over Casspi, but if the price to pay for that upgrade is Omer Asik, then id rather just keep Casspi, who has shown the ability to make the 3 and take bigger guys off the dribble from the 4 spot. I'd even move Parsons to the 4 before I did that trade.

Still, I wouldnt be mad if that trade happened. The offense sure would be pretty to watch. But gah, that defense.
What's up with Lin? It seems like every time Harden is out Lin balls out of his mind.

Is it worth trading him at this point? It seems like he and Harden are both ball dominating players and they're just not mixing together.

Would you do Lin for Shump?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time? This is the only time I can recall both Harden being out and Lin going insane on the same night, and he/Harden were great together offensively in the 2nd half of last year. They do something a lot of guards don't do, and set picks for each other on the pick and roll all the time. It's a two headed monster of guards who can get to the basket at will when theyre in there together. I don't think Lin going crazy from 3 the one night that Harden is out is reason enough to assume that they just don't work well together.

If anything, the reason you wouldn't want them on the court at the same time has nothing to do with their fit together on offense. That's why Beverley is starting for Lin, because as nice of an offensive player as Lin is, he's awful on defense, whereas Beverley is a very solid man to man defender and can hit spot up 3's.

And thats another thing Lin has been working on. Most of his 3's last night were of the spotup variety as Howard or Parsons kicked it out to him. He worked on his 3 relentlessly this summer, and if he continues to hit it (51% right now on SEVEN 3's per game), then he'll be even better with Harden than he was last year, at least offensively.

Long story short, I think Lin is a perfect 6th man, especially for a team with Beverley and Harden as the two guards. He can come in for Beverley and assume the spotup shooter role next to Harden, or he can come in for Harden and take over the offense by running the high pick and roll that he's always been so good at. Either way, it should be good. So no to Shumpert, even though I like him, I wouldn't move Lin for him at this point. (plus, that would make Aaron Brooks our backup PG, AHHHHHHH)

Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

That looks sick. I'm getting one.
If by sick you mean *** as ****...then yeah, they are so sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah... Those are awful.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Try Asik, Greg Smith (since McHale hates him it seems) and a future first for Nic Batum.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with Lin is that he is a mediocre PG that is a starter for bottom half teams and is a backup PG for top half teams that was signed to a contract way above his value, who will occasionally have a string of 2-3 nice offensive games but can't defend and turns the ball over a ton.

That, and Patrick Beverley is the ******* truth.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Every time? This is the only time I can recall both Harden being out and Lin going insane on the same night, and he/Harden were great together offensively in the 2nd half of last year. They do something a lot of guards don't do, and set picks for each other on the pick and roll all the time. It's a two headed monster of guards who can get to the basket at will when theyre in there together. I don't think Lin going crazy from 3 the one night that Harden is out is reason enough to assume that they just don't work well together.

If anything, the reason you wouldn't want them on the court at the same time has nothing to do with their fit together on offense. That's why Beverley is starting for Lin, because as nice of an offensive player as Lin is, he's awful on defense, whereas Beverley is a very solid man to man defender and can hit spot up 3's.

And thats another thing Lin has been working on. Most of his 3's last night were of the spotup variety as Howard or Parsons kicked it out to him. He worked on his 3 relentlessly this summer, and if he continues to hit it (51% right now on SEVEN 3's per game), then he'll be even better with Harden than he was last year, at least offensively.

Long story short, I think Lin is a perfect 6th man, especially for a team with Beverley and Harden as the two guards. He can come in for Beverley and assume the spotup shooter role next to Harden, or he can come in for Harden and take over the offense by running the high pick and roll that he's always been so good at. Either way, it should be good. So no to Shumpert, even though I like him, I wouldn't move Lin for him at this point. (plus, that would make Aaron Brooks our backup PG, AHHHHHHH)
You know what's weird with Lin? He's an awful defender but I feel like he has the foot speed to be a decent one. I don't get why he doesn't improve there. Is it an athleticism issue or technique issue?

I think higher of Lin than most ppl so I'm really hoping he thrives in Houston. 6th man is probably his best fit like you said bc he's instant offense when he's allowed to be the focal point of the offense.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Only reason Smith doesn't get playing time is because it would be insane to play him over Howard or Asik at Center, and the dude doesnt have the skillset to play PF. If we move Asik, trading Smith with him would murder any depth we might have had. Batum isnt a bad idea though, even if Id prefer a better shooter.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
What's up with Lin is that he is a mediocre PG that is a starter for bottom half teams and is a backup PG for top half teams that was signed to a contract way above his value, who will occasionally have a string of 2-3 nice offensive games but can't defend and turns the ball over a ton.

20 mil over 3 years is fine for Lin. The 1 year of high salary makes everyone freak out for no reason, since it wont impact anything now that Dwight is there and our cap is gone. Lin could be paid 500k or 15m, we'd still only have the exceptions to work with and Lin's new contract to iron out.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I love em! If the ones that go on sale have the perforations like that Shumpert pic, I'm getting one! I don't get why people make such a big deal about sleeve jerseys. They're nice.

And I think they're a lot nicer to wear casually as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Lin is decent, but overrated. It's not a bad contract if the Rockets can afford it and it doesn't affect any other signings (which it doesn't look like it will), but in a vacuum I don't think he's worth that contract or at least not as of now.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-14-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

He's not a $15M player, but I have no problem with the contract seeing as how Houston gets him for $3M in the two seasons before the jump, and like you said, it's not making a difference to other signings. I do think he's a pretty good player though. Bad defense (and bbd, i think its a combo of both athleticism and technique), but lethal on the pick and roll and is becoming a very nice spotup shooter. Id absolutely take him over the likes of Jamal Crawford (3/$18M), JR Smith (3/$18M), old Manu (2/$14M), Lou Williams (2/$11M), or any other offensive minded bench Guard I can think of right now.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Agreed. It isn't a bad signing at all for Houston, in fact, it's a pretty good signing given the terms and first 2 years. But ya, I would probably take him over those guys as well for the price.

I would much rather have him Kirk Hinrich, but at least Kirk is on the cheap and sometimes gets defensive calls/leniency because the league still thinks he's a good defender.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver