Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-26-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'd still absolutely take him. Coke is cool. I like cool people. Kyle Long and Patrick Kane do/did a lot of coke and those guys are awesome. I'd take Colt and hope he learns to express his coolness in other ways.

Patrick Kane is a massive doucher.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'd still absolutely take him. Coke is cool. I like cool people. Kyle Long and Patrick Kane do/did a lot of coke and those guys are awesome. I'd take Colt and hope he learns to express his coolness in other ways.
Coke is cool. Crack is wack! Yeah I'd take Lyerla too. As a late round pick, the reward is higher than the risk at that point, at least on his rookie contract.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
Cocaine is still widely used. It gets out of your system so quickly that catching anyone with a drug test is highly unlikely. There was a guy on another forum who claimed he worked at a big Las Vegas club and saw Josh Freeman partying and coked out all the time.
had a friend who worked at an upscale place downtown nola, Ricky Williams did coke on the regular, it wasn't just the weed. Its pretty common. Although I think there is a new metabolite they found to test for in cocaine users that stays around longer than the standard 3 days, maybe this is why the rise of people busted for stuff like adderall, I don't know how many companies test for this metabolite and how accurate it is.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today he decided to forgo his option to enter rehab in exchange for a possible dropped charge, and will he instead be tried in court. Given that the cop witnessed and photographed Lyerla snorting coke right in front of him, this move makes absolutely no sense.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is remarkably stupid. That type of offer is basically a one-time "boys will be boys" offering, and he said "no thanks, I'd rather have a criminal record."
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:30 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is going with the Shaggy defense. Never admit it was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That is remarkably stupid. That type of offer is basically a one-time "boys will be boys" offering, and he said "no thanks, I'd rather have a criminal record."
well if the "rehab" offer (i don't know the details) is anything like drug court, and he really does have a drug problem, then he is better off serving time. Too many people who do drug court wind up slipping up, they have to piss like 3 to 4 times a week randomly (and have to pay for those tests) and never know what they will be tested for (there are so many things to test for they can't test for everything every single time), and have to attend tons of meetings, making it really hard to have a job (meetings plus random drug tests). These people wind up failing and serving time, even when getting leeway on failed drug tests, I think first one is like so many hours of community service or something, 2nd one is 48 hours in prison, 3rd one is a week. I don't know how many it takes until they just put you in for a long time (like 2 years I think) and you have a criminal record after months and months of trying, addiction is a disease. Oh yeah, and if you drink a lot of water and if they think its diluted its considered a failed drug test, but I think you have to drink a crap ton of water.

Also, if you are on a prescription for pain killers (like many football players), can't take them. If you are on a prescription for stuff like adderrall or ritalin (like many football players it also seems), can't take them. Same goes with stuff like zanax, klonopin, any scheduled drug, even if you are prescribed, you can't take them.

ah, I see it is drug court he was offered

"A decision regarding former Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla's entrance into Lane County Drug Court "

"A second court staff member said it is very rare for a person who initially refuses treatment to later be readmitted to drug court. "
Its not a once in a lifetime "boys will be boys" offer, its and offer many people who get busted for drugs get, and wind up serving time anyway. They should just offer users real rehab, not drug court, the success rate is so low.

so I am guessing he has a habit, it may not be just coke, that could just be something he does recreationally every now and then, he could be addicted to something else. Opioid withdrawal is painful, but benzo withdrawal can be fatal, seizures etc. Most people who do coke are poly drug abusers, so who knows. There are football players that get away with it in the league, he just got caught. They don't allow you to slowly detox on drug court, maybe thats what he is trying to do, well it will have to be a somewhat of a fast detox.

drug court should not be confused with drug treatment.
Its old school way of thinking "if the addict is threatened with prison time, he will quit using" and free him back to his regular life in the same setting that led you to using in the first place, often surrounded by the same people, although he can move, who knows how many of his teammates are users though and how hard it will be to shake friends who use.

so knowing what i know about drug court and his decision, it makes sense to me.

Last edited by batsandgats : 11-14-2013 at 08:23 PM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
well if the "rehab" offer (i don't know the details) is anything like drug court, and he really does have a drug problem, then he is better off serving time. Too many people who do drug court wind up slipping up, they have to piss like 3 to 4 times a week randomly (and have to pay for those tests) and never know what they will be tested for (there are so many things to test for they can't test for everything every single time), and have to attend tons of meetings, making it really hard to have a job (meetings plus random drug tests). These people wind up failing and serving time, even when getting leeway on failed drug tests, I think first one is like so many hours of community service or something, 2nd one is 48 hours in prison, 3rd one is a week. I don't know how many it takes until they just put you in for a long time (like 2 years I think) and you have a criminal record after months and months of trying, addiction is a disease. Oh yeah, and if you drink a lot of water and if they think its diluted its considered a failed drug test, but I think you have to drink a crap ton of water.

Also, if you are on a prescription for pain killers (like many football players), can't take them. If you are on a prescription for stuff like adderrall or ritalin (like many football players it also seems), can't take them. Same goes with stuff like zanax, klonopin, any scheduled drug, even if you are prescribed, you can't take them.

ah, I see it is drug court he was offered

"A decision regarding former Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla's entrance into Lane County Drug Court "

"A second court staff member said it is very rare for a person who initially refuses treatment to later be readmitted to drug court. "
Its not a once in a lifetime "boys will be boys" offer, its and offer many people who get busted for drugs get, and wind up serving time anyway. They should just offer users real rehab, not drug court, the success rate is so low.

so I am guessing he has a habit, it may not be just coke, that could just be something he does recreationally every now and then, he could be addicted to something else. Opioid withdrawal is painful, but benzo withdrawal can be fatal, seizures etc. Most people who do coke are poly drug abusers, so who knows. There are football players that get away with it in the league, he just got caught. They don't allow you to slowly detox on drug court, maybe thats what he is trying to do, well it will have to be a somewhat of a fast detox.

drug court should not be confused with drug treatment.
Its old school way of thinking "if the addict is threatened with prison time, he will quit using" and free him back to his regular life in the same setting that led you to using in the first place, often surrounded by the same people, although he can move, who knows how many of his teammates are users though and how hard it will be to shake friends who use.

so knowing what i know about drug court and his decision, it makes sense to me.
He's almost guaranteed jail time, and presumably more of it, this way. How does choosing to forgo a chance at rehab simply on the basis that it might not work and he still might go to jail anyways, a move that "makes sense"? In addition, the way you explained drug court, it sounds exactly like drug treatment. Given the fact that his lawyer seemed to try so hard to get Lyerla into the drug court program, I have a very hard time believing that jail time is the better option, and that this isn't simply Lyerla not caring about getting better.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should stop talking about this guy being that he doesn't play football anymore for the Ducks and most likely will never play football in the NFL.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote