Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 AM    (permalink
RLundgaard
Rookie

RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.

I would love to see Reed in a Patriots uniform...
RLundgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Adrian Wilson has been on IR.
Tavon Wilson.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When Reed was cut I pondered whether he would be a good addition for the Patriots, even since it'd be at a discount, but I think Belichick is more than satisfied with McCourty at FS and wants to see what Harmon looks like at SS. Also as someone mentioned earlier Ebner's been looking good lately. Gregory was able to come up and make tackles on plays below him, I don't think Reed would be effective doing that.
Maybe not but he sure as **** wouldn't be giving up deep balls to his side like gregory does on the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Maybe not but he sure as **** wouldn't be giving up deep balls to his side like gregory does on the norm.
This, I don't care if it's Harmon or Reed or whomever else, but the stories talking about how Gregory is a loss are killing me this week. He's the worst starter we have, and it's truly shocking to witness the impressive amount of plays he ***** up. I'm so glad we might get a brief respite. As long as it's not Tavon in a deep cover 2, I don't see how his absence is a bad thing.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go get Ed Reed now!
Belichick has always loved Reed. It'll be interesting to see if they go after him. I'm not sure how much he helps the team, but I don't think he'll hurt. If he still wants to play this year, New England is as good a spot as anywhere for him.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought for sure New England would offer him because of the friendship and amount of respect that Belichick and Reed have for each other, and was surprised when the Patriots showed little to no interest in him during the off season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him join because it would be much cheaper than it would have over the summer, but at the same time I feel like Belichick's thinking has changed much. Maybe if McCourty went down, but he hasn't.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should be a rule against having a Monday night game off of a bye week. This is going to be torture waiting this long. The Panthers are usually the team I prefer to watch on Sundays if the Pats have a primetime game anyways.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From NFL.com

"The Patriots have dropped the highest percentage of catchable balls in the NFL, at 12.2 percent. Their total of 27 dropped passes this season is second-most in the league). Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins have seven drops apiece, which is tied for the NFL lead with five others. Julian Edelman has six drops (tied for eighth in the league)."

Its not just us being homers lol

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, obviously not. Most of us are strictly objective, I've noticed.

And I really expect the drop rate to plummet. The team looked to have a familiar rhythm against Pittsburgh that hasn't been there all season. Gronk getting back into the fold and Dobson gaining confidence seem to be big factors. The coaching staff did a great job in not giving up on Dobson after a rough start.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Honestly, Idk what to expect from the offense going forward, but I doubt if we see what we saw last week again. It will be nice to get Vereen back however. Be a nice change up from Ridley when BB eventually puts him in the dog house for an inevitable fumble.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 03:48 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think when Vereen comes back it will make a huge difference. IMO the difference between what Vereen can do compared to Bolden (who has been the passing back) is comparable to the difference between Gronk and Hooman at TE.

Bolden is very solid and won't make too many mistakes but at no point does he become a concern for the defense.

If Vereen, Gronk and Amendola are healthy there is 3 difference makers that have to be accounted for. And Vereen has shown that not many LBs can cover him out of the backfiled or when split out wide. I think when the offense gets healthy it will be tough to stop

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Ryan Shazier says he can run a 4.35, my prospect crush would reach Kevin Zeitler levels if that happened.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...n_shazier.html
Old 11-15-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Honestly, Idk what to expect from the offense going forward, but I doubt if we see what we saw last week again. It will be nice to get Vereen back however. Be a nice change up from Ridley when BB eventually puts him in the dog house for an inevitable fumble.
I honestly think we're done seeing the offense struggle to move the ball anymore. What they did to Pittsburgh...that was Pittsburgh. They racked up 50, but there were obvious areas for improvement and I think that's a good thing.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The injuries on this defense are just frustrating...
Old 11-18-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Ryan Shazier says he can run a 4.35, my prospect crush would reach Kevin Zeitler levels if that happened.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...n_shazier.html
I love Shazier but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy Belichick would go for, although people said that about Mayo a few years back too.

I would be interested in seeing the Pats draft him if Spikes goes but it would cause a reshuffling of the LB corp. Hightower to stay at strongside, Mayo to move back to MIKE and Shazier to play WILL. That would be a nasty LB corp with all 3 guys playing what would be their best spot.

While I would love Shazier in NE I still think they need to look offense or DT in the first round.

Although I do suppose it will all come down to value. A few thoughts:

If someone like Louis Nix somehow fell to the 20s I would be banging for the Pats to move up for him.

Hageman would be a nice fit at 3 technique.

HaHa Clinton-Dix next to McCourty would be pure sex.

Another top cover guy like Bradley Roby would be a nice option.

If Marqise Lee or Mike Evans were available it would be tough to say no.

Jace Amaro or Eric Ebron would allow us to go back to the 2 TE approach.

Stephon Tuitt would be a great strongside end who can move inside. Fits the BB requirements for4 the position too.

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-18-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game day!! I am very curious to see this one play out. BB with an extra week to prepare for a very good Panthers team has me hopeful we can pull off the upset. It's damn near impossible to beat the Patriots when they are underdogs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Game day!! I am very curious to see this one play out. BB with an extra week to prepare for a very good Panthers team has me hopeful we can pull off the upset. It's damn near impossible to beat the Patriots when they are underdogs.
I think the big thing tonight will be the ability of the defense to keep contain on Newton. I feel we can probably handle their "conventional" run game and Talib will hopefully be in Smith's hip pocket all evening. However if Cam gets motoring it opens up so much for them.

As for the Pats passing game I am intrigued to see how they match up with Gronk. If Keuchly or Davis cover him it could open up things for Amendola and hopefully Vereen. If it's their safeties Gronk should eat all day. I also have a feeling Dobson could have another nice day because I don't think their secondary is that strong. Although, if we can't keep Hardy, Johnson, Star and Shortt out of the backfield it won't make a difference

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming into this game I was sure I wanted the Patriots to address the D-line in the first round of the draft. After the first half I'm convinced it's the interior O-line that needs addressing. Connolly, Wendell, and Mankins are playing poorly.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Were making waaaaaaay too many mental mistakes right now. Its killing us. Bb better get us going in the second half

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-18-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

**** the refs. Seriously. I hate when it feels like the Pats have to outplay the other team AND the refs in a game. It's been happening way too frequently of late.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
**** the refs. Seriously. I hate when it feels like the Pats have to outplay the other team AND the refs in a game. It's been happening way too frequently of late.
If it's any consolation, the Patriots are still a lock to win the division.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Even if the refs made the call and it's a five yard penalty for holding or another attempt at the endzone, it's no guarantee that the Pats score. I wouldn't say the Pats outplayed the Panthers. The Patriots defense on the Panthers final drive was disappointing. The penalty McCourty made was incredibly stupid and the secondary falls apart it seems when Talib gets injured in the middle of the game. Not being able to hold Carolina to at least a field goal on their last drive is frustrating.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if the refs made the call and it's a five yard penalty for holding or another attempt at the endzone, it's no guarantee that the Pats score.

While I'd agree with the idea that it was a holding call, I think the contention by many is that it was pass interference, which would have put the ball at the 1 if I recall correctly.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yeah it's pass interference. The reason why Gronk can't get back to make a play on the ball, ie - a catchable ball, is because he is being hugged by Keuchly. Overall it's a tough pill to swallow but we played what is a top 3 NFC team on the road and probably should have won the game.

Move the ball well then the drive stalls - punt
Move the ball well then fumble
Field Goal
TD to start the half
TD to start the 4th
Get the ball to the 5 then kick a field goal
INT with a non-called interference in the endzone

Take away a stupid penalty by Mankins, the Ridley fumble and the play call on 3rd down and 1 in the redzone and this was IMO the best the offense has played. They had better numbers against Pitt but this Carolina D is legit.

Honestly, i'm annoyed but not that bummed. I would rather lose to the Panthers than the Broncos or Ravens. You gotta think Belichick plays the officials are against us card all week so they come out and play mad

Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ok with that loss. The Panthers are a very good team on both sides of the ball and there's a clear argument that we should have pulled out a victory there. The penalties don't bother me, as there were plenty called (or not called) going both ways, as always.

There'd be lots of sprints for any team I've ever been part of for the stupid penalties and loss of composure.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote