Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I could live with Tuitt for my Titans, but I wouldn't be thrilled with it. He's not a great scheme fit, and doesn't offer a ton as a pass rusher - our biggest need.

However, with the way the board fell I could see him being the selection. I would personally prefer Ealy, I think he's a better scheme fit and different maker.

You really think Ebron is going top 10?
I hear you on Tuitt, and spent more time debating between he and Ealy than any other team in this mock. Some thought to J. Armano and ASJ too...

Ealy could easily be the biggest riser in the draft heading into April, and I am very interested in seeing how he finishes out the season. I wanted to put him there, I love his size in addition to his skill set. Right now I have Tuitt rated higher, but I hear you, and anticipate Ealy being a better fit as the season and pre-draft process plays out, we'll see...

I really think it is a strong possibility, Ebron right now is a guy I view as a "poor mans" (for lack of a better term right now) Vernon Davis whe he came out of Maryland, I dont think Ebron is as fast. Similarly to Davis going top ten, I could see Ebron going the same, mostly because I think TE's have a significant impact on an offenses ability to move the ball and be diverse in today's passing oriented league, and Ebron IMO has the athleticism and raw talent to upgrade an offense into the elite category. Put everything together regarding his ability and the way the league is today and I do think it is a distinct possibility

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
wwgd
Rookie

wwgd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Why? Isnt Chase B, a stop gap who was out of the league recently and on the wrong side of 30. Does T. Davis have any original parts in his knees? Has he made it a full year in the last 6, and also on the the wrong side of 30?

Seemed to pan out with Keuchly... I think Van Noy could do a great job with Luke in Nickel packages, blitzing, covering and run stopping, and would give them a fantastic pair of LB's moving forward.

I thought about Purifioy there at CB, but had Van Noy rated higher.

I know LB might not top the list of Panthers needs, but with the board falling as it did, who would you recommend?
Davis only missed one game last year (Thursday night against the Giants; if I recall correctly more as a precaution due to the short week) and has been playing lights out all season. Just turned 30 this year. AJ Klein stepped in for Blackburn (he's hurt) last week and played better than Chase did in any game this year. Front office really likes him going forward. Van Noy would be awesome next to Kuechly, but we have major holes to fill (WR, OL, CB).

I would rather you have given us Cyril Richardson. Maybe Purifoy/Verrett or Jordan Matthews. Richardson would be an instant upgrade at either RG or RT.
wwgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of Roby in the 1st. I see him as a mid 2nd rounder at this point. He is having a David Amerson type year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That works for Miami

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poz,

About 4 to 6 weeks ago I would have agreed with your Kouandijo pick for the Rams. However, based on the performance to date of Joe Barksdale at RT it looks like it is his job going forward and I have already adjusted my first round for the Rams.

Mike Evans would be the pick there since you have Sammy Watkins already off the board.

Also, totally agree with Clinton-Dix with pick 11. He starts now......
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
DoodleDraftDude
Rookie

DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.DoodleDraftDude could make a wolverine purr.

Without knowing who will be coaching in Tampa, I don't think you can be sure they take a QB (I'm not a big Teddy guy anyway). They have a HUGE need at DE, and could use an OT. I can't see them justifying passing on Clowney. Look for them to make a play at Big Ben or Cutler then draft another spot.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought about all the DT's at that pick, but thought with FA and age, CB might be a absolute must early and maybe often in this draft for the Bears.

Do you think Nix is a better DT than Mo-Fo is a CB?
I do. I don't like 5'10 CBs in the first round. Nix+ Gilbert or Dennard or Fuller is much better than Ekpre + a 2nd round DL pick
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgd View Post
Davis only missed one game last year (Thursday night against the Giants; if I recall correctly more as a precaution due to the short week) and has been playing lights out all season. Just turned 30 this year. AJ Klein stepped in for Blackburn (he's hurt) last week and played better than Chase did in any game this year. Front office really likes him going forward. Van Noy would be awesome next to Kuechly, but we have major holes to fill (WR, OL, CB).

I would rather you have given us Cyril Richardson. Maybe Purifoy/Verrett or Jordan Matthews. Richardson would be an instant upgrade at either RG or RT.
Davis is having a phenominal season, my worry is that he has had 3 ACL reconstructions, which I can not recall any players ever coming back from, and IMO his health has to be a concern, despite how he plays. I had not thought of Klein who I would agree, is a fine option moving forward, although I would rather have Van Noy. I hear you with the WR, OL and CB being bigger needs. Purifoy was in major consideration, and Schreff from Iowa at LT was another guy I thought about. Richardson would be interesting and I had not thought about him.... I need to watch more of Matthews, you are the second person to mention him to me this week in the first round, I dont like him there, but maybe missing something.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! Hopefully my next edition will be more appropriate ;)

Deion Sanders
Old 11-19-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I am not a fan of Roby in the 1st. I see him as a mid 2nd rounder at this point. He is having a David Amerson type year.
True, I still however have him as a first rounder, but he is making a hard fall on my board. I like the comparison. He'll be someone I watch closely as the off season progresses, all the talent in the world for the position... Who would you put there with regards to the board and how it fell?

Deion Sanders
Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Poz,

About 4 to 6 weeks ago I would have agreed with your Kouandijo pick for the Rams. However, based on the performance to date of Joe Barksdale at RT it looks like it is his job going forward and I have already adjusted my first round for the Rams.

Mike Evans would be the pick there since you have Sammy Watkins already off the board.

Also, totally agree with Clinton-Dix with pick 11. He starts now......
Arky,

Fair enough. As a LSU fan, I am saddened that it took Barksdale this long to reach any of his potential. However, I will re-adjust my line of thinking based on his progress with regards to my mocking for the Rams, I appreciate the heads up :)

Keep taking WR's till they pan out? Evans, Quick, Austin, Ginens, Petis, something has to give... Normally wouldnt agree, but I do here, never been a big Quick supporter...

Lol, I think Dix starts today if he is on the team, no brainner pick IMO.

Deion Sanders
Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That pretty much sums up my thinking, didnt know they were high on McClain and Bynes. Appreciate it :)
I'm not sure if the staff is really high on McClain or Bynes but they're content with either as a starter. McClain is a pretty good candidate to be cut to save some cap space this offseason though. I still have some hope.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A clear upgrade IMO, and with the whole Bowe issue right now and long term affects, they are going to need to add weapons to that offense, which I think they already needed to do.
.It became painfully obvious during DEN game this team needs more playmakeers then just Bowe & Charles
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite sure why the Eagles need an ILB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With desperate needs at QB, RT, RG, S, ILB, and OLB, I can't see Houston taking another WR. That is a luxury the Texans simply cannot afford.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Not quite sure why the Eagles need an ILB?
Right now I dont think they do, but Ryans is the 4th highest paid player on the team, and counts close to 7 million against the cap next year. I think he is a very likely cap casualty should they need to free up some money as I dont think he would carry a cap penalty. It looks to me like they are about 3 million or so under the cap, which I dont think is going to be enough to what they need to do with rookies and FA's.
I also dont think Ryans is a good fit in their 3-4, and Mosley already excells in the system at the same position and be a cheaper option in 2014 and beyond. So IMO although they dont need a ILB right now it could be a huge need come april...

Deion Sanders
Old 11-20-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
With desperate needs at QB, RT, RG, S, ILB, and OLB, I can't see Houston taking another WR. That is a luxury the Texans simply cannot afford.
I agree that they have higher needs, completely. Aside from K. Mack at that point, I dont see the value matching up with those needs.
As for it being a luxury, it wont be once they release or trade A. Johnson...

This is what I posted earlier on the subject, let me know what you think;

"I thought long and hard for about 30 seconds about putting Mr. Football there. I just like the Keenum fit, I was higher on him than most coming out (2nd round grade), and like the small sample size that I have seen from him, despite losing the 3 games he has started by only 7 total points. I dont see Keenum being the major issue there right now, although there is still plenty of season left. I also am not on the Manzel in the first round hype train yet, although I do like what I have seen out of him this year. Right now I dont think QB is the more pressing need.

I love Hopkins (had him as a top 20 value in last years draft.), but Andre Johnson who I also have a afinity for is going to be 33 next year and IMO is already on the decline, and counts roughly 12, 16 and 15 million dollars against the cap over the next 3 years, even after restructuring. I honestly dont see him taking a pay cut, and think he and the Texans will part ways in the near future. Watkins IMO is virtually uncoverable one on one and a future stud in the league and a top 5 value who with Hopkins would make one of the brightest young recieving cores in the league.

This is just my opinion, but at this point I would rather have Keenum and Watkins moving forward, rather than Manzel and Johnson. "

Deion Sanders
Old 11-20-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arky,

Fair enough. 1.)As a LSU fan, I am saddened that it took Barksdale this long to reach any of his potential. However, I will re-adjust my line of thinking based on his progress with regards to my mocking for the Rams, I appreciate the heads up :)

2.)Keep taking WR's till they pan out? Evans, Quick, Austin, Ginens, Petis, something has to give... Normally wouldnt agree, but I do here, never been a big Quick supporter...

Lol, I think Dix starts today if he is on the team, no brainner pick IMO.
Poz,

Regarding your comments on Barksdale it should be pointed out that his ostensible failure in Oakland had more to do with their change to a Zone Blocking scheme. From what I have heard he is much more suited for the power run blocking that the Rams feature. Plus, kudos to our OL coach, Paul Boudreau, for coaching this kid up.

As for #2 I perceive thou art pouring on the salt most liberally. lol lol. Time for the old canard, "If at first you don't succeed draft, draft, again..." Yeah, the Rams still need a number One WR. Much like death and taxes and the sun rising in the east this is an ongoing enterprise.

Unfortunately for us all the guys we have are really more like 2's and 3's or slot types. All would benefit greatly with the presence of a true, bonafide NUMBER ONE WR.

Enter: Sammy Watkins.

Make it happen Number One!!

WHAT SAY YE?

Last edited by ArkyRamsFan : 11-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Poz,

Regarding your comments on Barksdale it should be pointed out that his ostensible failure in Oakland had more to do with their change to a Zone Blocking scheme. From what I have heard he is much more suited for the power run blocking that the Rams feature. Plus, kudos to our OL coach, Paul Boudreau, for coaching this kid up.

As for #2 I perceive thou art pouring on the salt most liberally. lol lol. Time for the old canard, "If at first you don't succeed draft, draft, again..." Yeah, the Rams still need a number One WR. Much like death and taxes and the sun rising in the east this is an ongoing enterprise.

Unfortunately for us all the guys we have are really more like 2's and 3's or slot types. All would benefit greatly with the presence of a true, bonafide NUMBER ONE WR.

Enter: Sammy Watkins.

Make it happen Number One!!

WHAT SAY YE?
YE SAY,

1 - I think Barksdale could make the transition into a zone scheme (just athletic enought IMO), but patience and coaching would be crucial, as he is, power is the way. Kudos for sure.

2 - I have been told recently that "salty" is a manner in which I have been described, so if it walks like a duck... You get it... Anyway, I would completely agree that a true #1 is needed in St. Louie, although in this mock I can not provide Sammy w/out a trade up, I could do Mike Evans (the best option value/need wise, although a healthy M. Lee IMO might be the best option, for what ever that is worth. Regardless a legit #1 would do wonders IMO as well for all parties involved.

3 - The Future; if I can Watkins it will be, and the Redskins just make make it possible w/out a trade. Shall a trade be feasable in my estimation, Watkins it shall be, this is the Rams 2014 mock draft gospel of Poz51. So shall it be.

Deion Sanders