Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wings needed the Hurricanes to put the puck in their own net just now at the very end of a full two-minute 5-on-3 power play. Detroit is still a wreck. Have to hold this late lead now ... 7 losses in a row
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nyquist scores on a breakaway to seal this up. Wow.

2 goals in his season debut.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Nyquist scores on a breakaway to seal this up. Wow.

2 goals in his season debut.
And put on waivers when Alfie is healthy so Cleary can play.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
14-3-3 is the best Blues start after 20 games in Franchise history. Hard to believe. We've never won a cup, but we've had some incredible teams.

The other day a local radio station was talking about most hated teams in St. Louis. Redwings were mentioned a lot because of the success they had against us in the playoffs, Stevie Y's double OT goal was mentioned as ruining many childhoods.....I watched it on youtube like 100 times after, no idea why. That goal and the Braves beating the Cards 15-0 in game 7 made for a terrible 1996.

I don't remember a lot about that season, just really remember the playoffs, and Chris Pronger throwing a Toronto player on top of Grant Fuhr breaking his leg. So maybe we should blame Pronger. I also thought the Blues had to be a good team, with Hull, Pronger, Maccinnis, Gretzky.....Corson and Courtnall were really solid players and Fuhr.....We finished 32-34 what the **** is that? 80 points was good enough for 4th place lol, Redwings were like 62-13.
Didn't you at one point have some crazy streak of making the playoffs, but almost always as a 6th-7th place team that wasn't really a contender?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'd really love to be in a room with babcock and holland so they could explain exactly wtf they're doing. i mean, they're clearly brilliant guys. they've made some incredible moves to keep this team relevant for so long without ever having a top pick. i know they're not inherently stupid. but i have absolutely no understanding whatsoever of some of the moves they make.
I completely agree. I want to hear a straight forward explanation for why Tootoo wasn't bought out and why Cleary was signed
Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it the four Coyotes fans in existence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To point out the obvious:

Jagr is still that dude. Twice as many points as any other forward on the team and they are doing somehow not terrible.

Ovechkin has 40 goals in his last 43 games? He good. I like Marcus Johansson a lot but I'm curious as to how much of a passenger he has been with Ovy and Backstrom. Don't see a lot of Caps.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally getting into hockey. The problem has always been that the games are on at the exact same time as basketball, and I don't choose much over basketball. But Nerv/Peefs talked me into getting nhl13 to play with him (on 360 if anyone here has it and wants to play me!) and its made me really want to give hockey a try again. So I've been watching Blues games over the last week or so (i live in Missouri so they all air on tv) and have really started to fall for the sport even though I still dont know a lot about it or the players. Fun times! Pietrangelo and Oshie are my early favorites.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw the Blues, become an Avs fan! We're still just coming out of our rebuild so you would be pre-bandwagoning, but the team is filled with young exciting talent who play well together and do hockey right, plus we have the most awesomest coach, like seriously, watch a Roy interview and be not entertained, it's unpossible.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues are a great team, very deep with some great young talent still breaking through. Good amount of grit from some of their top guys, too. Nobody other than Morrow could really be considered on the downside of their career. They're spoiled to have three defensemen that handle the puck as smoothly as Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, and Shattenkirk. The first two have a good argument for best defensive pairing in the league. They play extremely well despite not having a typical superstar, though Petro may as well be. Very likable team, even if they are coached by Hitchcock.

The only downside to their depth is that it means Paajarvi doesn't get to play much. Really wish he had gone to a team where he'd have more of an opportunity.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Finally getting into hockey. The problem has always been that the games are on at the exact same time as basketball, and I don't choose much over basketball. But Nerv/Peefs talked me into getting nhl13 to play with him (on 360 if anyone here has it and wants to play me!) and its made me really want to give hockey a try again. So I've been watching Blues games over the last week or so (i live in Missouri so they all air on tv) and have really started to fall for the sport even though I still dont know a lot about it or the players. Fun times! Pietrangelo and Oshie are my early favorites.
Like McGee said the Blues are a good team to follow. They're going to be good for years to come and have a lot of likeable guys on their team. They pretty much cover any type of hockey you would want to watch as they can have wide-open games, shutdown games, and they're physical. And I'll always root for Chris Stewart.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

The blues are just going to break his heart once the playoffs roll around though. Sharks and Sabres fans, of all people, should understand that pain. So why would you knowingly help doom another to such a wicked fate?

Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Welcome aboard, pretty much the same thing happened with me a few years ago. Even if I wanted to resist though, going to a school where the only D1 sport is hockey probably would have prevented it.

Hockey is pretty great, at its worst its still something to watch when there's no good basketball on!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues would be a good team to follow, but like some have said, theyll just break your heart come playoff time. But Oshie-Backes-Steen-Petro-JB has to be one of the funnest if not the funnest line to watch in hockey. That being said.....Are you guys ready for another Boston vs St. Louis championship?

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 11-23-2013 at 09:11 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Chris Stewart have any trade value? 18 Goals in 48 games last year was pretty impressive, but he's so inconsistent and been pretty crappy this year. What would you give up for him as far as draft picks go?

I think the Blues could trade him away for a draft pick and re-stock the system a bit, and not lose to much on the current team. A lot of their prospects have graduated to the next level. At least that would be my thinking if I was Doug Armstrong.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Does Chris Stewart have any trade value? 18 Goals in 48 games last year was pretty impressive, but he's so inconsistent and been pretty crappy this year. What would you give up for him as far as draft picks go?

I think the Blues could trade him away for a draft pick and re-stock the system a bit, and not lose to much on the current team. A lot of their prospects have graduated to the next level. At least that would be my thinking if I was Doug Armstrong.
I'd give up a 1st for him from the Sharks. Blues would have to take a pretty high salary roster player back though for the Sharks to fit him under the cap which would probably have to be Havlat. Not good trade partners now that I think about it.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I would hope that Ken Holland would give up picks and prospects to get a goal-scorer like Stewart ... but I know damn well he won't because he's an idiot.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i love when quincey goes out of his way to make the team worse.
Agreed

Quote:
Old 11-24-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Soon.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Soon.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'm driving up to Winnipeg for the Wild game on Saturday. Decent chance I end up in a Canadian jail.
Are you still a free man or do I need to post bail?
Old 11-24-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
The blues are just going to break his heart once the playoffs roll around though. Sharks and Sabres fans, of all people, should understand that pain. So why would you knowingly help doom another to such a wicked fate?
Go root for the Knicks.

You know you should have been a Sabres fan. Ehrhoff, Sulzer, Hecht? It's in your blood.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Are you still a free man or do I need to post bail?
I am alive and safe. What a ******* great weekend.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am alive and safe. What a ******* great weekend.

Nicklas Backstrom won a shootout, so you must have brought some kind of magic with you. Good work.

It would be nice if we could win some of these games a little more convincingly but I'm probably being picky.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Go root for the Knicks.

You know you should have been a Sabres fan. Ehrhoff, Sulzer, Hecht? It's in your blood.
Too mean...

Yeah, but **** Hasek, Roy's pure unbridled fury was way more awesome than Hasek's spineless headstanding. Patrick was hockey's version of Oliver Kahn, and Ollie was my favorite athlete period...and why i fell in love with Patrick Ewing as well :-(

Quote: