Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Options Narrowed down to Russell and Quinn

SI.com reports that the raiders have narrowed their search down to Russell and Quinn. Johnson is no longer an option.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html
Old 04-21-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
mhuff21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksavage View Post
SI.com reports that the raiders have narrowed their search down to Russell and Quinn. Johnson is no longer an option.

WHAT!!! NO WAY! i dont know man. the philadelphia daily is reporting this...what credibility do they have? hmmm... it is on SI so it could be legit.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Cool I hope so... we will see.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

somehow I dont think this has any credibility.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Agreed. Smells like dung to me. Hard to imagine a Philly newspaper having any sort of credible source. Even less likely that Davis tips his hand this early.

Last edited by Crow : 04-21-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really doubt and hope this is wrong

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

What would be wrong with taking Russell exactly? I just hope we maximize our pick value and the only way to do that is to take Russell at #1, we have too much invested at WR already.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Unless of course we move Moss on draft day.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Unless of course we move Moss on draft day.
I'm crossing my fingers and praying we do
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we NEED to get rid of him. he is wasting are time and money.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Default hmm...

I don't really believe this story tho [upon further thought]....no way they wound enter negotiations with Quinn b/c he won't go #1 overall.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope that article is wrong, trade Moss draft CJ.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
skatman
Rookie

skatman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd really like to see the original article. I have a feeling it's not based in any fact whatsoever.
skatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate to start a debate but i think jamarcus russell is better than calvin johnson therefore this is good news. al is already thinking hes got the most upside at QB since john elway in '83.

619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

It's a bogus story. We've been in contact with all three, and there's no favorite at the moment.

Also, 619, I think you're probably the only one who thinks Russell is better than Johnson.

With Moss gone this year or next, and both Porter and Gabriel gone after the season, Johnson makes a ton of sense.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

both theories make sense, drafting a QB or CJ. therefore the draft is so exciting.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Like I said at the other site, if we could take Quinn's brains, desire, and heart and put them in Russell's body, that QB would be the no-brainer pick. but, as it stands, I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Like I said at the other site, if we could take Quinn's brains, desire, and heart and put them in Russell's body, that QB would be the no-brainer pick. but, as it stands, I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.
i like that point. trade Moss away, draft CJ and some O-Liner and give Walter the second chance with a better OL.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whats funny is that Jamarcus Russell was on the SEC's all academic team. I dont see where some of you people get the notion that he's dumb. Oh wait a minute is that old notion that black QBs are not smart enough to play QB?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

maybe because of his interviews, he doesn't show that he is a smart guy. at some interviews i thought he is a very shy, not stupid.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I'd just as soon start Walter over either of them.
Would still want to avoid JR and BQ if C. Johnson wasn't in this draft? A comment like that makes me believe that you'd rather have Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or Adrian Peterson.

Its fairly consensus that CJ is the #1 player, but JR and BQ aren't far behind in my book. And they play a position of much greater need.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

al being all secretive about whats going on in there draft room wouldnt ever rule out a top prospect because you never want to rule out possible blockbuster trades with someone who wants to give u there draft for that number 1 pick.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was watching NFL Live and Ed Werner said the Raiders are denying internet reports that they have a deal to select Brady Quinn with the #1 and that the coaching staff and Al Davis believe that Jamarcus Russell is the only player in the draft who can turn around the franchise. Also said the Raiders value Quinns charisma and that he was a 4 year starter at ND, but they like Russell. It was on today and i'm sure they will show it a couple more times it looked like Ed was at the Raider Org so i'm thinking there may be some truth to it.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whats funny is that Jamarcus Russell was on the SEC's all academic team. I dont see where some of you people get the notion that he's dumb. Oh wait a minute is that old notion that black QBs are not smart enough to play QB?
School topics and an NFL playbook AND ability to read defenses are completely different.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
School topics and an NFL playbook AND ability to read defenses are completely different.
He improved his decision making significantly every year at LSU, of course a QB starting in his 1st and 2nd year is bound to make mistakes. This year his decision making was very good.