Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the long run it really doesn't help or hurt to not throw. Teams that like him will work him out and see him up close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hurt. I was looking forward to see how his mechanics/velocity and especially footwork looked against others and Osweiler.

I'm sure there's at least a few GMs/decision makers in a position to draft him, like Holmgren, that would've preferred to see him step up and compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I'm hurt. I was looking forward to see how his mechanics/velocity and especially footwork looked against others and Osweiler.

I'm sure there's at least a few GMs/decision makers in a position to draft him, like Holmgren, that would've preferred to see him step up and compete.
He's supposed to be a lock to be top 4 pick at this point, no reason to **** with that if you're him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
He'll be fine in Cleveland if we take advantage of the offensive talent in FA this year, or some how land a stud WR in the late first.

Cleveland is in position to make some noise this offseason with 3 picks in the first 40 and money to make moves in free agency.
3 teams off the top of my head have Top 10 picks and 40+mil to spend. But I highly doubt any of them with do any type of noise to where it puts them in the position to contend (except KC and a new QB)
Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
3 teams off the top of my head have Top 10 picks and 40+mil to spend. But I highly doubt any of them with do any type of noise to where it puts them in the position to contend (except KC and a new QB)
Heckertt said publicly that they plan on adding playmakers this offseason. I think this is the year the Browns turn their franchise around in all honesty. Our defense is already solid, and we have plenty of chances to add young talent on offense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-20-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck and Griffin have absolutely nothing to gain from throwing and working out at the combine. It's better for them if they interview with teams, go through the medical exams and wait for their heavily scripted workouts at their respected campuses. Most top quarterbacks do the same.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah both Luck and Griffin need to throw at the combine.I think its lame when they don't because everyone needs to throw and just show what they got for live coverage wise and rantings would be a big help.But most likely they won't sadly. most of the times the top 3 QB s never throw the routes at the combine.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Nah both Luck and Griffin need to throw at the combine.
If they needed to they would.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton "Stepped Up" last year and was FLAMED for throwing badly when he couldn't connect with the Combine's WR's in drills. Why give ANYONE more ammo to criticize you?
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Cam Newton "Stepped Up" last year and was FLAMED for throwing badly when he couldn't connect with the Combine's WR's in drills. Why give ANYONE more ammo to criticize you?

= irrelevant.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Can we discuss?

I thought Griffin would bust so I'm not ashamed to say I'm taking a perverse delight in how things are turning out thus far. But I think it's very interesting that, this season, he looks a lot like the prospect he was in Baylor 10', also coming off a significant knee injury. Maby that's all it is, but with all the flack he and the Shanahan's are taking, will he ever get back to the 11', 12' guy?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grif needs a full offseason of reps under center to tell if he's truly regressed or not.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy tore up his knee last season, he's not going to be the same guy he was last season. Not everyone is AP and can come back that soon, most guys it still takes a whole season to recover, if ever.

If RG3 does bust it's not because of his ability, it's because his body and mind gave out on him.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The guy tore up his knee last season, he's not going to be the same guy he was last season. Not everyone is AP and can come back that soon, most guys it still takes a whole season to recover, if ever.

If RG3 does bust it's not because of his ability, it's because his body and mind gave out on him.
The body and the mind are what give ability. From what I recall during all the preseason hoopla about his knee it was griffin who kept declaring himself ready to go even though dr. Andrews disagreed. Griffin was basically going against doctors recommendations and it was shanahan that got blamed for not playing griffin in the preseason.

The skins give up a kings ransom on a guy they thought was someone else and the trade looks like it is going set the franchise back.

Last edited by SolidGold : 11-26-2013 at 05:00 PM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady regressed as a thrower the year after he torn his knee apart. It's a psychological hurdle that he will need to overcome. I think his third year in the league will be more telling about his talent level and how it translated from the college game; more so than his first two seasons.

He had, probably, the best rookie season any QB has ever had. But the pistol formation appears to have the same kind of short term dominance that the wildcat endured. And I think that is partly responsible for his regression.

NFL teams are forcing Griffin to beat them from the pocket, going through progressions and making good decisions. It is becoming apparent that when he's forced to sit in the pocket with the lack of read option, then he's not nearly as successful. His decision making has been awful this year. And that comes back to his college tape where he was making simple reads and simple throws. Very similar to Marcus Mariota as well.

I think the scheme caught the league by storm and it was the perfect setting to having a great year during his rookie season. In reality, RG III is a bigger project than people realized after his initial success. Kaepernick is having similar struggles in a similar scheme where he's dependent on simple reads and simple throws created by run action.

I liked Griffin a lot. I thought he was worthy of going #2 overall and I thought the Redskins - who gave up a ton to get him - made out well in the trade. From a talent perspective he is phenomenal. And he has the rare kind of potential to be one of the elite players in the game. The upside is there. But I didn't necessarily love him coming out of college. I thought his scheme in college was so simple that it made his gaudy stats more impressive than he was. His accuracy wasn't as good as people thought and he missed throws that left you shaking your head. He wasn't put in many difficult situations and he made easy throw after easy throw. I remember when he beat the Saints as a rookie. New Orleans has a historically terrible defense and RG III was completing the easiest throws in the world on his way to a 300+ yard day. It looked like college all over again. 15 yard slants turn into 70 yard TDs. A screen pass going for over 50 yards. A running game that couldn't be stopped. It was easy.

Defenses have adjusted. It's not as easy despite the Redskins still having a great rushing attack. He should be playing better because he's in such a good situation offensively. But I'm giving him leeway due to his injury.

Here's what I've hated about Griffin thus far: His ego / attitude. The public disagreements he's had with coaches, displacing blame via the media, his attitude... I'm sure there's a very good reason why a WR is telling the media that they suck at passing, which is a direct shot at the QB. His ego is far bigger than Cam Newton's was, which Newton took a ton of heat for (from myself included). I've also heard that Griffin doesn't want his bad plays being shown to the team during film sessions? I can't remember where I heard that, but if that's true then Griffin is never going to be a leader and his teammates are going to hate him. Everyone said his intangibles were off the charts. It appears that people were completely wrong about that. And that could be the most detrimental aspect of his game.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde

For such a smart guy I'm not sure if he's heard that one before. Hopefully this season humbles him. If it doesn't, then things are going to get worse and he's never going to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 11-26-2013 at 08:38 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
The body and the mind are what give ability. From what I recall during all the preseason hoopla about his knee it was griffin who kept declaring himself ready to go even though dr. Andrews disagreed. Griffin was basically going against doctors recommendations and it was shanahan that got blamed for not playing griffin in the preseason.

The skins give up a kings ransom on a guy they thought was someone else and the trade looks like it is going set the franchise back.
Yes, but he proved enough to me already that he wasn't a bust. Just because his knee may never be the same doesn't mean he was a bust. His ability to read defense is different than his brain telling him he can't do this, can't do that.

RG3 as a player is not a bust. His knee may never be the same which may lead to him not living up to his potential, but that's not because his ability and skill wasn't there
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't love him when I watch him. Something just looks weird to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The crazy part about it is that I can't really come up with a reason I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to pass the eye test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Me too. And like you, I have a hard time saying what it is. I think part of it is that his body looks like it's completely maxed out, and he looks pretty thin and small even in college, despite being listed as 6'2" 220, and those numbers are typically fine for a QB. I guess if I try to describe it... it's like when I watch him drop back to throw, I half expect the play to break down if he can't throw a fade. It's almost a sense that he depends on making highlight-reel plays. A run for a first, a deep bomb, a scramble to avoid pressure and then dump off to his tight end... Which is great, of course, and fun to watch, but you don't really seem to see very many... methodical drives. Where he's taking what a defense is giving him... he's always having to beat the defense. Maybe that's a good enough way of saying it. Also think Kendall Wright is one of the top 5 receivers in college football right now. He plays a lot like Steve Smith. Really smooth, and just knifes through seams in defenses. Plays really aggressively with his speed for a guy who isn't very big, and a lot of Griffin's highlights feature Wright.
sometimes I just cite myself when I had something totally correct.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote