Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to get into Cougar Town once they started showing re-runs on other channels. Meh. Not the worst show ever, but I don't get the cult infatuation.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One, shut up nepg. Two, it's a funny show and you have to be at least somewhat invested in the characters. They're a bunch of drunks who drink wine, what's not to love here?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
One, shut up nepg. Two, it's a funny show and you have to be at least somewhat invested in the characters. They're a bunch of drunks who drink wine, what's not to love here?
??? I said it was good. But it's definitely a chick show about chick things. If you can watch it alone or with another dude in the room and not feel weird about it, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I tried to get into Cougar Town once they started showing re-runs on other channels. Meh. Not the worst show ever, but I don't get the cult infatuation.
It's a chick show that doesn't suck or pander to standard chick tropes and ********. It's just funny and a bit in your face (for a chick show). Women like terrible TV and they're the biggest audience so we get flooded with terrible chick shows. When a TV show geared toward women isn't completely ******, it's going to get a cult following.

Last edited by nepg : 12-05-2013 at 07:18 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
??? I said it was good. But it's definitely a chick show about chick things. If you can watch it alone or with another dude in the room and not feel weird about it, whatever.

It's a chick show that doesn't suck or pander to standard chick tropes and ********. It's just funny and a bit in your face (for a chick show). Women like terrible TV and they're the biggest audience so we get flooded with terrible chick shows. When a TV show geared toward women isn't completely ******, it's going to get a cult following.

New Girl>>>>>>Cougar Town.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many times are you going to say chick show? We get it, you want to re-assure everyone in the world that you're straight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
New Girl>>>>>>Cougar Town.
I certainly don't disagree with that, but both are good.

Quote:
How many times are you going to say chick show? We get it, you want to re-assure everyone in the world that you're straight.
I'm not the one getting defensive about watching it... ***.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched most of the first season of Cougar Town with the ex. Have to admit that it's a pretty decent chick show. It's definitely a chick show, though. And if you're watching the show and are not a chick and don't have a chick in the room, there's some sort of chemical imbalance going on.
Agree on all counts.

Why hasn't Blacklist been mentioned on this page?
Must be a few pages back because this show is 5-stars.

OK edit: I see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
For those that watch it, The Blacklist was renewed.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blacklist is, like, 3.5 stars. It is very enjoyable, but nowhere near a 'great' TV show.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'm not the one getting defensive about watching it... ***.
You're the worst.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cougar Town is enjoyable.

I will say that if you're not watching Trophy Wife you're doing TV wrong.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My friend thinks if the show centers around a chick that it's a chick show. He refuses to watch veronica mars because it's a "chick show"

This happened and it was awesome

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 12-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cougar Town is good, except for Travis who is terrible. Like if I could punch any celebrity in the face with zero repercussions he might not be #1 but he'd be close. I do watch it with my wife, not sure if I was single that I would watch it. But if I was single I would obviously do a lot of things differently.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have watched all of The Mindy Show over the past couple weeks and have really enjoyed it. I did not think I would like it at all but very glad I gave it a chance because I have been pleasantly surprised. Its not a great show or anything but I have found it very enjoyable.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Mob City, I'll keep watching.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
I have watched all of The Mindy Show over the past couple weeks and have really enjoyed it. I did not think I would like it at all but very glad I gave it a chance because I have been pleasantly surprised. Its not a great show or anything but I have found it very enjoyable.
It's okay, not something I try to catch but I don't dislike it when it does come on. They get a lot of good people to be on it and are lucky to have Messina in a starring role.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
It's okay, not something I try to catch but I don't dislike it when it does come on. They get a lot of good people to be on it and are lucky to have Messina in a starring role.
Messina is amazing. Ike Barenholtz also kills it, he makes me laugh every damn episode. Buy guuuuuuuuys it's totally a chick show. So many chick tropes, chick problems, chick plots.

They do get a ton of guest stars and I think it's pretty consistently funny.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havnt seen any of the Mindy project but I've always liked her.

And Jules Cobb will always be my favorite drinking buddy.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Began watching Parks and Rec. Kinda wish Leslie Knope was just a little competant.

But I know it gets better. Just like homosexuality.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Began watching Parks and Rec. Kinda wish Leslie Knope was just a little competant.

Let me be the 1,000th person to say that Parks gets better after season 1!

:)
Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

First you don't respond to my sweet twitter messages, and now I find out you're just now starting Parks and Rec? I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!

(also ya, s1 is kinda booty, picks up a lot after that)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
First you don't respond to my sweet twitter messages, and now I find out you're just now starting Parks and Rec? I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!

(also ya, s1 is kinda booty, picks up a lot after that)
I couldn't think of a good enough reply! The sun was in my eyes! Who nicknames their genitals "tumtum" anyway!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't think of a good enough reply! The sun was in my eyes! Who nicknames their genitals "tumtum" anyway!
Well he wanted to call it "Monster Destroyer" but I overruled him on that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Well he wanted to call it "Monster Destroyer" but I overruled him on that.
Can they really destroy monsters though? Cause they're the #1 threat to my chicken tenders.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
My friend thinks if the show centers around a chick that it's a chick show. He refuses to watch veronica mars because it's a "chick show"

This happened and it was awesome

Haha, my professor showed that to use before we took our final exam the other day. Turns out she's actually friends with him.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, my professor showed that to use before we took our final exam the other day. Turns out she's actually friends with him.
And she hasn't married him?!

RIP TheManInBlack