Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers gets the ball out pretty damn fast too, but he doesn't have the decision making of Peyton. I expect the D to step up in a big way, especially being at home.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Rivers gets the ball out pretty damn fast too, but he doesn't have the decision making of Peyton. I expect the D to step up in a big way, especially being at home.
IMO, the Chargers are a better team when they focus on running the ball. More than getting after Rivers, I think your D will need to slam the door on the run game... then the opportunities to hit Rivers will come.

The Chargers' record may be poor, but they've been competitive in almost every game this year. I suspect this one will be close enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. The Chiefs should be able to win in the end, though.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
IMO, the Chargers are a better team when they focus on running the ball. More than getting after Rivers, I think your D will need to slam the door on the run game... then the opportunities to hit Rivers will come.

The Chargers' record may be poor, but they've been competitive in almost every game this year. I suspect this one will be close enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. The Chiefs should be able to win in the end, though.
Like every Chiefs game. It's bad for your health to be a fan of this team.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Typical Denver game.

In KC the breaks seem to fall the other way.

Time to kick some Chargers tail.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver has to play in Foxburough, so we have a solid chance to outright lead tthe division going into the home game with the Broncos.

A win also gives us a hammerlock on a playoff spot. I don't see any of the other candidates winning more than 9 games. A 7-9 playoff team is distinctly possible.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 11-21-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the Chiefs can hold SD under 20 points they will win if not chalk up a loss. I don't trust the Chiefs O to score 20.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Chiefs D and probably RIP the season if Hali and Houston are hurt bad.

Marcus Cooper has been completely exposed the last few weeks... He can't cover anyone anymore.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Welp. That was somethin, I guess.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Mike Garofolo the initial diagnosis on Tamba is a mid inside ankle sprain & Houston suffered a subluxed elbow and will get an MRI to determine the extent of the ligament damage
Old 11-25-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of bad breaks with Hali and Houston. Houston's injury looked worse, but you can come back from an elbow within a couple weeks. I initially feared Hali's was an achilles, so if it's not that's good, although you still never want to deal with an ankle sprain, which can linger. The Chiefs have been very mediocre in the pass rush the last few weeks, but opposing teams at least had to respect the threat of Hali and Houston. Zombo and Moses played like, well...backups.

I'll also chalk this loss up to the lack of Jamaal Charles. I'm not sure how many passes he caught, but he only ran the ball 14 times. There's no reason the Chiefs top offensive playmaker shouldn't have handled the ball at least 20 times from scrimmage. If he carries the ball more, perhaps Rivers doesn't have as much time to expose the Chiefs defense as he did today.

Not sure what to make of Cooper. He plays well on vertical routes but he is a massive liability on crossers.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The entire defense was bad on those crossers. It's gotta be fixed or else every team is gunna run those on us like the Chargers did.

At least the offense showed some life, right? We've been waiting a while to see that.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Default Week 13: Broncos AT Chiefs (Welp.)

Discuss the upcoming game against the Broncos here!

So, we lost, they lost. We lost Hali and Houston for the foreseeable future, they have a few players out. But it's still Manning, and it's still the Broncos. I'm not very confident with this one, but if we somehow managed to pull off the upset we'd be leading the division with four to play, and two of them divisional games.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd kinda feel better if we had Hali & Houston for this game. if we don't yikes
Old 11-25-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just follow the Pats gameplan. Make it look as though Knowshon Moreno is Terrell Davis and spot them 24 points. That way Manning won't hurt you. Then it's Alex Smith time!!!!!!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

This isn't going to be pretty.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Marcus Cooper is awful.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Last edited by Splat : 12-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well I'm not jumping off a cliff yet.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I'm not jumping off a cliff yet.
No "hello darkness my old friend" gif?

Well, if it's any consolation, the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season in 2007. And you know how that ended.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

WANTED: Pass Catchers
Old 12-03-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Default Week 14: Chiefs AT Redskins

Welp. Here we go. Gotta win this one.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm afraid this could be a turning point game for the Chiefs. Lose this one and their confidence will be shattered. Last year they looked like a beaten team as soon as they took the field. I'm afraid that could happen again. They are a young team and the confidence of young teams can be very brittle.

OTOH...Andy is a much better coach than anything we have seen in KC for a long time.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He really is. I don't think Andy will let them lay down. I mean hell, they still played the Chargers and Broncos (2nd time) tough. This team is a lot stronger than people think.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He really is. I don't think Andy will let them lay down. I mean hell, they still played the Chargers and Broncos (2nd time) tough. This team is a lot stronger than people think.
although it'd be nice if Andy didn't call bootleg passes on 1st & goal at the one when you have a top 2 RB in the NFL
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

The Chiefs have nothing to play for but pride. They have all but locked up the #5 seed, but are virtually eliminated in the division race. A win this week clinches the playoff spot.

I think they win this easily and beat Oakland to finish 11-5.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera