Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Talent-wise I give the nod to Watt, they are both extremely talented, but I played D-line in the past so I'm more familiar with their techniques and lean that way. Scheme-wise of Cushing has the advantage. Watt plays with his hand on the ground so he doesn't get to see what the offense is doing pre-snap as well, hence cannot put others or himself in a better position the way Cushing could. I think Cushing is the heart of this D. Our linebacking core has less talent than our d-line so the absence is more noticeable. I hope for Cush's speedy recovery and that next year we have more talent at linebacker to supplement his skill.
It is nice to see JJ finally picking up the slack in a game Cushing was out of.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is all of Houston standing up for Keenum? He threw 2 passes today that should have been pick 6's but went into the defenders hands and then dropped. He also threw similar passes against the Colts and Chiefs and both of those were dropped as well. That is 4 pick 6's that were as easy of a catch as you can get that were dropped by the defense. Then he runs backwards 30 yards before going down for a sack today. He throws up a prayer right to Patrick Peterson and gets insanely lucky that Andre comes down with it. He has about 4 fumbles in 3 games, holds onto the ball too long, and has that hilariously awful delay of game penalty where he is trying to direct the offense and has no clue of what the play clock is at.

He has yet to show me something that screams out not to draft Hundley, Bridgewater, or Mariota if given the chance.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Texans fan but I agree. He's clearly got some talent, but there's no way they'd pass on a QB they like to give him a wasted year to try to get to 8-8.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Man this ugly. :(
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont mind Keenum, but I don't want him as the Texans starter. Half of his throws are huge gambles that, while some have paid off thus far, will end up catastrophic most of the time. He's a guy who would end up with a lot of INTs every year where youre just like, "why in the HELL would you do that?!" Favre mentality without the Favre arm strength. People are just defending him cause he's a local kid and because he's not Schaub, as most Houston fans will take anyone over Schaub at this point.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, I would take anyone over Schaub at this point. Keenum has a lot of kinks, but he gives us the best shot at winning. He should be given the rest of the year to develop. I don't know where the weak arm argument comes from he can throw a 50 yd. bomb and has some zip on his throws so I can't fault arm strength. He can extend the play and considering our swiss cheese O-line, that is necessary. We don't seem to have hot reads to beat the blitz or good game planning for that matter. The season is pretty much done, but I would still like to get a few more wins.

Kubiak has to be gone! I mean he just has to. That was the most idiotic move he pulled in putting Schaub back in the game and the weakest excuse when he explained his reasoning the next day. I've not been a fan of Kubiak in forever, but this past Sunday just blew me away in terms of shock value. I cannot believe what he did and if there is a Kubiak apologist left after this week I would be floored.

The team is riddled with flaws, has been for a few years now. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it talent has masked some of these flaws. Coaching has really left so much to be desired. Our O-line needs to be upgraded. Newton needs to be benched, just horrendous on the field. Our RB's suck with the blitz pick up. Our D, outside of Watt, J-jo, K-Jax, and A. Smith needs to be overhauled. Really outside of Watt every position needs to be upgraded.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Yup, I would take anyone over Schaub at this point. Keenum has a lot of kinks, but he gives us the best shot at winning. He should be given the rest of the year to develop. I don't know where the weak arm argument comes from he can throw a 50 yd. bomb and has some zip on his throws so I can't fault arm strength. He can extend the play and considering our swiss cheese O-line, that is necessary. We don't seem to have hot reads to beat the blitz or good game planning for that matter. The season is pretty much done, but I would still like to get a few more wins.

Kubiak has to be gone! I mean he just has to. That was the most idiotic move he pulled in putting Schaub back in the game and the weakest excuse when he explained his reasoning the next day. I've not been a fan of Kubiak in forever, but this past Sunday just blew me away in terms of shock value. I cannot believe what he did and if there is a Kubiak apologist left after this week I would be floored.

The team is riddled with flaws, has been for a few years now. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you want to look at it talent has masked some of these flaws. Coaching has really left so much to be desired. Our O-line needs to be upgraded. Newton needs to be benched, just horrendous on the field. Our RB's suck with the blitz pick up. Our D, outside of Watt, J-jo, K-Jax, and A. Smith needs to be overhauled. Really outside of Watt every position needs to be upgraded.
I don't mind the action of putting in Schaub. Anything he does means everyone blames him. Everything Keenum does then they blame the OL. I would rather have Schaub start over Keenum. Commy is right that they are only defending Keenum because he went to U of H. He holds onto the ball way too long, takes horrible throws and lucky for him they have all been dropped, he runs backwards an insane amount of yards to attempt to get away from the blitz, and has about 5 fumbles in 3 and a half games. How can it be the OL's fault for everything for Keenum when Schaub has to play with the same OL?

I think Kubiak deserves another year. What more do you want from him? Foster, Cushing, Tate, Jackson, Joseph, Mays, Manning, Daniels, and Reed are all hurt or gone in Reed's case. Then the backups we drafted like Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, Lemon, and Quessenberry, are all also on IR. Half of our team is hurt. It is like blaming the Packers coach for them going down the drain without their whole OL, Cobb, Finley, and one of the best QB's in the game on the field right now. Vince Lambardi wouldn't be able to turn us around this year. We just have way too many pieces missing and that is part of football sometimes.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I don't mind the action of putting in Schaub. Anything he does means everyone blames him. Everything Keenum does then they blame the OL. I would rather have Schaub start over Keenum. Commy is right that they are only defending Keenum because he went to U of H. He holds onto the ball way too long, takes horrible throws and lucky for him they have all been dropped, he runs backwards an insane amount of yards to attempt to get away from the blitz, and has about 5 fumbles in 3 and a half games. How can it be the OL's fault for everything for Keenum when Schaub has to play with the same OL?.
I can't speak for everyone blaming Schaub or the O-line in Keenum's case. I've made my arguments against Schaub years ago and they still stand. I'm not a U of H fan, so I guess I'm not one of they. Are you including the plays where he stretches the play like the TD pass against the Raiders to Graham? Are you saying Matt didn't make horrible throws throughout his career that should have been picked off? The last throw from Matt against the Raiders was a dropped Int. in the endzone. Granted the 27 (IIRC)yd sack Keenum took was horrendous, aside from that I haven't seen any that were distinctly attention grabbing. Even considering that 27 yd sack, on avg. Matt was loosing around 7 yds. a sack while Keenum avgd. around 11 yds. a sack. Granted, again, that Keenum has fumbled 4 times. Do you remember Schaub's first year? He had a 5 game streak where he fumbled 7 times. I didn't jump on him then and I'm not gonna jump on Keenum now. Both Schaub and Keenum have 8 TDs, Schaub has 9 turnovers compared to Keenums 3, that's including the lost fumbles. Looking at just those numbers who would you say is the more efficient QB? No mention of the O-line performance needed.

Quote:
I think Kubiak deserves another year. What more do you want from him?.
I want consistency! Being consistently inconsistent isn't going to cut it! He's 8 yrs. in and has shown he can't cut it against the big boys. I want a team that plays all 4 quarters! I want a coach that does what he preaches! I want a coach that holds his players accountable! When a player misses 3 of 4 makeable FGs in a game we lost by 1 field goal I want Kubiak to hold him accountable! SCREW BULLOCK, THAT PORKY NO KICKING FAT WASTE OF SPACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE STREET AT LEAST 6 GAMES AGO!!! Am I asking for too much? I don't feel like I am, but what you say makes me feel like I am. Am I?

Quote:
Foster, Cushing, Tate, Jackson, Joseph, Mays, Manning, Daniels, and Reed are all hurt or gone in Reed's case. Then the backups we drafted like Brennan Williams, Trevardo Williams, Lemon, and Quessenberry, are all also on IR. Half of our team is hurt. .
Under Kubiak year to year we consistently have over 12 players, often key players, end up on IR or miss significant time. It is my belief that this may have something to do with how Kubiak works the players. Not only during practice, but during the game. This may also attribute to the huge drop-off in performance if he's favoring the starters practice time heavily.

Quote:
It is like blaming the Packers coach for them going down the drain without their whole OL, Cobb, Finley, and one of the best QB's in the game on the field right now..
Even with all the injuries you mentioned the Packers are still 5-5, Texans are 2-8.

Quote:
Vince Lambardi wouldn't be able to turn us around this year. We just have way too many pieces missing and that is part of football sometimes.
Vince would have never allowed us to get in the position we are in right now that we would need to turn it around. Injuries are a part of the game every team has them, the great ones are the ones that keep winning regardless of obstacles. The injuries suck, but it's on the coach to have the team ready and Kubiak doesn't.

I'm not closed minded. What are your reasons for wanting to keep Kubiak for another year? What leads you to think that next year will be different with him as our HC?

Last edited by datchapin : 11-22-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone blaming Schaub or the O-line in Keenum's case. I've made my arguments against Schaub years ago and they still stand. I'm not a U of H fan, so I guess I'm not one of they. Are you including the plays where he stretches the play like the TD pass against the Raiders to Graham? Are you saying Matt didn't make horrible throws throughout his career that should have been picked off? The last throw from Matt against the Raiders was a dropped Int. in the endzone. Granted the 27 (IIRC)yd sack Keenum took was horrendous, aside from that I haven't seen any that were distinctly attention grabbing. Even considering that 27 yd sack, on avg. Matt was loosing around 7 yds. a sack while Keenum avgd. around 11 yds. a sack. Granted, again, that Keenum has fumbled 4 times. Do you remember Schaub's first year? He had a 5 game streak where he fumbled 7 times. I didn't jump on him then and I'm not gonna jump on Keenum now. Both Schaub and Keenum have 8 TDs, Schaub has 9 turnovers compared to Keenums 3, that's including the lost fumbles. Looking at just those numbers who would you say is the more efficient QB? No mention of the O-line performance needed.

I want consistency! Being consistently inconsistent isn't going to cut it! He's 8 yrs. in and has shown he can't cut it against the big boys. I want a team that plays all 4 quarters! I want a coach that does what he preaches! I want a coach that holds his players accountable! When a player misses 3 of 4 makeable FGs in a game we lost by 1 field goal I want Kubiak to hold him accountable! SCREW BULLOCK, THAT PORKY NO KICKING FAT WASTE OF SPACE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE STREET AT LEAST 6 GAMES AGO!!! Am I asking for too much? I don't feel like I am, but what you say makes me feel like I am. Am I?

Under Kubiak year to year we consistently have over 12 players, often key players, end up on IR or miss significant time. It is my belief that this may have something to do with how Kubiak works the players. Not only during practice, but during the game. This may also attribute to the huge drop-off in performance if he's favoring the starters practice time heavily.

Even with all the injuries you mentioned the Packers are still 5-5, Texans are 2-8.

Vince would have never allowed us to get in the position we are in right now that we would need to turn it around. Injuries are a part of the game every team has them, the great ones are the ones that keep winning regardless of obstacles. The injuries suck, but it's on the coach to have the team ready and Kubiak doesn't.

I'm not closed minded. What are your reasons for wanting to keep Kubiak for another year? What leads you to think that next year will be different with him as our HC?
I would gladly take Bridgewater if that is the position we are in. I would take Schaub 100 times out of 100 over Keenum though. Schaub does have turnovers but they are plays the defense has made. For Keenum, he has thrown them straight into their hands and they dropped them. He should have 4-5 pick 6's in his 3 games from throws where he couldn't have handed the ball to the defender any better than he has and yet the defense has still dropped them. Yes, the last throw by Schaub was a bad pass but Keenum made a horrible pass right to Patrick Peterson where AJ miraculously came down with it off of the bobble and everyone was saying, "you have AJ so it is always a good throw to take a chance he will come down with it." If that was Keenum in that situation then everyone would blame the OL for not blocking well enough. Keenum holds onto the ball way too long and out of all of his fumbles and sacks, he has one good play to show for it which is the Graham pass the last game. Schaub has less TD's because he doesn't throw it 48 times a game like Keenum does. Keenum completes maybe 20 of those passes for one of the worst completion percentages in the league. Geno Smith has a better number than Keenum.

At the same time, take Brady away from the Pats and see how good of a coach Belichick becomes. I bet they lose the remainder of the games without him. It took having one of the most insane teams in history to be able to compete with Cassel at QB. They definitely would lose out with Brady out this year and all of their rookies they are playing You take away the coach's best players and all of them are going to lose. Yes, the Packers are 5-5 but they have been blown out in all 3 games that they have been without their best player(s). You do that to every team and they are going to immediately go down hill.

If it were me, I would keep Kubiak one more season.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
I would gladly take Bridgewater if that is the position we are in. I would take Schaub 100 times out of 100 over Keenum though. Schaub does have turnovers but they are plays the defense has made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsTAJn7Ezg Schaub int.

I would say 2 of the Ints. were defense going above and beyond to get the ball. All the other plays were bad throws, telegraphing the pass, or bad decisions. Just this season.

Quote:
For Keenum, he has thrown them straight into their hands and they dropped them. He should have 4-5 pick 6's in his 3 games from throws where he couldn't have handed the ball to the defender any better than he has and yet the defense has still dropped them.
Hmmm, woulda shoulda don't really matter. Schaub has a number of balls dropped that could have been intercepted. Our D has dropped balls that should have been intercepted. None of those play into the bottom line so I won't follow up on any of these arguments.

Quote:
Yes, the last throw by Schaub was a bad pass but Keenum made a horrible pass right to Patrick Peterson where AJ miraculously came down with it off of the bobble and everyone was saying, "you have AJ so it is always a good throw to take a chance he will come down with it."
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-of-TD-catches AJ AZ TDs

Peterson was lucky to get 1 hand on it. Johnson was in better position and if, if Peterson was able to come down with the ball that would have been an int. I would have attributed to Peterson's defensive acumen, not a bad decision by Keenum.

Quote:
If that was Keenum in that situation then everyone would blame the OL for not blocking well enough.
I thought that was Keenum in that situation. I guess you mean Schaub, but Schaub doesn't make that throw so that's a moot point.

Quote:
Keenum holds onto the ball way too long and out of all of his fumbles and sacks, he has one good play to show for it which is the Graham pass the last game. Schaub has less TD's because he doesn't throw it 48 times a game like Keenum does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2geX6GgE8Dg Keenum v. Colts

He has more than one good play that one can attribute to him.

Keenum on avg. throws 36 passes per game. I averaged that out over 3.5 games to be more accurate. If I avg. it out to 4 games that drops to 31.5. Schaub on the other hand in 5 complete games attempted an avg. of 42 passes per game. Your argument for Schaub's fewer TD's doesn't hold water.

Quote:
Keenum completes maybe 20 of those passes for one of the worst completion percentages in the league. Geno Smith has a better number than Keenum.
Smith has double the number of Ints as he has TDs. Schaub completes a number of check downs to keep his pct. higher and he also had a better running game that kept defenses honest. Keenum needs to improve his completion pct. no argument there. I would like to see Keenum get some more games under his before making a judgement on his completion pct.

Quote:
At the same time, take Brady away from the Pats and see how good of a coach Belichick becomes. I bet they lose the remainder of the games without him. It took having one of the most insane teams in history to be able to compete with Cassel at QB. They definitely would lose out with Brady out this year and all of their rookies they are playing You take away the coach's best players and all of them are going to lose. Yes, the Packers are 5-5 but they have been blown out in all 3 games that they have been without their best player(s). You do that to every team and they are going to immediately go down hill.
How many marquee players does Belichick have now or previously aside from Brady? So what made the Cassel led year insanely good? Belichicks thumbprint, his discipline, his gameplanning, his ability to put the team in a position to win. Conjecture, they would loose out without Brady, is just that conjecture. I don't doubt their level of play would go down, but I know that the infrastructure Belichick has put in place would prevent their performance from plummeting.

I'm not denying that injuries have an impact on the game. Regardless of injuries the team has to keep playing and seeing the team unprepared the way the Texans have been falls squarely on the coach IMO.

The Packers have not lost any games this season by more than 2 TD's. How do you define blowout losses?

Quote:
If it were me, I would keep Kubiak one more season.
Why?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsTAJn7Ezg Schaub int.

I would say 2 of the Ints. were defense going above and beyond to get the ball. All the other plays were bad throws, telegraphing the pass, or bad decisions. Just this season.

Hmmm, woulda shoulda don't really matter. Schaub has a number of balls dropped that could have been intercepted. Our D has dropped balls that should have been intercepted. None of those play into the bottom line so I won't follow up on any of these arguments.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-of-TD-catches AJ AZ TDs

Peterson was lucky to get 1 hand on it. Johnson was in better position and if, if Peterson was able to come down with the ball that would have been an int. I would have attributed to Peterson's defensive acumen, not a bad decision by Keenum.

I thought that was Keenum in that situation. I guess you mean Schaub, but Schaub doesn't make that throw so that's a moot point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2geX6GgE8Dg Keenum v. Colts

He has more than one good play that one can attribute to him.

Keenum on avg. throws 36 passes per game. I averaged that out over 3.5 games to be more accurate. If I avg. it out to 4 games that drops to 31.5. Schaub on the other hand in 5 complete games attempted an avg. of 42 passes per game. Your argument for Schaub's fewer TD's doesn't hold water.

Smith has double the number of Ints as he has TDs. Schaub completes a number of check downs to keep his pct. higher and he also had a better running game that kept defenses honest. Keenum needs to improve his completion pct. no argument there. I would like to see Keenum get some more games under his before making a judgement on his completion pct.

How many marquee players does Belichick have now or previously aside from Brady? So what made the Cassel led year insanely good? Belichicks thumbprint, his discipline, his gameplanning, his ability to put the team in a position to win. Conjecture, they would loose out without Brady, is just that conjecture. I don't doubt their level of play would go down, but I know that the infrastructure Belichick has put in place would prevent their performance from plummeting.

I'm not denying that injuries have an impact on the game. Regardless of injuries the team has to keep playing and seeing the team unprepared the way the Texans have been falls squarely on the coach IMO.

The Packers have not lost any games this season by more than 2 TD's. How do you define blowout losses?

Why?
Woulda, coulda, shoulda? So it is okay for Keenum to throw awful passes if the defense plays even worse than he does and drops the ball? Yes, our defense has missed plays and they have been terrible as well.

Peterson was lucky to get a hand on the ball? He had perfect position, but because Keenum was bailed out it is all of a sudden a great throw on his part? Had Schaub's "almost pick 6" against the Raiders been tipped and then caught by AJ then no one would say how it was a great throw? Oh, and you said in your last post about how Schaub pretty much threw a pick at the end to the Raiders but then started off your argument against Keenum by saying "shoulda, woulda, coulda." Once again, people treat Schaub completely different for the same things that happen to Keenum. For Schaub it is pitiful and Keenum it is the OL's fault.

I was talking about how if Keenum was in the same position as Schaub and the defense converted those awful passes to Td's then people would blame the OL instead of the throws by Keenum. Schaub doesn't average 42 passes a game. It is at like 25-26 or so. While Keenum is up to 36 or 37. If anything, what you mentioned is a reason to keep Kubiak another year. We have had to go from a team that is all about the ZBS, beating your OL, and owning the line of scrimmage, to a team that has to score a lot of points to win. That isn't us and has never been us. If you want someone to fire then fire Rick Smith because he let our OL go so we could sign Cushing. That is all cool but then draft some OL talent. We passed on Zietler and Cordy Glenn for Mercilus a few years ago if I remember correctly.

Oh, and what happened to Cushing wasn't the fault of a coach that works him too hard in practice. If that is even possible in the first place. I saw that play and saw from a mile away that Charles was going to cut block him but Cushing decided he could run threw him and it doesn't work that way.

The rest of my long post got deleted when the site made me resign in for taking too long and then it wouldn't work. I had saved it up to here in case that happened but forgot to save it at the end. Oh well. I will add the rest tomorrow and hopefully the Texans play better against the Jags. I had a chance to get 2 club level seats and a parking pass for $100 but couldn't find anyone willing to go with me and even if they got in for free. Man, we sure have a lot of bandwagon fans.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-24-2013 at 03:58 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Still going to stand up for your boy again? He yet again ran backwards 20+ yards for a sack and also threw another gift right into the hands of the defense that was also dropped. He should have 7-8 picks in 4 games. I don't even need to finish my last post. Keenum was absolutely terrible, Hopkins sucks, Martin sucks, and Posey sucks. Oh, and Tate should be put on IR which is yet another reason why Kubiak deserves another year.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Woulda, coulda, shoulda? So it is okay for Keenum to throw awful passes if the defense plays even worse than he does and drops the ball? Yes, our defense has missed plays and they have been terrible as well.
No it's not "ok". I never said that. Every QB is going to have near picks.

Quote:
Peterson was lucky to get a hand on the ball? He had perfect position, but because Keenum was bailed out it is all of a sudden a great throw on his part? Had Schaub's "almost pick 6" against the Raiders been tipped and then caught by AJ then no one would say how it was a great throw? Oh, and you said in your last post about how Schaub pretty much threw a pick at the end to the Raiders but then started off your argument against Keenum by saying "shoulda, woulda, coulda."
Peterson had to work to get a hand on the ball. Obviously it was not perfect position to catch it otherwise he would have come down with it an not Johnson. Johnson was in a better position. I never said it was a great throw.

Keenum threw a pass that was tipped and landed in Hopkins hands. That was a garbage throw with a lucky out come. Had Schaub's near int. been tipped and fallen in Johnson's hand it would have also been a garbage throw with a great outcome. I pointed that play out because you had been talking like Keenum is the only QB that has near ints. and Schaub didn't.

Quote:
Once again, people treat Schaub completely different for the same things that happen to Keenum. For Schaub it is pitiful and Keenum it is the OL's fault. I was talking about how if Keenum was in the same position as Schaub and the defense converted those awful passes to Td's then people would blame the OL instead of the throws by Keenum.
I've not put anything on the O-line other then their inability to block and that is subpar regardless of who's behind center. Yes, I do treat them differently. I've watched Schaub his entire time on the Texans. I was not always down on him, but after watching him long enough, I know he's not the answer. Schaub frustrates me and leaves much to be desired, but I have never to my recollection called him pitiful. By the same token I have never said Keenum is great.

Quote:
Schaub doesn't average 42 passes a game. It is at like 25-26 or so. While Keenum is up to 36 or 37.
I took the five full games this season and averaged them out for Schaub. If you want to do his career that's fine, but I doubt it'll be as low as 25-26 attempts per game. I doubt it'll be below 35 feel free to prove me wrong. Nevermind, as per NFL.com Stats Matt Schaub averages 36.9 attempts per game. I don't know if they count the games where he left or had limited playing time. Keenum averages 32.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1

Quote:
If anything, what you mentioned is a reason to keep Kubiak another year. We have had to go from a team that is all about the ZBS, beating your OL, and owning the line of scrimmage, to a team that has to score a lot of points to win. That isn't us and has never been us. If you want someone to fire then fire Rick Smith because he let our OL go so we could sign Cushing. That is all cool but then draft some OL talent. We passed on Zietler and Cordy Glenn for Mercilus a few years ago if I remember correctly.
How is anything I mentioned a reason to keep Kubiak? We are 30th in scoring this yr. apparently they don't keep track of scoring avg./rank historically so I didn't know where to find that stat, but per year since Kubiak has been here not including the 1st yr. they've averaged 40-46 TDs per season. With 09',12' both scoring 46 TDs. This yr. we're on pace to maybe mid 30s. We don't need to score more than we had to in the past if we had a few more TD's we would have a few more wins. Then again we have not been able to punch it in consistently when we had to. I don't know when we ever owned the line of scrimmage, that isn't us and has never been us. You act like I don't want to see Smith fired. I'd love to see McNair clean house, but the problem I see is McNair doesn't know how to put together a winning organization so I think there's a possibility he keeps Smith. Please keep in mind that Smith was a Kubiak hire.

Quote:
Oh, and what happened to Cushing wasn't the fault of a coach that works him too hard in practice. If that is even possible in the first place. I saw that play and saw from a mile away that Charles was going to cut block him but Cushing decided he could run threw him and it doesn't work that way.
I didn't use Cushing as an example. I'm not including freak accidents. I don't believe in being jinxed. The Texans consistently have a high number of injuries year in and year out. Something, I don't know what, has to be attributing to that. I'm not ruling out something to do with the coaching. I never said it was because they practiced too hard. I don't know how hard he makes them work. However if he favors the starters more heavily the probability of injury is higher and the lack of practice for backups would create a much greater dropoff in performance. I believe this because anytime a back-up goes in for a key player he looks unprepared, like a deer caught in the headlights.

Quote:
The rest of my long post got deleted when the site made me resign in for taking too long and then it wouldn't work. I had saved it up to here in case that happened but forgot to save it at the end. Oh well. I will add the rest tomorrow and hopefully the Texans play better against the Jags. I had a chance to get 2 club level seats and a parking pass for $100 but couldn't find anyone willing to go with me and even if they got in for free. Man, we sure have a lot of bandwagon fans.
Sorry you lost the rest of your post. I wish I'd known, I have some friends that may have taken you up on that offer.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys get the defense to drop interceptions. Acknowledge it because it IS an important QB attribute.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Still going to stand up for your boy again? He yet again ran backwards 20+ yards for a sack and also threw another gift right into the hands of the defense that was also dropped. He should have 7-8 picks in 4 games. I don't even need to finish my last post. Keenum was absolutely terrible, Hopkins sucks, Martin sucks, and Posey sucks. Oh, and Tate should be put on IR which is yet another reason why Kubiak deserves another year.
Keenum is not "my boy". The entire team sucks. We are arguably the worst team in the league right now. Even AJ concedes this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...st-team-in-nfl

I feel for AJ and our few good players because they deserve better.

Kubiak hides injuries and puts players out there when they are better served recovering. How is Tate being on the field a reason to keep Kubiak? Tate has had fumble problems and D. Johnson outplayed him last game. If anything Kubiak bears responsibility for putting an injured player on the field.

Kubiak was brought in because he was considered a quarterback "guru". He looked at Carr and said he could "fix" him. No dice. Schaub was brought in and after 5+ yrs. he still makes poor decisions, has mechanic issues, and falls under pressure. For every 2 TDs he throws he has an interception. That is not the ratio I expect from ANY quarterback that plays for a guru. Kubiak says he makes his players compete, but who has he brought in to compete with Schaub? Rosenfels, Yates, Keenum, Leinart, and Grossman. The last two failures before they even suited up for us. Schaub's injury history would lead one to believe that bringing in better competition/talent would be of higher priority. Yet we now find the Texans with a huge question mark at QB! Kubiak has had opportunities to bring in better talent, he could have drafted a QB in the higher rounds, but he didn't he gave his blessings on Schaub's extension and it's a done deal.

He stresses that we need to run the ball efficiently, but consistently gets away from the run too early or doesn't do it enough.

He brought in Gibbs to fix the o-line and that was great, but the past couple of years the o-line has been regressing. Kubiak didn't exactly put up a fight to keep the linemen that left. He comes from a plug and play system where linemen are taken in the later rounds. Did you really think he was going to make offensive linemen a priority?

If McNair didn't put the pressure on to fire our DCs it's likely we would have never sniffed the playoffs. The owner had to point this out to Kubiak. Kubiak looked like a whipped dog when Bush was fired. IS THAT THE ATTITUDE OF A COACH THAT MAKES DECISIONS TO WIN?!

The Texans have never consistently played full games. They are a 1 half team. Kubiak does not make good adjustments at the half. We are good at putting up yards, but not points. We can beat mediocre teams and once in a while beat a good team, but usually we get embarrassed by better teams. We still, STILL, do not have an efficient 2 minute offense. We have been bad in the redzone on both sides of the ball with Kubiak. We have been watching this Kubiak led team going on 7 years. SEVEN EFFIN YEARS!! What pray tell has Kubiak done to deserve another year? All I hear are excuses for his not succeeding, but what, what has he done to deserve another year?!

As a person, he seems like a great guy, but as a coach he ain't cutting it.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Some guys get the defense to drop interceptions. Acknowledge it because it IS an important QB attribute.
Can you please elaborate?
Old 12-01-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

This Pats game is going to be tough to watch. There are a lot of Pats fans in my area. I don't really have much faith in our QB(s) having luck against their D. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see a couple more wins before the end of the season.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Texans bring in a win this sunday!!! :D

EDIT: Help a fellow AFC south team out.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Okay guys, the day has finally come! I have jumped on the Keenum bandwagon........strictly because I have realized he gives us the best chance at the #1 pick.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Last edited by jayceheathman : 12-06-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Kubiak is out!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ans-head-coach

3 years too late, but hey who's counting. Man, that is awesome!! I'm already starting to feel refreshed. hahahahaha!

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Is he really that good? Please break it down for me. I just don't see him as 1st pick worthy. I don't argue we need an upgrade at QB, but is Bridgewater really the answer with the top pick?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Is he really that good? Please break it down for me. I just don't see him as 1st pick worthy. I don't argue we need an upgrade at QB, but is Bridgewater really the answer with the top pick?
I think he is that good. I believe he has something like a 71% completion percentage and has only 4 picks all year. As Scott has said, he is a big cerebral player and knows the game really well. I am not a big fan of Bortles but I do like Carr. Granted, would we go down that road again? Hundley needs to return in my opinion.

What would you do with the pick? I think we have two options. 1) Pick Teddy and 2) Trade down and get a ton of picks. I wonder what we could get with Mettenberger tearing his ACL and Mariota returning to school. If Hundley also returns then we could see a lot of good offers to move down. I can't see us doing like we did a few years ago and going with the freak DE in Clowney. 1) JJ fits perfectly in the 3-4 so why change schemes and make him a 4-3 DE? 2) Could Clowney even be an OLB? Why even risk that he would be a good OLB when Barr is in the draft and is also a freak athlete and knows the position?

Last edited by jayceheathman : 12-09-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the basics of kubiak passing attack
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
What are the basics of kubiak passing attack
Play action passes with the TE rolling out and one WR doing a go route. He loved that play. Schaub was always doing boot legs and looking for Owen Daniels. I'm sure he will stick with it with Rice being able to get the defense to bite on the fake and Smith having the speed to burn people deep. Dennis Pitta is the happiest guy in Baltimore right now.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 02-02-2014 at 01:44 AM.