Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-07-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rally/concert for Sporting KC last night was pretty awesome and the crowd for the game is just nuts. Wish I could have gone, but tickets were running $300.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Championship!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Championship!
you mean cup win.

the shield is the championship
Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to miss Berbatov at Fulham. His through ball to Kaca was so nice. Interesting penalty call on it, but I'll take it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yeah, that was a great play by Osvaldo. You could definitely feel that one was coming, I guess that's one way to do it.

They won't have many sequences in the schedule as easy as this, but Palace has suddenly won 3 of 4 under Pulis.
Pulis will keep them up, I think. It will be ugly as all hell though. Hiring Pulis is the equivalent of taking out a loan with Wonga.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everton look awesome. No goal to show for it, but these opening 12 minutes have been domination.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Home draw.....

Cardiff...ahh. At least it's home.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Home draw.....

Cardiff...ahh. At least it's home.
Playing a BPL team is less than ideal, but at least it is home. I'd honestly take a home game against a crappy BPL team than an away to a feisty Championship side.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurs v Arsenal in the FA Cup. Seems like more of a semi-final type match to me...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurs are horrible anyway.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Spurs are horrible anyway.
I hate you almost as much as I hate Brody right now.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I hate you almost as much as I hate Brody right now.
Don't be so mean.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Spurs really need a beast of a striker. Lukaku would be a perfect lone striker for them. Soldado has a lot of good qualities, just isn't athletic enough for the English game.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Don't be so mean.
You made me do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Spurs really need a beast of a striker. Lukaku would be a perfect lone striker for them. Soldado has a lot of good qualities, just isn't athletic enough for the English game.
There are so many things wrong with the Spurs attack. Soldado is a finisher who has barely been fed the ball. He isn't a striker who will create opportunities, he needs to be fed them. Spurs have not done that at all sadly. AVB finally scrapped the inside forward tactic against Sunderland and there were so many more opportunities given to defoe who lacked the final touch Soldado has. Obviously a striker the calibre of Lukaku would help, but bringing in a new guy won't solve the problem that exists.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post

There are so many things wrong with the Spurs attack. Soldado is a finisher who has barely been fed the ball. He isn't a striker who will create opportunities, he needs to be fed them. Spurs have not done that at all sadly. AVB finally scrapped the inside forward tactic against Sunderland and there were so many more opportunities given to defoe who lacked the final touch Soldado has. Obviously a striker the calibre of Lukaku would help, but bringing in a new guy won't solve the problem that exists.
I think a proper lone striker would help Spurs a ton. Especially in terms of hold up play....Soldado is hopelessly outgunned athletically in the Prem and has no shot of holding the ball up to bring all of your talented midfielders into play.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was basically me the whole day, yesterday.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think a proper lone striker would help Spurs a ton. Especially in terms of hold up play....Soldado is hopelessly outgunned athletically in the Prem and has no shot of holding the ball up to bring all of your talented midfielders into play.
I don't care who the striker is, the way the team has been playing nobody would have been scoring a tonne of goals. The delivery has been so much better the past two games so it'll be nice to see how that progresses before the transfer window opens. That said, I'd advocate bringing in a 3rd striker (lolz adebayor) regardless of what happens. We need a young guy to learn behind the older guys.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Poor Jovetic is dying a slow death at City. City has ruined/is currently ruining so many players that I like.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a fricking mess in Brazil.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rial&hpt=hp_t2

@eaamalyon
Follow

Atletico PR v Vasco getting hideous. Riot police with shotguns dispersing fighting fans after only 10 mins

Players and coaches visibly upset watching the carnage in the stands. Explosions, shotguns, the lot going on here
1:25 PM - 8 Dec 2013

@DonnaBow
Follow

Had been 60 military police around Joinville stadium, 20 on horseback, says Zero Hora. For a relegation decider.

First responders had to act quickly in order to defuse the situation and bring those who were injured back to safety.

As seen in this photo courtesy of Malyon, an injured fan was carried away on a stretcher.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebo...joinville.html
Globo Esporte provided a gallery of several more disturbing images from the riot.

Atletico players talked about the violence, via Malyon:

"They were trying to escape the Atletico fans," said defender Luiz Alberto. "We saw a young lad laying down, getting kicked, being hit by blocks of wood. He is a human being. This needs to stop. We asked them to stop, and they did not listen to us "

Teammate Wendel added, "[T]his is so sad... there are no words for it.

"There are people on the ground, I don't know what has happened to them"

@seeadarkness
Follow

No police inside stadium, only private security. Apparently law in Santa Catarina that police can't provide security at "private event".
1:38 PM - 8 Dec 2013
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Brazil Argentina WC final is going to get so ugly.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

It's ok because it won't happen. Spain will prevail.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it saddens me the oranje won't make it out of their group.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

City beating Bayern was pretty dang cool. One more would have taken the group, but I'm just happy with the good showing.

CSKA didn't even make Europa, huh?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
It's ok because it won't happen. Spain will prevail.
Any result that doesn't end in Brazil winning is going to be ugly.