Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drafted Jordy and then traded for AR and Lacy. I know it's not smart to go all-in on one team, but I figured I'd be fine as long as Rodgers didn't get injured. Well, oops...

I can't match your #3. That just sucks. We've had three bad seasons in 20 years? It sucks that this season went downhill.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news...the Bears lost

THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
In other news...the Bears lost

THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!!
That is hope.
We control the Bears destiny.

Now we need the Vikings to also knock off the Lions in Minny final game ever in that Metrodome, or 2 of: Eagles, Giants, Ravens to beat Detroit. And it CAN happen.
They Lions certainly can lose 2 of them.

Had we just gotten a TD to beat Minny, we'd only need to make up one game, not two.

But that all being said, we:
A) need Rodgers back now and:
B) need to win 1-2-3-4 in a row. Then 4 more in the post-season.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Had we just gotten a TD to beat Minny, we'd only need to make up one game, not two.
Actually, that's not exactly true. The Lions are 4-1 in division play, we are 2-2-1. Even with the win we'd be 3-2 instead. That means the Lions would have to lose to the Vikings and another team, specifically, to bring us even in tiebreakers.

Then comes common opponents, to which the Vikings would have a one game advantage currently. Assuming they go 2-2 and we go 4-0, the only way we tie and don't lose this tiebreaker involves them losing to the Ravens. As the other loss has to be to the Vikings, that makes their two wins against the Giants and Eagles (meaning they'd keep the 1 game advantage.) Unfortunately, that means they would win both the common opponent AND the NEXT tiebreaker of conference record which they would be currently leading by 2 games.

So the Vikings tie ended up as good as a win, unless we're assuming the Lions lose three more and we lose one more. Which is way too complicated.

I'm not sure how much solace that offers, but there you go.

The Bears are irrelevant from speculation. We still have a game remaining that we need to win against them, meaning we control our destiny there.

The game that I circle as our season dying was the Cincy loss. We had that game wrapped up with a bow in the fourth and our team just completely let off the gas. We had so many opportunities to end that game and failed, utterly. A win there and we're a half game down on the Lions.

I mean, yeah, I'd circle our four utterly pathetic losses as the reason our season died but I'm trying to pretend they never happened. Never have I seen a team, almost as a whole, play such deflated, bad football. When the only guy on your team stepping up when it's most needed is a rookie runner getting BLASTED on every play, that's not a good sign.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pack signed RB Khalil Bell to the 53 man roster and have released S Jerron McMillian

I had high hopes for McMillian heading into this season to. What a fall for him. You had to figure that things werent' good when he couldn't even beat out MD Jennings, who is downright horrible
Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's disappointing. I'd still really like to see Hyde at Safety, but I think we need to use a second or third round pick on somebody, if there's a solid prospect available.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSS!!!!!! Finally Mcmillian is gone!!! guys just made no plays and been abused all year long
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McMillian was always a bit of an odd pick. I don't think any of us were all that excited about drafting him, but got a bit hopeful that he'd be a great physical presence for us. He ended up being a poor tackler and terrible coverage guy.

Someone I think we really want to see as the starting safety alongside Burnett is Sean Richardson. He is a very enticing size/speed combination who was a very nice college player. You have to hope that alone makes him better than Jennings.

Rodgers doesn't sound very likely for this week. Wow. Ouch.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-03-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes two blunders for TT this offseason:

1) He botched the backup QB situation as has been discussed thoroughly

2) Both he and McCarthy missed on their evaluations of McMillian and Jennings. Maybe they thought Richardson would emerge but considering the type of injury he had I can't believe they were banking on that. Not bringing in another safety to compete has proven to be a mistake. McMillian has now been released and Jennings is starting by default.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are right.
Those were all big, don't under-estimate how big, mistakes.
They cost us games this season.
Charles Woodson was missed, slower than McMillian or not, he would have been 10x better than Jeron.
And no, NONE of you, were excited about the draft pick of McMillian in the 4th ROUND.... because nobody had him rated higher than a late-round/UFA prospect.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The good news?
We have moved up here, and can move up a lot, easily into the top-10.
With losses to Atlanta & Pittsburgh, the Packers can get a very high pick.
That tie to Minny screwed us.

Round 1

1. Houston (2-10)
2. Jacksonville (3-9)
3. St. Louis - from Washington (3-9)
4. Atlanta (3-9)
5. Tampa Bay (3-9)
6. Minnesota (3-8-1)
7. Cleveland (4-8)
8. Oakland (4-8)
9. Buffalo (4-8)
10. Pittsburgh (5-7)
11. New York Jets (5-7)
12. Tennessee (5-7)
13. San Diego (5-7)
14. New York Giants (5-7)
15. St. Louis (5-7)
16. Green Bay (5-6-1)
17. Chicago (6-6)

And I hate the 16th spot. It makes me think of Justin Harrell for some reason.
Give me the #8 pick please.
Or let us win-out and finish 9-6-1 and beat the Lions by a half-game.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rodgers doesn't play the rest of the year, I am confident we will finish no better than 6-9-1. That record would give us a top 12 selection.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If Rodgers doesn't play the rest of the year, I am confident we will finish no better than 6-9-1. That record would give us a top 12 selection.
I agree with that.
I can't see us winning 2 of 4 without Rodgers.
One would surprise me.

I think Atlanta will out-physical us this week.... then we have at Dallas, where I will suffer thru at the game and see a blowout loss.
Then Pittsburgh, and then at Chicago.

I either want to go 4-0, or 0-4.
No in between.

Are there any immediate impact safeties for us at around 9-12 range this draft?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I hope they just lose out now tbh. Even if by a miracle they made the playoffs, they wouldn't even win a game. Time to tank. Take a lesson from the Texans.

Eric Cartman, not only an ignorant child on south park.
jack1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
jack1077
Rookie

jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jack1077 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I agree with that.
I can't see us winning 2 of 4 without Rodgers.
One would surprise me.

I think Atlanta will out-physical us this week.... then we have at Dallas, where I will suffer thru at the game and see a blowout loss.
Then Pittsburgh, and then at Chicago.

I either want to go 4-0, or 0-4.
No in between.

Are there any immediate impact safeties for us at around 9-12 range this draft?
I'm interested in a new ILB. Get. Rid. Of. Hawk. And. Jones. Please.

Eric Cartman, not only an ignorant child on south park.
jack1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers will be our starting quarterback next week...he's gotta be!

Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need 3 wins and a Detroit loss...C'mon Aaron!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he returns next week they seriously have a great shot lol

didn't win for over a month and STILL only half a game out of 1st
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!?!?!

Wow. We are literally RIGHT. BACK. IN. IT.

Half game down, 3 to go. RODGERS PLEASE COME SAVE US.

I don't think the Lions can manage 3 wins in a row. I think we win out, we are in.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

BJ Raji has become a non-factor for our defense...Johnny Jolly is a BEAST

Old 12-08-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Raji, Pickett, Mike Neal can all leave after this season. James Jones will probably have to go to even though I'd love if they can bring him back, but Jordy and Cobb need extensions and they are better than Jones
Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Raji, Pickett, Mike Neal can all leave after this season. James Jones will probably have to go to even though I'd love if they can bring him back, but Jordy and Cobb need extensions and they are better than Jones
Especially with what Boykin has shown. Just can't pay everyone.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Boykin is an upgrade over Jones, anyway, and a guy we need to have see the field. His hands are the best on the team, in my opinion, and he seems to show up in big moments.

Raji should have bit on the contract we offered him. He's soft and hopefully gone.

Pickett is gone.

Neal is one I wouldn't mind keeping, actually. He's shown flashes as a pass rusher from the 3-4 spot and you can never have enough of those.

I have liked what I've seen from Quarless lately. He went from a non-factor in the passing game to really getting some open looks. Do I buy him as our best option at TE? No. Do I buy him as an excellent #2 TE or someone we can run with as we train a rookie? Absolutely.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I want to keep Neal. He shouldn't cost much.

I think we can keep Jones too. He shouldn't command more interest than he had before, as he's now on the wrong side of 30.

Raji can hit the road as far as I am concerned too..... that waste of money.... can use that to pay a few guys who have more impact.

I HAVE A SUITE THIS WEEK in Dallas here, and cannot believe now that it will mean a lot.
Please Rodgers, weld that $*#&$(* collarbone back together now alright?

And I hope the Cowboys Bears tomorrow night is a brutally physical, long game.... and hope the weather is so bad afterwards the Cows are stuck overnight in the windy city.
Mess em all up.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Boykin is an upgrade over Jones, anyway, and a guy we need to have see the field. His hands are the best on the team, in my opinion, and he seems to show up in big moments.

Raji should have bit on the contract we offered him. He's soft and hopefully gone.

Pickett is gone.

Neal is one I wouldn't mind keeping, actually. He's shown flashes as a pass rusher from the 3-4 spot and you can never have enough of those.

I have liked what I've seen from Quarless lately. He went from a non-factor in the passing game to really getting some open looks. Do I buy him as our best option at TE? No. Do I buy him as an excellent #2 TE or someone we can run with as we train a rookie? Absolutely.
Boykin is not better than Jones, but he's still showing to be pretty good and well, they can't pay them all and Jordy/Cobb>>>>Jones when it comes to importance so Jones is the odd man out

Neal has shown some as a rusher but he's still too slow in space and I believe is one of the leaders on the team in missed tackles