Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-16-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
shipraider21
Rookie

shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Avery Coleman, CB, Shippensburg

NFL Draft Scout page: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=CB

Hey guys I've been checking out this community for a few weeks now and wanted to get some of your thoughts on my highlight tape. Before you say it, I know and agree that you can't fully accurately scout solely on highlight tapes but since I wouldn't be allowed to post game film on here for now, this is the best I can do. We actually played on national tv against Bloomsburg this year if anyone wants to look that up it was on cbs college sports network on halloween.

Roster bio: http://www2.shipraiders.com/roster.a...d=4448&path=fb

Anyway, I'm in the process of hiring an agent and have gotten some good feedback from some people who's opinions matter. Been first team all league the past 2 years and also first team all region. 4 year starter had 46 straight starts, never missed one game my whole college career. I'm 5'10, 185 but probably bulking up to 190-195 for combine season. have run as fast as 4.42 40, have a 41' vert and have some other numbers (from jr year of hs) here:

http://arizona.scout.com/a.z?s=106&p=8&c=1&nid=3053776

The opinions I've seen on this forum have been pretty solid and respectable and I would love to have some comments/opinions on my play, any and all comments or questions are welcome and encouraged thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFy911S7Nj4

and yes Shippensburg is the same school that produced former falcons and current dolphins CB Brent Grimes
shipraider21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also John Kuhn.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

Good luck man. You know Mike Brown, right?
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
shipraider21
Rookie

shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
Good luck man. You know Mike Brown, right?
yeap WR on the team hes a good friend
Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that's a great highlight tape. I also looked a little at IUP vs Shipp. I hope you can bulk up without losing speed and quickness. Good luck, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

impressive tape! watching that straight away i thought free safety. have you played there before? would you be comfortable making a switch?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IUP alum wishing you the best!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough to evaluate your game completely with just a highlight tape as you said. There are some things I love. Especially your ability and desire to tackle. There are also some textbook drives on the ball that I love - DJ Hayden-like. You have strong hands/arms for a smaller player as the tape shows you disengaging well from stalk blocks. I don't see you playing much man in those tapes due to a probably zone heavy scheme, and that's not your fault, but you need to do all you can to sell to teams that you can play man - and on slot receivers.

The reality is that you'll be looked at as a special teamer/sub package player due to your size and school. If I were you I'd embrace the role of super special teamer. As someone who can cover kicks, be a gunner on punt, and press as a corner on punt return. That's your ticket to camp. Hopefully from there you can work your way to a dime/nickel job and maybe even outside as I'm sure you feel most comfortable at RCB. You have good instincts and quicks as a zone corner and I like your eye discipline in the highlights especially as you transition from eyes on QB to in phase with the WR - maintaining your leverage relationship with the receiver and ultimately playing the ball. Remember, one of Nick Saban's pre-requisites questions for DBs is "can he judge the ball in the air." I don't see you misjudging any, but obviously that's a highlight tape. I also love the play recognition and diagnosing of plays - you look pretty special and like a player who understands how to watch film with some of those plays. I'm sure your coaches have praised you after drilling it into your head to "trust your eyes." If you do make it to the NFL, that will be more truer than ever with how much faster the game is.

With all those positives said, I haven't seen any of your lowlights, so I don't know how you handled red zone situations or stacked up against big receivers down-in-and down-out. I'm sure you've gotten beat and NFL teams will see that. The truth is that demand in the NFL is big, long, man corners right now. And tackling isn't as valued as it probably should be. As a football fan, I love your game. But you're fighting a battle that's not going to be easy at all.

I'm curious as to why the only Punt return CB plays you included were against a tight punt set? How did you fare out on an island? As a part of a double-team? Teams are going to evaluate your full game film. Based on what I've seen of you, you have the disposition to be an effective PR CB but I'm wondering why you didn't include any textbook jams at the line and stalk blocks down the field against wide gunners? Maybe because they aren't flashy highlights like the two pancakes.

If you really run under a 4.5, put on the bulk you said you will, and show well in drills for scouts at any all star games, regional combines, and/or pro days, I think you have a shot to get drafted. A very good shot if you have good full game special teams tape. But all I saw were the few highlights.

Good luck. I'll be rooting for you during the draft process.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
shipraider21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Tough to evaluate your game completely with just a highlight tape as you said. There are some things I love. Especially your ability and desire to tackle. There are also some textbook drives on the ball that I love - DJ Hayden-like. You have strong hands/arms for a smaller player as the tape shows you disengaging well from stalk blocks. I don't see you playing much man in those tapes due to a probably zone heavy scheme, and that's not your fault, but you need to do all you can to sell to teams that you can play man - and on slot receivers.

The reality is that you'll be looked at as a special teamer/sub package player due to your size and school. If I were you I'd embrace the role of super special teamer. As someone who can cover kicks, be a gunner on punt, and press as a corner on punt return. That's your ticket to camp. Hopefully from there you can work your way to a dime/nickel job and maybe even outside as I'm sure you feel most comfortable at RCB. You have good instincts and quicks as a zone corner and I like your eye discipline in the highlights especially as you transition from eyes on QB to in phase with the WR - maintaining your leverage relationship with the receiver and ultimately playing the ball. Remember, one of Nick Saban's pre-requisites questions for DBs is "can he judge the ball in the air." I don't see you misjudging any, but obviously that's a highlight tape. I also love the play recognition and diagnosing of plays - you look pretty special and like a player who understands how to watch film with some of those plays. I'm sure your coaches have praised you after drilling it into your head to "trust your eyes." If you do make it to the NFL, that will be more truer than ever with how much faster the game is.

With all those positives said, I haven't seen any of your lowlights, so I don't know how you handled red zone situations or stacked up against big receivers down-in-and down-out. I'm sure you've gotten beat and NFL teams will see that. The truth is that demand in the NFL is big, long, man corners right now. And tackling isn't as valued as it probably should be. As a football fan, I love your game. But you're fighting a battle that's not going to be easy at all.

I'm curious as to why the only Punt return CB plays you included were against a tight punt set? How did you fare out on an island? As a part of a double-team? Teams are going to evaluate your full game film. Based on what I've seen of you, you have the disposition to be an effective PR CB but I'm wondering why you didn't include any textbook jams at the line and stalk blocks down the field against wide gunners? Maybe because they aren't flashy highlights like the two pancakes.

If you really run under a 4.5, put on the bulk you said you will, and show well in drills for scouts at any all star games, regional combines, and/or pro days, I think you have a shot to get drafted. A very good shot if you have good full game special teams tape. But all I saw were the few highlights.

Good luck. I'll be rooting for you during the draft process.
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to do all that was really in depth. I did go against plenty of put formations where I was on an island and I feel comfortable in that situation . It's jst like you said, those plays arent qite exciting enough to put on a highlight tape...I do have game tape ready for any scouts/coaches/agents who ask but nothing I can post online. I should definitely run under a 4.5 I'm aiming for high 4.3's-low 4.4's and I love special teams and know how that process works of working your way on to the field. I just want to even get a chance to be a gunner would be amazing. Thanks for the encouragement
Old 12-19-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
shipraider21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Well, that's a great highlight tape. I also looked a little at IUP vs Shipp. I hope you can bulk up without losing speed and quickness. Good luck, man!
I hope i can do that also, only want to gain about 5-10lbs so im thinking it wont hinder me too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
impressive tape! watching that straight away i thought free safety. have you played there before? would you be comfortable making a switch?
thanks and no i haven't played free safety except in certain rarely used packages but I was recruited to Sacred Heart as a safety out of HS. I would definitely be okay with making that switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
IUP alum wishing you the best!
thanks alot IUP was one of the toughest teams we played and I think the only one in our league we never beat