Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-23-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Espn insider/ Ed Werder mentioned that Schwartz was almost fired last year but Jr gave him another season because he was still owed a lot of money. The front office has the same concerns about discipline and dumb decisions/ turnovers. He's gone and we are probably front runners for Bill O'Brien.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
**** like that is why you get rep raped sportsfan...
Oh come on, it was a little funny. It wasn't even gloating, Rodgers probably won't go this week and the Bears will likely be the beneficiaries of the Lions meltdown.

My question is, do you guys still feel like Stafford is the guy? His mechanics seem to go to **** under even mild pressure. Even if you bring in an elite QB coach, is it too late to change his mechanics? I'm legitimately curious how you guys feel about him. I've only seen a few games of his not against the Packers.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances that Mayhew cuts ties with the 2 big contracts he handed out last offseason (Houston and Bush)?

Both do not seem to be living up to what we had hoped for and that money can probably be better spent elsewhere. I don't know who we could get to replace Bush, but his fumbling at this point is unacceptable for a starting RB, or anyone we want to rely on for a large part of our offense.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Pettigrew be back? Is the however you spell the tall UDFA who dances name good enough to start or is he just a backup?
Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Will Pettigrew be back? Is the however you spell the tall UDFA who dances name good enough to start or is he just a backup?
I believe they value pettigrew because of his blocking and receiving skill. Fauria is good but hasn't developed the blocking.

But we do have Michael Williams stashed on the IR this year and he would provide great blocking next year. Therefore I think Pettigrew may be shown the door. Unless he resigns very cheap.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are players contracts are up?
Old 12-24-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2014 Free Agents
http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/detroit-lions/

Bell and Durham are restricted free agents. Jeremy Ross ERFA.

2014 Cap Hits
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/cap-hit/2014/

They can save $5.5m by cutting Burleson and $6m with the release of Delmas.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well lets for now assume he is fired. Who are some reasonable replacements?
I would love to see them start with the "big" name list...Gruden, Cowher or Brian Kelly. Remember Kelly interviewed last year with the Eagles so the interest is there for the NFL. I heard Whisenhunt today but that just seems like a lateral move outside of the fact he is offensive minded. Thoughts fellas?
Old 12-25-2013, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Espn insider/ Ed Werder mentioned that Schwartz was almost fired last year but Jr gave him another season because he was still owed a lot of money. The front office has the same concerns about discipline and dumb decisions/ turnovers. He's gone and we are probably front runners for Bill O'Brien.
I'd give it about a 30% chance Schwartz is fired, he's owed 12 million if they let him go. Still it is a possibility.

As for Stafford, I want to see him under a new HC where they don't pass the ball 700+ times a year. A competent HC could do wonders for Stafford.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'd give it about a 30% chance Schwartz is fired, he's owed 12 million if they let him go. Still it is a possibility.

As for Stafford, I want to see him under a new HC where they don't pass the ball 700+ times a year. A competent HC could do wonders for Stafford.
My thought is this...they dont wanna fire him because then they "lose" the future money they invested in him. Well if they keep his ass, wouldn't you think the attendance is going to drop A LOT next year because of fans not supporting him (think Schwartz yelling back at fans at end of week 16) and the money lost is going to be much more so than if you just bite the bullet and hire a Brian Kelly or Bill O'Brien and pay the dead money to Schwartz? Maybe not but im just saying...
Old 12-26-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

INT% - Career

STafford - 3.0
Brees - 2.6
P.Manning 2.6
Romo 2.7
Eli - 3.4
Cutler 3.4
Big Ben - 2.8
Ryan 2.3

Stafford last 3 years - 2.3, 2.4, 3.2

- for fun, in his 2nd,3rd and 4th seasons - Brady - 2.3,2.3,3.0 .
Brees - 4.2,1.8,3.0
Ryan - 3.1,1.6,2.1
Rivers - 3.3,2.3,1.9
Rothlisberger - 3.4,4.9,2.7
P.Manning - 2.8,2.6,4.2

Lions ranks last 3 years

Rushing - 29,23,17

Defense, points allowed - 23,27,17(23,13,15 in yards)

Offense, points scored - 4,17,11(3,3,5 in yards, 2,3,4 in passing yards)

Penalties - 3,13,9

Drops - 13,2,1

The 2 teams tied for 9th/10th in the league this year had 32 drops,we had 57 for some frame of reference.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want Brian Kelly at all, his lack of NFL experience scares me. I do not want Gruden either, he won the super bowl with Dungy's team and then did not do anything, he was more inconsistent than Schwartz is. I don't believe he would be the man for the job. I want Bill O'Brien or David Shaw. O'Brien I think could develop Stafford and make him reach his elite potential. He also turned around Penn State after that whole fiasco they went through so he can overcome adversity. Downside is he would cost so much, I think he would pick Detroit though if he had the option, we have so much talent and potential. David Shaw attracts me because he has so much NFL experience and he has so much success at the college level. And he only had Andrew Luck for one of those years. He has said before though that he wants to stay at Stanford.
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

After O'brien I like Wisenhunt and I like the idea of McDaniels as well. I think we need a guy who can help Stafford get it back together. Both these guys have the HC experience. McDaniel's failed but he also went back to coach under Belichek and I bet you he is much more prepared after failing as a HC once.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I'd like us to look at Frazier as a potential DC. COuld hopefully do some good things with our young corners. I'd also be fine keeping Washburn as the DL coach as I think he did some good things with Ansah and Taylor.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I will be apoplectic is Schwartz isn't fired today. Franchise suicide...again.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I think he has to be fired. Ford's should be very afraid of the fan reaction is he is kept. The end of this season was simply too embarassing on all counts.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I'll be just as sick as you but Ford is Ford so we'll have to wait for his decision. I'll really question Mayhew if he doesn't have the guts to insist Schwartz be fired.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
I think he has to be fired. Ford's should be very afraid of the fan reaction is he is kept. The end of this season was simply too embarassing on all counts.
We are talking about an owner who kept Millen around for years and didn't even want to fire him after an 0-16 season till his son talked him into it. With Ford, you don't get common sense.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We are talking about an owner who kept Millen around for years and didn't even want to fire him after an 0-16 season till his son talked him into it. With Ford, you don't get common sense.
he's fired. I just put it under a different topic.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
he's fired. I just put it under a different topic.
Oh, I'm so happy. Have a great New Years everybody.