Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kelvin is a bigger/slightly faster Alshon Jeffrey imo.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Kelvin is a bigger/slightly faster Alshon Jeffrey imo.
Hands aren't nearly as good as Jeffery's. Plaxico is a better comparison. Though he is probably a better overall athlete.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching some film last night, and Eric Ebron was making me think of Vernon Davis.

Edit: nevermind, I found some old footage of Davis in college and he's a lot more violent and explosive. Since that was basically what defined his profile as a prospect, it's probably not the greatest comparison. Ebron's more of a glider. Similarities as receivers, though.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-16-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen a ton of Ebron, but he did not impress me vs Duke.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I haven't seen a ton of Ebron, but he did not impress me vs Duke.
He's really up and down for me. Sometimes I think he looks like he's going to bust hard, but then he'll make a play that other people simply can't make. So I'm personally inclined to think of him as raw but with quite a bit of potential. (Part of what made me think of Vernon.)
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post
Colt Lyerla = Aaron Hernandez
I see what you did there.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Marqise Lee reminds me a lot of Torry Holt coming out of NCstate.
Brandin Cooks reminds me a lot of Steve Smith coming out of Utah. (And I see a lot of Darren Sproles in his game once he gets the ball. The second Cooks gets the ball in his hands, he explodes and reminds me more of a tailback than WR. Kid is going to be a big time player)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

KLima878 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Manziel = Jeff Garcia ????
Old 12-19-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLima878 View Post
Manziel = Jeff Garcia ????
fast Jeff Garcia.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nelson Agholor = Ted Ginn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Carr = David Carr.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Nelson Agholor = Ted Ginn

What?... :/
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
What?... :/
Ginn was a better WR in college than he is in the pros.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-21-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ginn was a better WR in college than he is in the pros.
Ginn is a low 4.3 guy and Nelson is a 4.5 guy. I don't see any comparison
Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ginn is a low 4.3 guy and Nelson is a 4.5 guy. I don't see any comparison
Speed doesn't have anything to do with my comparison.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Please do explain than...
Old 12-22-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Given that Ginn was 100% defined by his ability to run fast... I don't get it, either.

Maybe Nelson Agholor = Steve Breaston

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-22-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please do explain than...
Size frame build at the same stage and ability to play WR not KR/PR.

I do understand where you are coming from with the speed factor but I comparing what I see.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-22-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nelson is actually a very polished route runner. Ginn was nearly as defined by his lack of precise routes as he was his speed.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandin Cooks-Antonio Brown
Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In terms of the overall style of play, here are some that struck me:

Derek Carr - Christian Ponder
David Fales - Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Garoppolo - Drew Brees
Aaron Murray - Russell Wilson

Dri Archer - Dexter McCluster
Marion Grice - Joseph Randle

C.J. Fiedorowicz - Scott Chandler

Taylor Lewan - Jake Long
Zack Martin - Justin Pugh

Trent Murphy - Jarret Johnson
Old 12-27-2013, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Andre Williams - Earl Campbell
Old 12-27-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is off the top of my head

Teddy Bridgewater- Donvan McNabb
Jadaveon Clowney- Julius Peppers
Anthony Barr- Von Miller
Jake Matthews- Jake Long
Sammy Watkins- Pierre Garçon
Khalil Mack- James Harrison
Johnny Manziel- Robert Griffin III/Russell Wilson
Blake Bortles- Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker
Derek Carr- Matt Schaub/Christian Ponder
Mike Evans- Vincent Jackson
Louis Nix- Vince Wilfolk
Stephon Tuitt- Justin Tuck
Marquise Lee- Reggie Wayne
Taylor Lewan- Nate Solder

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Andre Williams - Earl Campbell
Yowza. How bout Cedric Benson.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Yowza. How bout Cedric Benson.
Because Williams is the opposite of soft?