Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Wild Card Weekend Discussion Thread

Saturday, January 4th

Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts 4:35 PM EST

New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles 8:15 PM EST

Sunday, January 5th

San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals 1:05 PM EST

San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers 4:40 PM EST

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some very entertaining games on tap!

The 49ers - Packers one obviously stands out to me but all four should be great to watch.

I favor the Saints, Packers, Bengals and Chiefs to move on.

I'm actually really hopeful that two of these wild card teams make it to the Super bowl to shake up the expected Seattle - Denver matchup. I'm not a fan of the hype machine being validated and those two have been built up to crazy proportions.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints "get off the Schneid" and finally win one on the road.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC games are fantastic.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday, January 5th

Old 12-30-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the visiting teams win.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya packers ain't winning. 9ers going to win might be close...

I for one can't wait till Sunday whop whop . But gonna a fun time .. Finally going to see a live NFL game!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that the Chiefs starters basically got a bye, but I'm still worried about the game against the Colts. The Chiefs have been an excellent road team this year, but I dunno. I would love to at least win a playoff game. Meh. Nervous as hell.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I can say for certain that I did not expect to be posting in this thread much. House money y'all! Cheers to a game plan heavily tilted towards ball control, it's our only hope.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday, January 5th

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna go back and watch the first SD/CIN game again. Their OL steamrolled SD's DL in the run game. Fluker had to start at LT and he surrendered a ton of pressure. The good news is Dunlap should alleviate much of that this time around. Also the three fumbles lost were key - two in the scoring area. Cincinnatti is a very good home team but Rivers seems more dialed in on the road. It's gonna be a great game, wish it wasn't the early game Sunday but I'll take anything.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints don't lose many prime time games.

Sunday, January 5th

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Gonna go back and watch the first SD/CIN game again. Their OL steamrolled SD's DL in the run game. Fluker had to start at LT and he surrendered a ton of pressure. The good news is Dunlap should alleviate much of that this time around. Also the three fumbles lost were key - two in the scoring area. Cincinnatti is a very good home team but Rivers seems more dialed in on the road. It's gonna be a great game, wish it wasn't the early game Sunday but I'll take anything.
We definitely deserved to lose the first Cincy game but the turnovers were so painful and basically defined the game. Gates was directly responsible for 2 fumbles; he has 3 total fumbles since 2008, including the 2 from that game. I also like having Lissemore in at the NT vs. Cam Thomas, he is more interested in taking up blockers to free up the D, vs. Cam's upfield mentality. Every little bit helps when the other team wants to pound the rock.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- The Chiefs will show off their early-season form and harass Luck all day behind that poor OL. Chiefs with a comfortable win.

- The narrative says that the Saints can't win outdoors in bad weather but this reminds me of the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs going into Veterans Stadium and winning. Saints win in a close game.

- Looks like the Chargers will roll Cincy to begin their Super Bowl run. Could be close, but this could be a weird game where Phillip Rivers just goes OFF against a good defense.

- I like the 49ers in a close game. The Packers defense just doesn't have enough to pull it out, even if Rodgers puts up 3+ TDs.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sunday, January 5th

I like the home teams and feel that SF is the only threat to beat my choices. Just don't know if they will be OK in the cold. GB's OL will also have fits against SF's defense, so I could be really off on picking them.

Luck is simply a better QB than Smith and playing at home in the Dome will benefit him greatly.

Kelly should be COY IMO, I wouldn't have given Philly a chance to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season, I was dead wrong on Kelly as a HC. Saints simply don't play well away from home and the cold weather will likely bother them considerably.

Not sold completely on Cincy's QB but they are unbeaten at home this season, so you'd have to be crazy to pick against them.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 12-30-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
- The Chiefs will show off their early-season form and harass Luck all day behind that poor OL. Chiefs with a comfortable win.

- The narrative says that the Saints can't win outdoors in bad weather but this reminds me of the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs going into Veterans Stadium and winning. Saints win in a close game.

- Looks like the Chargers will roll Cincy to begin their Super Bowl run. Could be close, but this could be a weird game where Phillip Rivers just goes OFF against a good defense.

- I like the 49ers in a close game. The Packers defense just doesn't have enough to pull it out, even if Rodgers puts up 3+ TDs.
All 4 road teams winning? Interesting. Although if i had to bet money on a winner, i would pick the same teams. With the biggest wildcard being Chiefs/Colts. Indy has beaten Denver, KC, San Fran, and Seattle. Thats an impressive list of wins.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 12-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints can't win on the road. Stop giving us all this credit and blaming weather, lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The Saints "get off the Schneid" and finally win one on the road.
I agree. Saw some nerves start to set in with Foles last night so a pass rush is key. Win and come to Seattle. We're gracious hosts.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I agree. Saw some nerves start to set in with Foles last night so a pass rush is key. Win and come to Seattle. We're gracious hosts.
As much as I'd like to see the Saints win in Philly going back to Seattle is going to be an absolute nightmare if the Saints make it there again. Payton is too predictable with his playcalling down and refuses to set up the run. If the Saints beat Philly, which I don't see happening due to the environment and it being a road game, the Seahawks are gonna beat 7 kinds of **** out of them the next week.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cincinnati is the most inconsistent team in the play offs, so I'm a little worried about the Chargers. I'm not expecting them to lose, but I could see it if Rivers out plays our defense and Dalton throws in another trash performance.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key for the NFC is going to be whether the Packers get up against the Hawks. I think they're the only team in the NFC that can down them. Why? Rodgers. You need a proven vet QB to win in Seattle. He had the Packers in position to win there last year.

Brees is that, also, but he is unnerved by physical defenses and the Hawks destroyed them already.

Keep sucks at Seattle. Foles and Newton going into Seattle to won the NFC Championship game? Yeah, okay, never going to happen.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe so many here are picking the Saints. Not only is it in the East, it's at night (making it even colder).

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the hype machine being validated and those two have been built up to crazy proportions.
I don't mind the hype machine if they turn out to be right. But it would be fun to watch them backtrack with their tail between their legs if either Denver or Seattle doesn't make it to New Jersey. If it is DEN-SEA, Chris Berman will empty the vault and show plenty of old footage from when they played each other as AFC West opponents (John Elway and the Broncos in turquoise helmets vs Jim Zorn and Steve Largent in silver helmets).
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i don't think you know what color turquoise is.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't it the Panthers alternate jersey color? It's too bad the No Fun League won't let them wear them in Round 2 of the playoffs.

It's a little premature, but here is the (obviously) partial Round 2 schedule:

Road Team at Seattle: Saturday Jan 11, 4:30 E
Road Team at New England: Saturday Jan 11, 8:00 E

Road Team at Carolina: Sunday Jan 12, 1:00 E
Road Team at Denver: Sunday Jan 12, 4:30 E
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I can't believe so many here are picking the Saints. Not only is it in the East, it's at night (making it even colder).

I don't mind the hype machine if they turn out to be right. But it would be fun to watch them backtrack with their tail between their legs if either Denver or Seattle doesn't make it to New Jersey. If it is DEN-SEA, Chris Berman will empty the vault and show plenty of old footage from when they played each other as AFC West opponents (John Elway and the Broncos in turquoise helmets vs Jim Zorn and Steve Largent in silver helmets).

In what universe do you remember seeing the Broncos play in "turquoise" helmets?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
^THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Isn't it the Panthers alternate jersey color? It's too bad the No Fun League won't let them wear them in Round 2 of the playoffs.

It's a little premature, but here is the (obviously) partial Round 2 schedule:

Road Team at Seattle: Saturday Jan 11, 4:30 E
Road Team at New England: Saturday Jan 11, 8:00 E

Road Team at Carolina: Sunday Jan 12, 1:00 E
Road Team at Denver: Sunday Jan 12, 4:30 E
Anyways, I'm glad Denver's got the Sunday game this time.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote