Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
take him, whiz is garbage.
Rivers and the rest of your offense improved by a pretty fair amount this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, why do you hate Whiz so much?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Rivers and the rest of your offense improved by a pretty fair amount this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Yeah, why do you hate Whiz so much?
I give much more credit to the O-line than than the offense for this year's improvement, giving the guy more than 2 seconds to throw let him regain his 'elite' status, what a shock!

Whiz has been auditioning for a HC job all year with ridiculous playcalling. I hate to single out one sequence but the Redskins, where we were first and goal from the one and came out with a shotgun run and then two passes was the worst offender and fairly indicative of our goal line offense all year. I also don't think we were good at taking advantage of match-ups and injuries on opposing Defenses, but that's tough to entirely place on the coordinator.

Reading this over it doesn't sound like a very strong argument so let me add a bit more context: every game the Chargers lost (7) was a one possession game with one exception, and each was marked with absolute head scratchers near the goal line that regularly cost us points. Over time it's tough to watch, but at least we were able to overcome the same situations in the wins.

Chargers 25th in RZE: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct and that was much higher than I expected.

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-02-2014 at 08:05 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Soooooo...the Giants are getting rid of all of those option routes, right? I'd say that's about 50% of the problem on that side of the ball right there.
Hopefully. We throw some many INTs because of it. It's just way too difficult for young WRs as well as WRs who might no be the sharpest tool in the shed. Cruz gets it, Steve Smith got it. Other than that it's a mixed back. Even if the QB and WR see it 9 out of 10 times, that 10th time will be an ugly INT.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Bob Stoops to make the leap to the NFL. I think he's got what it takes to do well also.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stoops would be interesting, but has anyone actually expressed interest at him? I feel like he's been just as qualified a candidate this year as he has most of the past decade, yet I haven't heard anything about any interest in him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could definitely see the Redskins going for Stoops, but I think that's it. The Lions and Browns seem set on their candidates.

I guess the Vikings could be a fit if they want to keep AD happy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Broncos hired Fox there was some smoke about them hiring Stoops...but thats all I have heard. I know there has been talk that Jones might go after him if they ever fire Garrett as well...

...however, Idk about him. Big Game Bob has been a bust in big games for many years outside of tonight.

I know there was something that came out that a ton of people in the NFL circle seem to think Les Miles is a hot name in the circle. They seem to think he would do a very good job...I kinda think his clock management would kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to NFL teams being interested in Kirk Ferentz? Seems like his name used to come up every year..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how I feel about Tedford in Tampa. He's an offensive mind but I cannot give him credit for making Rodgers this nfl stud qb.

Guess well see.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...et-with-titans

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I give much more credit to the O-line than than the offense for this year's improvement, giving the guy more than 2 seconds to throw let him regain his 'elite' status, what a shock!

Whiz has been auditioning for a HC job all year with ridiculous playcalling. I hate to single out one sequence but the Redskins, where we were first and goal from the one and came out with a shotgun run and then two passes was the worst offender and fairly indicative of our goal line offense all year. I also don't think we were good at taking advantage of match-ups and injuries on opposing Defenses, but that's tough to entirely place on the coordinator.

Reading this over it doesn't sound like a very strong argument so let me add a bit more context: every game the Chargers lost (7) was a one possession game with one exception, and each was marked with absolute head scratchers near the goal line that regularly cost us points. Over time it's tough to watch, but at least we were able to overcome the same situations in the wins.

Chargers 25th in RZE: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct and that was much higher than I expected.
At the end of the day, context is important. In year one with Whiz running the offense, they made a slight improvement in RZ offense and did so without Floyd and Alexander who accounted for 12 TD's last year. You're being overly critical IMO, and with both those guys back coupled with the emergence of Keenan Allen the RZ offense should be much better in year two if Whiz sticks.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Not sure how I feel about Tedford in Tampa. He's an offensive mind but I cannot give him credit for making Rodgers this nfl stud qb.

Guess well see.
McCarthy did most of the work with Rodgers...Tedford isn't the QB guru that he's made out to be.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
What happened to NFL teams being interested in Kirk Ferentz? Seems like his name used to come up every year..
I think eventually everyone gave up on him like teams did trying to get Eric DeCosta to be their GM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you gotta leave while your name is hot. Ferentz waited too long IMO, Stoops still has a few years but he's been mentioned for 10 years and it may pass him up if thats something he wants to try
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Stoops would be interesting, but has anyone actually expressed interest at him? I feel like he's been just as qualified a candidate this year as he has most of the past decade, yet I haven't heard anything about any interest in him.
Don't make me puke, Stoops is a classic talent HC, give him more talent that the other team and he'll win a lot of games, put him on an even playing field and his teams often don't show up.

Alabama was emotionally spent after losing to Auburn and Oklahoma benefitted from it.

No pro team has any interest in him.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
McCarthy did most of the work with Rodgers...Tedford isn't the QB guru that he's made out to be.
I fully agree, he had something like 6 1st round QB's drafted by the NFL and Rodgers is the only one who succeeded. That's why Rodgers slipped in the draft because teams were worried a Tedford coached QB was a risky proposition. Rodgers was just lucky that he got to sit 2 years and he spent the time altering his throwing motion otherwise he might have ended up being another Tedford flop.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Here is NFL.com's Head Coach tracker to keep in touch with what is going on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-coach-tracker
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So Frasier and not Marinelli will be the DC in Tampa...thought they announced that it was Marinelli?

Quote:
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Frasier and not Marinelli will be the DC in Tampa...thought they announced that it was Marinelli?
was just speculation.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rotoworld said the Cowboys wouldn't let Marinelli out of his contract.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm. Lovie could have made some noise if he also hired an african american OC. For like a whole 5 mins.

The defense is in pretty good shape for cover 2.

Last edited by brat316 : 01-04-2014 at 12:44 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...buccaneers.ece

"Under NFL rules, Tampa Bay would have to seek permission to interview Marinelli and, as of 3 p.m. Thursday, the Cowboys haven’t granted it, according to a club source."
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Don't make me puke, Stoops is a classic talent HC, give him more talent that the other team and he'll win a lot of games, put him on an even playing field and his teams often don't show up.

Alabama was emotionally spent after losing to Auburn and Oklahoma benefitted from it.

No pro team has any interest in him.
You think Alabama was emotionally spent from a game that happened a month ago? Yeah. Okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You think Alabama was emotionally spent from a game that happened a month ago? Yeah. Okay.
They didn't want to be in that game. They had already lost their season. It was National Championship or bust for 'Bama.