Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Vikes isn't necessarily wrong in what he's trying to say. The majority of Packers "owners" (god they're a sad bunch) are rather conservative, or at least that's what they come off as.
I have no idea what the demographics of their "owners" are. I just assumed that it was pretty evenly split up between the backwoods places and the urban areas.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Well first of all, I really don't consider the Dakotas as part of the Midwest.

Secondly, it's my understanding that the Dakotas are pretty strongly anti-***. I think that might be distorting your view of the real Midwest.
You are absolutely correct on that. The dakotas are generally conservative. But from where I'm at, I can drive 10 minutes and be in MN or IA.

If you want to leave the dakotas out of the midwest, then yes, I agree 100% that the "midwest" or your definitions of the midwest is a liberal region. Add in the dakotas, and you have generally a moderate population overall.

My point, and the point that it seems that the rest of you are not seeing, Brodeur aside, is that Green Bay is a conservative hillbilly community (sad but true). The city of Green Bay owns the Packers. Therefore, back to my original question, how would the city of Green Bay react to their star player coming out?

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

they wouldn't give a ****. just like 90% of the rest of the country when they find out 10% of their friends are super cool.

12 people would protest, tmz, i mean espn would make noise like that meant something, mouth-breathing pieces of **** everywhere would regurgitate everything tmz, i mean espn says like they always do, and everyone would think it was a big deal.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
You are absolutely correct on that. The dakotas are generally conservative. But from where I'm at, I can drive 10 minutes and be in MN or IA.

If you want to leave the dakotas out of the midwest, then yes, I agree 100% that the "midwest" or your definitions of the midwest is a liberal region. Add in the dakotas, and you have generally a moderate population overall.

My point, and the point that it seems that the rest of you are not seeing, Brodeur aside, is that Green Bay is a conservative hillbilly community (sad but true). The city of Green Bay owns the Packers. Therefore, back to my original question, how would the city of Green Bay react to their star player coming out?
If Aaron Rodgers, cool or not, killed a pack of nuns, Packers fans in Green Bay would find a way to deal with it. He's pretty popular there, lol.

Green Bay isn't really a redneck town. Redneck towns didn't have 50% of the people voting for Obama in 2012 the way Green Bay did. It's just plain average, except for the fact that it's overwhelmingly (72%) catholic, which is an extreme in our 24% catholic country.

That would actually work in favor of Rodgers. US Catholics poll pretty strongly in favor of *** marriage (54-46 for hose who attend mass weekly, 65-35 for those who attend less frequently or not at all).

In Wisconsin, you need to go out into the sticks to find the heavy conservative areas, the same as pretty much everywhere in the country.

I think Green Bay would more or less shrug, except for the extremist wacko minority, but those are in every town.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
If Aaron Rodgers, cool or not, killed a pack of nuns, Packers fans in Green Bay would find a way to deal with it. He's pretty popular there, lol.
:o

mental image. 'daaaaauuuble check'
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Green Bay isn't really a redneck town. Redneck towns didn't have 50% of the people voting for Obama in 2012 the way Green Bay did. It's just plain average, except for the fact that it's overwhelmingly (72%) catholic, which is an extreme in our 24% catholic country.

That would actually work in favor of Rodgers. US Catholics poll pretty strongly in favor of *** marriage (54-46 for hose who attend mass weekly, 65-35 for those who attend less frequently or not at all).

In Wisconsin, you need to go out into the sticks to find the heavy conservative areas, the same as pretty much everywhere in the country.

I think Green Bay would more or less shrug, except for the extremist wacko minority, but those are in every town.
Green Bay itself isn't very red neck infested but when you head just north to Suamico/Abrams/Oconto it is full of 'country folk'. Also you shouldn't used the election as an indicator of the overall social views because you can attribute much of that number to an ignorant youth. Green Bay and NE Wisconsin is easily the most conservative part of the state but overall I don't think there would be much of a backlash if Aaron was cool.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they wouldn't give a ****. just like 90% of the rest of the country when they find out 10% of their friends are super cool.

12 people would protest, tmz, i mean espn would make noise like that meant something, mouth-breathing pieces of **** everywhere would regurgitate everything tmz, i mean espn says like they always do, and everyone would think it was a big deal.
It'd probably be more than 12 people at first, because religious people are ******* nuts sometimes. I mean, people threatened to boycott A&E for suspending that duck hunting douchebag for saying the **** he said. Don't **** with them ideals.

Plus, look at what happened to Ayanbadejo and Kluwe just for supporting *** marriage.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is also Packer territory, and based on the family that I have up there, they'd lose their **** if Rodgers came out. Just the rumors are going to have them screaming for Flynn to start and longing for the days of Favre.

But hey, my family is nuts and not representative of the overall population.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Michigan's Upper Peninsula is also Packer territory, and based on the family that I have up there, they'd lose their **** if Rodgers came out. Just the rumors are going to have them screaming for Flynn to start and longing for the days of Favre.

But hey, my family is nuts and not representative of the overall population.
Your family sounds awesome!

1: Rodgers is caught making out with dudes
2: Your family and a few other people lose their ****, forcing Packers to trade him
3: Bears swap Cutler for him

Hey, a guy can dream, right?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forget that Ted Thompson is also cool. Step 1 is to fire him and give Josh McDaniels full control.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It'd probably be more than 12 people at first, because religious people are ******* nuts sometimes. I mean, people threatened to boycott A&E for suspending that duck hunting douchebag for saying the **** he said. Don't **** with them ideals.

Plus, look at what happened to Ayanbadejo and Kluwe just for supporting *** marriage.
nah, people are idiots when they can voice their disapproval on (irony) internet message boards and call-in radio. people are, in general, cowards when it comes to actually putting their face behind something.

and we can't really use what happened to a guy playing the most disposable position in the nfl as actual evidence of anything.

but whatever. i get why the cool community wants a guy like rodgers to come out. i get why the nfl at large would rather avoid the circus. and i get why some fans want to act like it's a huge deal. fortunately, in 5 years, it won't make any difference, because it'll happen soon enough without either of their influence.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
WTF, What part of society considers it "vogue" outside of the *** community itself? Even where **** are accepted, it's not the "cool" thing to do at all. You're so ignorant to everything that is happening in the world, sports... whatever.
I don't know, I wouldn't mind being cool. Not having the threat of marriage or children would cure my relationship anxiety, and the high rate of promiscuity sounds like another positive. Also, there'd probably be less whining about the fact that I spend 30 hours a week watching football. I wish it actually was a choice, but my straight ass is 100% not attracted to men. Coolness is wasted on the cool.

Last edited by WCH : 01-03-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nah, people are idiots when they can voice their disapproval on (irony) internet message boards and call-in radio. people are, in general, cowards when it comes to actually putting their face behind something.

and we can't really use what happened to a guy playing the most disposable position in the nfl as actual evidence of anything.

but whatever. i get why the cool community wants a guy like rodgers to come out. i get why the nfl at large would rather avoid the circus. and i get why some fans want to act like it's a huge deal. fortunately, in 5 years, it won't make any difference, because it'll happen soon enough without either of their influence.
It's just that it needs to happen at some point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie I agree but the ugliness would be more than I'd like to witness.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am 100% sure that Jeff Garcia is cool.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
B) The % of rudy cools in, say, the priesthood HAS to be higher than, say, in the NFL, where being aggressive, mean, physical is almost a pre-requisite. For players at least, not punters and placekickers.
I can't believe I missed you saying this.

Here you can watch the only openly cool boxer knock out a straight guy in 3 minutes.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah bro. Cool people only dress up in frilly lace and figure skate,
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't care. I just really hope he's cool bc JMike.