Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But you have a sick obsession with acls, we were just talking about why the Eagles don't have a change to their roster.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
But you have a sick obsession with acls, we were just talking about why the Eagles don't have a change to their roster.
It's a fear, not obsession.... I guess "phobia" is the word.

Just watching this Irish-Rutgers game and seeing the big man 6-6 Nicklaus catch a pass like Gronkowski, and seeing the smaller safety come in and try to dive into his leg/knee.... I actually cringe, look away, and hope that the guy doesn't connect and break the leg or rip the ACL like we saw to Gronk, Cobb, Keller, Shipley, etc....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think ACL and knee injuries are J-Mike fetish.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I think ACL and knee injuries are J-Mike fetish.
Dude, I do HATE them. I hate the ACL. It needs to be re-designed.
I can handle seeing the non-contact ones like the one that happened to Jamaal Charles in 2011. But the ones where someone hits the knee, I seriously am getting queezy..... I feel like at this pace, within 5 years I will turn to only MLB, PGA Tour, and the ATP Tour.

That's why I need to see the NFL do something to try and stop the hits like those that took out Gronk & Cobb & Cushing and others.
I don't even want to see Crabtree or V Davis or Boldin hit like those...
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I don't even want to see Crabtree or V Davis or Boldin hit like those...
V Davis was hit like that by Troy Polamalu his rookie year. It broke his leg.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
i would like to see this video.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it was his second season. The 49ers went to Pittsburgh in 2007.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The Niners must have had a different strength & conditioning coach/trainer back then eh? :)

Seriously, those low hits on defenseless receivers cause more damage to the hits on their upper bodies when they are defenseless receivers.

But there haven't been class action lawsuits yet from the guys getting their knees & legs blown up..... I might have to be the one to bring it.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Polamalu hit on Davis was in 2007. It resembled the Gronk hit. Would have made JMike's hit list. Sprained MCL. Missed a few games. Polamalu called VD a couple days later and apologized. The players moved on. That's football.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
The Polamalu hit on Davis was in 2007. It resembled the Gronk hit. Would have made JMike's hit list. Sprained MCL. Missed a few games. Polamalu called VD a couple days later and apologized. The players moved on. That's football.
It couldn't have been as bad as the Gronk hit, or Cobb hit, or Keller hit, or Shipley hit, or Mughelli hit, because those guy's seasons ended, or in Cobb's case, he missed about 3 months.

VD only missed a few games?
There you go again, superior Niners trainers.
Must be that Silicon Valley bionic technology.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those guys are just pussies

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I hear the Niners might actually be missing one of their top CBs in Carl Rogers this week.
Oh boy. How will their defense hold up knowing they still have all 4 of their LBs, Justin Smith, Eric Reid, but they're missing Rogers. Can they overcome the loss of him.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nice to have a healthy Front 7: OLBs Ahmad Brooks & Aldon Smith had a combined 3.5 sacks & almost a dozen hurries.

Clay Matthews and Mike Neal were able to WATCH from the sideline.

***** Packers.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Chris Harris torn ACL.

Tough one for Denver. I thought that looked worse when it happened.
Damn.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey JMike, did you see how ugly Will Tukuafu's injury looked???

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1389550509

He was running around on it by the end of the game. Tough son-of-a-...

Last edited by phlysac : 01-14-2014 at 12:02 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

I didn't see it and I am very squeamish.... am afraid to click the link.

They injected him with the special potion though, and got him back on his feet?
Magical.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

Tonight was bad.
Bottle THAT feeling.....and live it for the next 3 years, and you will feel like me.
I mean there are so many games we lose at least 2 quality guys.
Season-enders. Career-enders. It sucks.
And tonight's were both flukes, that no trainer can do anything about.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

HERE IT IS:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...oys-season.ece
Old 01-21-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants having the most injuries isn't surprising. We had a JV OL out there for the majority of the season.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Navaro Bowman ACL.

Jmike did you cry? Or rub one out with fear tears?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Navaro Bowman ACL.
Jmike did you cry? Or rub one out with fear tears?
Those are hard, very hard to watch. This one was worse because the ************* refs ****** the big call up.
Everyone in America, even the Chinese, saw who got the ball. EXCEPT the blind 65-year old zebra nearest to the play.
Justice occurred on the next play when Skittles and Wilson coughed it back.
But didn't help Bowman's broken ACL. I hate those. Why can't we re-design the way the knee can bend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Giants having the most injuries isn't surprising. We had a JV OL out there for the majority of the season.
Honestly BBD, did it make a difference or not?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course it made a difference. But it's no excuse. Every team has injuries.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Of course it made a difference.
But it's no excuse.
Is that not contradictory?

If it did make a difference, it was a valid reason for many struggles.
Define "excuse" and define "reason".

Teams that were healthier did better on average, as always.
Teams that were demolished with injuries did worse, as always.

I think those are legitimate, obvious reasons. Which some might call excuses.

Forget the word, they are reasons. Some injuries cannot be overcome. Obviously.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Is that not contradictory?

If it did make a difference, it was a valid reason for many struggles.
Define "excuse" and define "reason".

Teams that were healthier did better on average, as always.
Teams that were demolished with injuries did worse, as always.

I think those are legitimate, obvious reasons. Which some might call excuses.

Forget the word, they are reasons. Some injuries cannot be overcome. Obviously.
It's not an excuse because every team deals with injuries, and depth is part of the game. Teams with better depth or who avoid key injuries deserve to advance.

No one wants to hear the injury excuse. If your team's OL was decimated then have better depth. If your qb goes down have a better backup plan. If your pass rusher goes down you should've had a better stable behind him.

Lack of depth is not an excuse for poor performance.