Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Mark Sanchez has the 6th highest playoff qb rating btw.

Yeah.

GOAT.
And that's worse than your criteria how? Sanchez has the same playoff winning % as John Elway.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
You can go down the list of passing statistics. It doesn't matter, Rodgers ranks highly in all of them.
it's just not relevant. other qbs played in a different era, where the league didn't go out of it's way to make it difficult to play pass defense. comparing numbers out of context is not illustrative of anything.

*shrug* i think he's a good qb, but you can't say he's better than joe montana based on a box score. well, you can, but it'd be silly and deserving of ridicule.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well if we take away Eli's two post season runs hes been pretty awful in the post season.
Should we just throw out every QBs Super Bowl runs and then compare them? Is this the direction we're headed now? Lol.

Rodgers has been very good in the playoffs. What has his worst playoff loss looked like? I don't recall any stinkers, but I'm not going to chase the stats right now.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Should we just throw out every QBs Super Bowl runs and then compare them? Is this the direction we're headed now? Lol.

Rodgers has been very good in the playoffs. What has his worst playoff loss looked like? I don't recall any stinkers, but I'm not going to chase the stats right now.
...thats exactly the point I was making. Not sure if you knew that or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You kind of have to put guys into context in their own era.

Aaron Rodgers isn't necessarily better than someone like Montana or Elway because of his stats...

But, he has played as well, if not better than guy like Brady, Manning, and Brees over the last few years.

If he keeps it up consistently, he'll be in the conversation with any of them I think.

Times are different, but Rodgers is still a big outlier in his own era.

Quote:
Insulting the team I support is not a great way to support your argument.

We're talking about Aaron Rodgers right now. I don't see how Eli Manning has anything to do with this conversation.

I don't see how he's relevant to the conversation at all.
Probably because Eli can play mediocre football and put up 14-17 points, and we'll hear you guys talking about how clutch he is, or how he's doing elite QB things.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's just not relevant. other qbs played in a different era, where the league didn't go out of it's way to make it difficult to play pass defense. comparing numbers out of context is not illustrative of anything.

*shrug* i think he's a good qb, but you can't say he's better than joe montana based on a box score. well, you can, but it'd be silly and deserving of ridicule.
I don't think we should be saying hes greater than Montana no. I also don't think we should be bringing up his play off appearances with someone who has had multiple BAD games due to Rodgers not playing out of his mind. You want to make the argument he hasn't played great? Fine, but he isn't anywhere near Manning level stigmatization.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post

Rodgers numbers have been very good in the playoffs. What has his worst playoff loss looked like? I don't recall any stinkers, but I'm not going to chase the stats right now.
This. He's not playing defense. He repeatedly put the Packers in position to win, but his defense repeatedly let Kaepernick lead the 9ers right back down the field. It's not like he's going out there having Blaine Gabbert-esque games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This. He's not playing defense. He repeatedly put the Packers in position to win, but his defense repeatedly let Kaepernick lead the 9ers right back down the field. It's not like he's going out there having Blaine Gabbert-esque games.
Not to mention, his OL was horrendous yesterday.

Sometimes I guess it's better to have lowered expectations. I suppose it's more impressive when Flacco or Eli play well during the postseason, since they generally play like crap during the regular season. This makes them clutch playoff performers. Rodgers plays as fantastic as he usually does during the playoffs and he has a blemish on his legacy. That is some bizarro world rationale right there.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't think we should be saying hes greater than Montana no. I also don't think we should be bringing up his play off appearances with someone who has had multiple BAD games due to Rodgers not playing out of his mind. You want to make the argument he hasn't played great? Fine, but he isn't anywhere near Manning level stigmatization.
and i'm absolutely not getting into that argument. i think this board is absolutely silly in how some players are beyond reproach no matter what, but some other players (geno smith) are the worst players ever after one game. it's funny how (some, not pointing fingers at anyone) people don't see anything odd in that.

i just don't think rodgers' passer rating is evidence of anything.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Not to mention, his OL was horrendous yesterday.
I wouldn't say the offensive line was horrendous yesterday. Aaron has a propensity to hold the ball too long and there were a couple instances where he took sacks yesterday and it became damning to that drive.

Aaron is a very good quarterback, and thus he is held to a higher standard. The defense wasn't great yesterday, but they put the team in a position to win. The team had to settle for a 24 yard field goal to tie the game with five minutes left and everyone knew how the game was going to turn out at that point. The offense, which has had its red zone struggles seemingly every year, didn't find the end zone when they needed to most.

And to those who say he played good enough, when you're deemed great, good enough isn't acceptable. The team has lost to the Giants and now San Francisco twice in their last three playoff appearances and Rodgers hasn't played to the level of a 'great' quarterback. That's the simple truth. Have there been issues with the team, especially these last two years? Of course but Aaron hasn't played to the level that all fans expect to see out of him and it's fair to be critical of that.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-06-2014 at 11:38 AM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and i'm absolutely not getting into that argument. i think this board is absolutely silly in how some players are beyond reproach no matter what, but some other players (geno smith) are the worst players ever after one game. it's funny how (some, not pointing fingers at anyone) people don't see anything odd in that.

i just don't think rodgers' passer rating is evidence of anything.
I agree and happen to think people here are way over reactionary to things. Remember when Brees was #1 after his SB win, and Manning wasn't even top 5 like last year? Granted I may be one of those people you were referring to in regards to geno (which I happen to think wont work out for off the field related issues rather than just not being a good prospect (( That locker room / staff/ NY environment is nothing but a hindrance for a prospect like Geno imo)).

I'm not even going to use passer rating as an example. He just hasn't played poorly in his post season appearances, especially to be brought up like this. We can say he hasn't played exceptionally well and that would be a far more reasonable conversation but at this point its a major reach to compare him to manning's career in the post season, and even I think thats vastly over stated at this point. (He's also going to slaughter everyone on the way to the SB this year I'm pretty damn sure(Manning that is)).

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-06-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...thats exactly the point I was making. Not sure if you knew that or not.
I did. I was agreeing with you in a sarcastic tone.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 01-06-2014 at 12:19 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No QB is capable of winning Super Bowls by himself.

A prerequisite to winning a Super Bowl is usually a top-5 defense or something close to it. In 2010, the Packers were #1 in the league in passing defense and top-5 in defense overall.

All you need to win a Super Bowl is a competent, top-15 QB, and a good defense. You don't need an "elite" QB. If you do have an elite QB, you still need a good defense (especially passing defense).

Eli Manning, over the course of his career, is barely a top-10 QB at any given time in the NFL. He's right on the line of #10/#11. But he won two Super Bowls on teams that were playing great defense. That doesn't make him a better QB, purely as a QB, than Rodgers, or Peyton, or Brees. It just makes him a top-15 QB who was playing on a team with a great defense that got hot at the right time.

Last edited by Jomoz : 01-06-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thumper, how did that Eagles playoff loss feel?

Come close, I want to taste your tears.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bro is fast.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Bro is fast.

Safety Morgan Burnett, #42, the fool on this one.
Flush Kaepernick out and let him run???? Really?
Brilliant.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be jealous J-Mike. Rodgers can't run that fast. . See ya next season.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take away all of a QBs successes and he will look like a giant failure.

That's why we SWDC.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's why we SWDC.
take away the ball and they are not even football players!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P. Manning is pretty Damn good in the playoffs as well, he doesn't choke in CC, it just his defense let's him down. That would be a fair statement.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's why we SWDC.
Exactly.

Colin Kaepernick has MORE road playoff victories than Joe Montana and Steve Young COMBINED!!!

Cherry picking stats FTMFW!!!