Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's weird, I've been around for a few super bowls in New Orleans, and have met lots of fans during regular season game, and the traveling Patriots fans have stuck out as the most friendly and nicest people.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yeah. But he wasn't directing anything at anyone personally.
You're right, he wasn't being personal with anyone in particular, just screaming at the entire surrounding crowd taunting everyone waving goodbye and yelling that they were going to Seattle and "Who dat".

I'm shocked someone got pissed at him after a game winning field goal that eliminated their team.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What do you mean by that Ness?
Does talking about INJURIEZZZZ give you a semi?

srs question
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You're right, he wasn't being personal with anyone in particular, just screaming at the entire surrounding crowd taunting everyone waving goodbye and yelling that they were going to Seattle and "Who dat".

I'm shocked someone got pissed at him after a game winning field goal that eliminated their team.
Dude can get pissed. Doesn't mean he has the right to spit on another human being because his football team lost.

And like I said only a goon does that. Throw down if you want, but don't spit on someone. Don't be a coward.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah spitting makes him a *****. I rather you swing on me than spit on me. Don't just spit and walk away. If you're gonna spit you better throw your ones up.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Does talking about INJURIEZZZZ give you a semi?

srs question
Well yeah, and he thinks that other people are in on it and are joking with him every time injuries are mentioned.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wondering if Percy Harvin is going to play this week...

I'd be surprised but he is practicing.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude can get pissed. Doesn't mean he has the right to spit on another human being because his football team lost.

And like I said only a goon does that. Throw down if you want, but don't spit on someone. Don't be a coward.
The spitting was a complete bush league move and is absolutely disgusting, I agree with that. (It's kind of funny that people would probably approve of him getting punched for the way he acted rather than spitting on him)

I guess my point is this, I don't feel one bit bad for the guy who got hawked on... He showed no class after the game mocking all of the nearby fans... Even the Saints fan in the video that is in the tape kind of gives the look like holy **** don't drag me into this.

I would never get into a verbal/physical confrontation with a fan for showing up to my stadium no matter how ridiculous they acted. The point is there are people who do punch, spit, tackle, pour beer on ETC. so don't act like a jackass when your team wins.

- Funny story, when Browns lost last year to the Eagles after a game I ran up to an Eagles fan that was huge, tapped him on the shoulder... He stepped back a little like he expected to be punched and I yelled all drunk and outraged "CONGRATULATIONS ON BEATING OUR ****** TEAM, I WISH I KNEW HOW IT FELT TO WIN A GAME" and then scurried on off.

The guys face was absolutely hilarious, he started cracking up.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Aldon wasn't injured for that Carolina game. But he only played 9 or 10 snaps that game.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Wondering if Percy Harvin is going to play this week...

I'd be surprised but he is practicing.
If he makes it through a week of practice without any setbacks, he'll play.

Luke Willson is also practicing and thinks he'll play.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah. I'd argue Willson being healthy is more important than Harvin at this point. Simply because Willson not playing would mean a dropoff to Kellen Davis. Harvin not playing would just be the norm.

Harvin might just be a glorified kick returner this postseason. I think Tate has a big playoff run.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah. I'd argue Willson being healthy is more important than Harvin at this point. Simply because Willson not playing would mean a dropoff to Kellen Davis. Harvin not playing would just be the norm.

Harvin might just be a glorified kick returner this postseason. I think Tate has a big playoff run.
Serious question- how much has Patterson's success/Harvin's constant injuries this year made you rethink that deal?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Aldon wasn't injured for that Carolina game. But he only played 9 or 10 snaps that game.
Yeah I forgot about that. Limited snaps for him. But not injured.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SAINTS at SEAHAWKS
-As a 49ers fan, im obviously cheering for the Saints since I want them to win. If the Saints dont win, I dont see them being blowout like the MNF game. With that being said, im obviously going with the Saints to win 28-24.

COLTS at PATRIOTS
-I'm still trying to figure out how the Chiefs lost but one thing is for certain, take away Hilton, period. He's the main offensive weapon for Luck. If the Patriots do that especially at home, I think they should win. Patriots 30-20.

49ERS at PANTHERS
-Obviously, im very happy about going to Carolina as opposed to Seattle. Panthers beat the 49ers 10-9 is one of the most boring games I have seen from my team. Panthers have a great front seven so im hoping that we run and do quick slants and three step drops which should help against the pass rush of Carolina. Their secondary is the weak link but at the same time, cant take forever to pass because eventually the front seven will get to Kaepernick. Should definitely be a much more interesting game than in the regular season. I dont fear Panthers offense at all. Outside of Newton, their biggest threat is LaFell who's emerged as a very solid receiving threat. Should also get Rogers and Wright back for this game along with those who didnt play in the previous meeting. 49ers win their 8th in a row and steal another road playoff win 20-16.

CHARGERS at BRONCOS
-Chargers beat the Broncos in Denver several weeks ago and I think that they do it again. Broncos defense is bad. Manning is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB of all time but he's average at best in the playoffs and is far from being clutch. I'm counting on Manning throwing at least two picks including the one that seals the game for the Chargers who win 30-28.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Serious question- how much has Patterson's success/Harvin's constant injuries this year made you rethink that deal?
I don't really get what you're asking?

Would I rather have a healthy Patterson right now than Harvin? Of course.

Was it a bad move? We'll see. He might make an impact in a possible SB run. If he does, it's one piece of the puzzle and that's great. He's still a young guy, too. If his injury issues persist, then that's unfortunate, and obviously the deal wouldn't have worked out.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
CHARGERS at BRONCOS
-Chargers beat the Broncos in Denver several weeks ago and I think that they do it again. Broncos defense is bad. Manning is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB of all time but he's average at best in the playoffs and is far from being clutch. I'm counting on Manning throwing at least two picks including the one that seals the game for the Chargers who win 30-28.
The Broncos also beat the Chargers in San Diego.
The Chargers win was a Thursday night game.
The Broncos were without Wes Welker, and the Broncos were dealing with injuries in the secondary.
The Broncos played their absolute worst game of the season, and ended up only losing 27-20.
Also, the Broncos defense has been playing a lot better to end the year than people think.

Its going to be a tough game, but I feel as long as the Broncos don't make the mistakes they did before(ie jumping offsides on a punt, 12 men on the field twice, the interception), they should win.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing alot better to end the year than people think, what against the texans and raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Didn't Kellen Davis get put on IR. That guy sucks so bad I can't remember.

Harvin could be a huge playoff boost. Even as just a return man.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

12th man da hell?

Quote:
Over the weekend, word emerged that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch had been fined $50,000 for his lack of words to the media.

The 12th Man has his back. And his wallet.

According to Terry Blount of ESPN.com, Seahawks fans already have raised $2,000 via an online fundraising site to offset Lynch’s punishment.

Um, folks? Lynch had a base salary of $7 million during the 2013 season. And he knows that the rules that apply to his huge salary include talking to the media twice per week during the regular season.

The money Lynch will pay for the fine will go to charity. Here’s hoping that whatever money the fans raise for Lynch ends up in the hands of charity, too.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-lynchs-fine/

Quote:
Old 01-07-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Didn't Kellen Davis get put on IR. That guy sucks so bad I can't remember.

Harvin could be a huge playoff boost. Even as just a return man.
No. Davis isn't on IR. He'd be the 2nd TE if Willson can't go. And they love to go with two TEs.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lynch already said he's gonna send the money to charity plus match whatever is raised. Plus all fine money goes to charity.

Gonna end up being a pretty cool deal for a dumb fine from the NFL.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

a pretty cool deal from some really stupid fans.

not that other fanbases don't also have morons, i just don't know of any who've basically done a kickstarter to pay a fine for a multi-millionaire.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Yeah its pretty dumb. I think they're doing it more as a protest to the NFL for the fine, plus they know the money is going to charity anyway.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Because all I heard for months was THIS IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED and hyperbole the likes of which had never been seen. ESPN started having fantasy matchups in like Week 10, pitting the Pats against all-time great teams, and the analysts picked the Pats every single time. Then you factor in the cheating, going for it on 4th down when leading by 30+ points, the dynasty the franchise just experienced, the damn bandwagoners, the god awful Boston accent and the broads up there that only watch football because they wanna bang Brady and I couldn't take it anymore. I detested everything about them, in particular, that classless bum in the hoodie that stands on the sidelines like a troll under a bridge. The level of arrogance displayed by the team, the fanbase and the media was unprecedented. They had this book ready to go on sale the within the week after the Super Bowl:

If this team, one that embodied everything I hate about professional sports, were to be the first team to go 19-0, it would have probably been the end of my football fandom. Thankfully, it didn't happen. After months and months of the biggest hype train in sports media history, it all came crashing down when a team lead by Eli Manning somehow, some way found a way to beat them. Eli Manning, a guy who had a career 73.4 QB Rating at the time of the game. Eli Manning, a guy with trade/release rumors just a month before the Super Bowl. Eli Manning, the younger and worse brother of the guy the Pats continually beat up. Yeah, that guy, found a way to outplay Tom Brady, the guy who just put up the greatest quarterback season in history at the time.

18-1 was my favorite moment ever as a sports fan. My favorite sports teams have never won a championship, both in my lifetime and in their entire franchise histories. Even when/if they ever win one, it probably won't compare to the feeling I had that night. The Giants destroying the hype, hopes, and dreams of the 2007 New England Patriots was nothing short of perfection. It was the sporting personification of David versus Goliath.
Dont take this the wrong way but I LOVE YOU bud!!!

Perfectly sums up my thoughts too. I also find it funny that the Giants beat Brady, Belichick and the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and after spygate, the Patriots havent been able to win a Super Bowl since.

On a side note - you said that your favorite teams have never won a championship. What's your favorite teams in all sports?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a side note - you said that your favorite teams have never won a championship. What's your favorite teams in all sports?
He must be from Cleveland.

As for the incident in Philadelphia, if it was my team that this guy was taunting, I would have flipped him off. But under no circumstances would I spit on somebody.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote