Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Falcons after the bye, Bucs, Jags next before divisional matchups between the Dolphins and Pats...we could easily finish this year 9-7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
No question we will be 8-7 going into the Pats game. Then their 2nd unit will beat us by 40.
Being a Bills fan; optimist or pessimist? Clearly both is the road to take, lol.
Sanity is such a fine line...

Imagine the pandemonium that would precede the Pats game if they were 8-7 with a chance to make the play-offs with a win, followed by the epic heartbreak losing to Ryan Mallatt and Co...

Last edited by Poz51 : 11-25-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Moeaki, he's got a big ****-y

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tony Moeaki, he's got a big ****-y
I was just going to post about him! I like the signing a lot....always been a fan of his. Very Chandler-ish in terms of ability, but whatever. Choice was useless anyway.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you New York duders doing for the game Sunday?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
What are you New York duders doing for the game Sunday?
Probably Kelly's....or Brooklynsing it. You in town, McGee? Let's karaoke

Old 12-11-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'll be around for the weekend and change. Get at me with where I should be belting out.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yeah I'll be around for the weekend and change. Get at me with where I should be belting out.
I'll text ya. I'm taking the Chinatown bus back to Buffalo on Thursday

Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick as **** right now. If I recover for tm I'll meet ya at Kelly's.

Also, I may be in the minority here, but if the Bears let Cutler test FA, I absolutely throw the house at him.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sick as **** right now. If I recover for tm I'll meet ya at Kelly's.

Also, I may be in the minority here, but if the Bears let Cutler test FA, I absolutely throw the house at him.
Unfortunately, when we drafted Manual it meant that getting another QB for the next 3 years is likely out of the question till they determine just how good he can develop.

If he develops and it is a big if, we can be half decent next year unless Wilson lets a few more of our FA's walk.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys rank our needs?

QB: ???
RB: Low (goalline-type guy)
FB: None (Summers is a beast)
WR: High (We all know we need a big, physical guy)
TE: Medium (Chandler isn't great, but it could be worse - we could have Robert Royal. If he's not resigned this bumps up to high)
OT: Medium (We're set at LT. Pears is below average at RT. Need a replacement over there)
OG: High (LG and RG are arguably the two weakest links on the Oline. Both need to be upgraded)
C: None

DE: None (I think our DEs are set, sans for maybe a depth guy late in the draft?)
DT: None (Same reasoning as DE)
LB: High (I honestly don't know how to break down our LB situation because I feel like we don't have classic linebacking positions in this defense. Kiko is obviously there, although, Pettine/Marrone mentioned how they're not even sure if MLB is the best position for him, and they think he can be even better elsewhere in this defense. Moats isn't cutting it, nor is Bradham. We need a stud guy we can plug next to Kiko. 2 good linebackers should be all we need due to the amount of times we play with 3 safeties in the game.)
CB: Medium
S: High/Low (Obviously this is dependent on the Byrd situation. I honestly don't think he'll be back, but there's still a chance. If he goes, I think we'll really need another guy back there. I'm not sure if the combo of Meeks/Duke Williams can fill his shoes just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say common sense says you find an OL that can protect Manual. Any improvement in our offense will automatically improve the defense by keeping them off the field for longer periods of time.

If Manual develops and we improve the OL, this team can compete if Wilson keeps the key pieces in place, we would be very close to being a consistent winning franchise. However, based on Wilson's track record, what are the chances he puts out the money to retain his key pieces???? I'd guess about 30%, still it's better than zero.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Bills fans!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Just completed the first Forum Mock. Whaddaya boys think?

2014 NFL Draft:

1) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon*
1) Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
3) Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
4) Caraun Reid, DL, Princeton
6) Rob Blanchflower, TE, UMass
7) James Stone, C, Tennessee

Free Agent Signings:

Brandon LaFell, WR
James Starks, RB
Jake Bequette, DE
Ellis Lankster, CB

UDFA Signings:

S/OLB Johnnie Simon, Western Michigan
P Tom Hornsey, Memphis
HB Venric Mark, Northwestern
OT Michael Schofield, Michigan
DL Bruce Gaston, Purdue
ILB Andrew Wilson, Missouri

Old 12-28-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'd still have a HUGE hole at the LG position if this were our offseason. I don't think anyone can say they're confident in Legursky.

In regards to James Starks.. It would be awesome to bring him home, but I don't really think he's what we need. IMO we need that bruiser type of back that can pound it in from the 1 or 2 yard-line. I mean, if we're confident Summers can do that, then I'm all for signing Starks.

I'm a bit confused with such a high emphasis on CB too, especially when we need Oline, TE, and safety help (if Byrd walks)

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 12-28-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

2014 NFL Draft:

Free Agent Signings:

Brandon LaFell, WR
James Starks, RB
Jake Bequette, DE
Ellis Lankster, CB

UDFA Signings:

P Tom Hornsey, Memphis
DL Bruce Gaston, Purdue

Old 12-30-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Too be honest, I don't like it. IMO, we need to improve our OL as a first priority, protecting Manual has to be done or he will continue to get injured.
Our defense can already hold its own but our offense needs more pieces to the puzzle unless FA sees us losing a # of starters, a not uncommon practice for the Bills. Of course, it will all depend on who is available when it is our pick.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Too be honest, I don't like it. IMO, we need to improve our OL as a first priority, protecting Manual has to be done or he will continue to get injured.
Our defense can already hold its own but our offense needs more pieces to the puzzle unless FA sees us losing a # of starters, a not uncommon practice for the Bills. Of course, it will all depend on who is available when it is our pick.
I didn't love it overall either. I most definitely do love getting 'the Sex' back in the fold.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I didn't love it overall either. I most definitely do love getting 'the Sex' back in the fold.
I wondered about that.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
How would you guys rank our needs?

QB: ???
No, I think it is, but Manuel gets another full year before its even a possibility
RB: Low (goalline-type guy)
With Jackson's age, and Spillers contract/consistant injury issues, I actually say yes, but a mid to late round consideration for the future.
FB: None (Summers is a beast)Agreed
WR: High (We all know we need a big, physical guy)
Agreed
TE: Medium (Chandler isn't great, but it could be worse - we could have Robert Royal. If he's not resigned this bumps up to high)Agree, although I have had this as high need for years, but they obviously have not no matter who is the head of the regime.
OT: Medium (We're set at LT. Pears is below average at RT. Need a replacement over there)Agreed, my question is do we take a RT/LT type top ten?
OG: High (LG and RG are arguably the two weakest links on the Oline. Both need to be upgraded)With you again, but I think Urbik can still be salvaged, LG for sure.
C: NoneNone

DE: None (I think our DEs are set, sans for maybe a depth guy late in the draft?)Not a need, but depth, especially if Carrington leaves makes me think they'll bring someone in.
DT: None (Same reasoning as DE)I could see them passing this year
LB: High (I honestly don't know how to break down our LB situation because I feel like we don't have classic linebacking positions in this defense. Kiko is obviously there, although, Pettine/Marrone mentioned how they're not even sure if MLB is the best position for him, and they think he can be even better elsewhere in this defense. Moats isn't cutting it, nor is Bradham. We need a stud guy we can plug next to Kiko. 2 good linebackers should be all we need due to the amount of times we play with 3 safeties in the game.)I could see OLB being a need with Hughes being a FA next year, I dont think they utilize enough 2 ILB defenses to warrant much consideration outside of depth, although if they move Alonso outside, Mosley would fit and ILB would change to a need. Bradham has been a huge disapointment, Moats IMO is a servicable back up special teams player. I think the scheme, and flexability needed to run it make it a possibility, tough call IMO as well, I have a hard time commenting on the position myself as it is a tough call IMO as well.
CB: MediumI actually like our top three right now, maybe depth, mid to late round consideration. I think they are utilizing McLovin correctly, Gilmore will bounce back, and Shorty is perfect in the slot. Top three are set IMO.
S: High/Low (Obviously this is dependent on the Byrd situation. I honestly don't think he'll be back, but there's still a chance. If he goes, I think we'll really need another guy back there. I'm not sure if the combo of Meeks/Duke Williams can fill his shoes just yet.Byrd coming back or leaving dictates this clearly IMO as well, if he leaves, I do think Williams, Williams, Meeks and a FA or Leonard returning can hold down the fort... Having said that, if Byrd leaves and a good value is there in the mid rounds, I would go that route with what we have.
Not sure how I would rank our needs, although I would say offense should be the draft priority, RT, LG (Not at 9), WR, TE leading the way. Defensively, possibly a LB and S (Not at 9), depending on value available, which might happen. If I had it my way, protection for Manuel or a true playmaker offensively at TE or WR would be the way I would go.
With the first pick, I would say OLB, WR or TE most likely, impact playmaker.
Possiblllly.... a tackle, due to value....

My question to everyone is this; Do you take a RT at 9?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:

2014 NFL Draft:

Free Agent Signings:

Brandon LaFell, WR
James Starks, RB
Jake Bequette, DE
Ellis Lankster, CB

UDFA Signings:

P Tom Hornsey, Memphis
DL Bruce Gaston, Purdue
Not a fan of taking IEO in the first, or of not bringing in another guard at all. Love the move up to land KVN, I think he is severly under rated at this point, and could play effectively any LB spot for the most part, and like landing Moses in the 3rd, the rest of the draft is what it is...

Not sure where Duquette fits in this D, I like Lafell, but I dont see him as an upgrade over Johnson or Woods, or as the true playmaking WR we need, not sure what he brings to the table aside from depth. Starks is ok, but a power back or long term starter is what we need IMO, for depth purposes he would work short term. Lankster would be a nice dime player, and could work.

UDFA; I like Wilson and Mark as developmental guys. Simon could be in the same boat. The rest I have not looked into too much, so I cant comments.

I think the offense needs more help honestly, I would like it more overall if that first pick was either protection or with Moses in the third (despite the hindsight) more likely a weapon for Manuel, or else his development would be hindered IMO, and projecting him as a "franchise" QB just stays muddled.

For what ever its worth, that is my .02.

Last edited by Poz51 : 01-08-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

I had tried to trade down at #8 after Mack was taken. My plan was to trade down in hopes of landing in the low 1st and getting Van Noy and then snag David Yankey in the 2nd. I selected Ifo because I've never liked McKelvin's game and I likely overthought CB as a need because of it. After trading up for Van Noy, there were no solid guards left in the late 3rd. Reid, along with Gaston, I like as developmental players who can fit in any slot along our D-Line. Blanchflower and Stone were essentially throw-away, depth picks.

The Sex had to be brought back. He has one home, that's Buffalo, and y'all know it

Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Well Efo just said he is returning to school, and Yankey hasn't declared just yet.

There are 4 very solid LT's in this year's draft and I'd love to draft one and move Glenn to RT. Glenn is a very average LT but would be a star at RT and it would improve our OL immensely. I'd even prefer an OG in round 2. The defense is solid enough unless Wilson lets a few top FA walk, Manual needs to be better protected or we'll be drafting another QB in a couple of years.
I'd draft offense, more offense and even more offense in this year's draft.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

An ideal offseason for me:

Draft:
  1. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  2. La'el Collins, OG, LSU

Free Agency:
  • Geoff Schwartz

LT: Cordy Glenn
LG: La'el Collins
C: Eric Wood
RG: Geoff Schwartz
RT: Greg Robinson

Go get a guy like James Jones in FA, maybe CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Andrew Jackson in the 4th.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Well Efo just said he is returning to school, and Yankey hasn't declared just yet.

There are 4 very solid LT's in this year's draft and I'd love to draft one and move Glenn to RT. Glenn is a very average LT but would be a star at RT and it would improve our OL immensely. I'd even prefer an OG in round 2. The defense is solid enough unless Wilson lets a few top FA walk, Manual needs to be better protected or we'll be drafting another QB in a couple of years.
I'd draft offense, more offense and even more offense in this year's draft.
The forum mock started like a month ago, so it was speculation at the time as to who was declaring.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
An ideal offseason for me:

Draft:
  1. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  2. La'el Collins, OG, LSU

Free Agency:
  • Geoff Schwartz

LT: Cordy Glenn
LG: La'el Collins
C: Eric Wood
RG: Geoff Schwartz
RT: Greg Robinson

Go get a guy like James Jones in FA, maybe CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Andrew Jackson in the 4th.
Personally I would love to get Robinson in the first, not sure they would take a RT in the top 10 with no near future plans on moving him to LT, I also love the offensive line you constructed. However that is alot of money and resources tied up in the offensive line, not sure I see it, or rather the front office going that rounte.