Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Some guys are just good at avoiding being hit...both fast and not so fast. Chad Johnson was probably really hit like 3 times in his career and i wouldnt call him exceptionally fast

Deseasn jackson has been really hit like twice, but the downside is the one nearly ripped his head off, which is the problem with tavon, he is so small
DeSean doesn't get hit bc he literally never runs in the middle of the field. He goes deep and will only cross the middle once he's 20 yards down the field.

The few times he tried he got lit up and never tried again. Think about it, when was the last time you saw Jackson take a slant?

Chad still had a lot more meat on his bones than Austin. Austin is like 160 lbs soaking wet. All I'm saying is, I'm skeptical.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i edit my previous post, i just think he will get 7-9 catches per game quite a bit as the dump off guy.

If Andrew hawkins can be even a little effective i think tavon can. especially if bradford gets dink and dunking vision on him
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. The Steelers will finish last in the AFC North

2. The Colts will win the AFC South.

3. The Patriots will not miss a beat and will win 11-13 games.

4. Michael Vick will start the season strong but will get too tempted to run in this system and won't play more than 10 games.

5. Two running backs in the NFC North (Forte, Bush) will have more receptions than the leading receiver on the Vikings.

6. The NFC West will be the best overall division in the league, record wise.

7. Jordan Cameron will catch 80+ balls for the Browns.

8. Sam Bradford is the MIP this year with 30+ TD's.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
1. The Patriot's offense shifts to their running backs and Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen both post 1000 yards from scrimmage.
Shane Vereen obviously missed a lot of time, but Stevan Ridley is paced for right around a thousand, and Vereen is averaging 100 yards from scrimmage in his limited game action.

Quote:
2. Braylon Edwards shows he's not quite done yet and takes advantage of the Jets lack of depth at... offense... to post the second-best statistical season of his career.
I had to put something in here I really didn't think would happen.

Quote:
Alex Smith posts career numbers across the board and makes his first Pro Bowl as the Chiefs make the playoffs.
3553 yards, 22 total TDs, and 456 rushing yards would indeed be career-bests, by significant margins, but he's not going to make the Pro Bowl. Chiefs have clearly turned it around, though.

Quote:
4. The Falcons can't maintain their level of separation over their quietly-improved NFC South competition and miss the playoffs.
I'll say.

Quote:
5. Detroit's defensive line flips a switch and the improved quality/consistency of play is enough to allow the tweaked offense to carry the team to 10 wins and a playoff birth. Reggie Bush leads all running backs in receptions and make the Pro Bowl.
The class of the bottom-third of the league, Detroit's defense is at least adequate against the run thanks to Fairley and Suh, but the lack of pass rush and coverage still has opponents enjoying big offensive days. But it has been good enough for them to be leading the NFC North, though they look more 9-7 than 10-6. Reggie Bush is only 8th among backs in receptions, but is probably headed for his first Pro Bowl as an actual running back.

Quote:
6. (Homer prediction) Golden Tate becomes Seattle's number one receiver and posts somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 yards and 10 TDs on ~70 catches.
He's been Russell Wilson's biggest downfield threat and best RAC option in Percy's absence, but he's sharing the lead role with Doug Baldwin, who takes care of the precision work. On pace for 60 catches, 875 yards and 6 TDs. I was optimistic.

How are everybody else's looking?

Last edited by Caulibflower : 11-25-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
1: Everyone is predicting the Jets to flop this year, but led by Geno Smith and a top 5 defense they finish with at least 7 wins!

2: Oakland finishes 0-16.

3: Jermichael Finley leads TE's for receiving yards.

4: The Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens, don't make the playoffs.

5: Mike Vick stays healthy for at least 12 games and the Eagles make the playoffs.

Homer: Casey Hayward wins DPOY!
1. Genooooooooooo

2. Their QB play was a lot less ridiculously terrible than I thought.

3. He got injured and Aaron got injured, but he likely wouldn't have. He was a lot better than previous years, though.

4. Joe Flacco sucks.

5. Who knew Nick Foles would be the next Peyton Manning? But they made the playoffs!

Homer: Only played one game all season :/

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-30-2013 at 09:45 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
1. All the preseason hype is on Miami to be the team that finally pushes New England. But Buffalo, led by the runaway winner of the OROTY EJ Manuel, will be that team.

2. The Andy Reid-Alex Smith experiment is a massive failure, with Kansas City only winning only 5 games.

3. Seattle, the hot pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, falls short of those expectations, going 7-9.

4. Denard Robinson is the only player to challenge EJ Manuel for OROTY after scoring 12+ TDs in 5 different ways (punt return, kick return, rushing, receiving, & passing).

5. Denver finishes 14-2 with their only losses coming week one against Baltimore and the last game against Oakland when Peyton Manning is resting for the playoffs.

Homer: Matt Forte leads the league in yards from scrimmage (1,948) and total TD (17).
1. Oof, Buffalo again finished in last place and Manuel was not all that great.

2. I meant to say Andy Reid-Alex Smith would be a massive success and they'd only lose 5 games.

3. The were the best team in the NFC. Oops.

4. Robinson had 154 total yards and no TDs. Just a bit wrong there.

5. Not horribly wrong here but still pretty bad.

Homer: I was only 15 yards off on my total yards guess (1933 vs. 1948). Forte had 12 TDs, so a little lower than I thought. But still, 3rd in total yards and 6th in TDs is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
1. Jets make the playoffs

2. San Francisco misses the playoffs

3. The sack record gets broken

4. Denard Robinson replaces MJD as the feature back in Jacksonville

5. Jay Cutler is a better and more productive qb in 2013/2014 than Aaron Rodgers

Homer pick: The Giants have a top 3 offense in the NFL.
1. Welp...I knew they'd be better than everyone gave them credit for but I reached a little with this one and fell short.

2. Ha. So wrong.

3. Didn't happen.

4. Ha. I drank the Robinson kool aid and got suckered into thinking he didn't suck.

5. Technically I mightve been right? I don't know, they both missed games.

My homer pick went so terribly wrong...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
1. Cam Newton leads the Panthers to a Wild Card Berth including 35+ Total Touchdowns.

2. Manti Te'o wins Defensive ROY

3. Andy Dalton throws for 4,500+ Yards leading the Bengals to the Divisional Round to lose to the Denver Broncos.

4. Superbowl XLVIII will consist of the Houston Texans vs. New Orleans Saints

5. The all-time sack record will finally be broken this year by Cameron Wake

Homer Prediction: Christian Ponder silents the haters and shows improvement by throwing for 3,300-3,700 yards with 25 touchdowns.
1. Well I got the Panthers to the playoffs correct but never would have thought first-round bye. He did have 30 total TD's though.

2. Went out on a limb on this one.. But 61 tackles isn't too bad.

3. Threw for 4,293 yards but choked against the Chargers.

4. Hahaha I was way off on the Texans. Saints still have an outside shot.

5. He had 8.5 sacks.. 14 sacks shy.. ouch.

Homer Prediction: Uhh well I guess thats why they call it a homer prediction... clearly I was drunk or something when I made that one.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
1. The Jets make the playoffs.

2. Manti Te'o finds a real girlfriend and lives happily ever after

3. Aaron Hernandez returns Week 16 after months of buildup and hype surrounding it ala Derrick Rose.

4. St. Louis Rams win the division after Kaepernick and Wilson both struggle in their second year starting. Bradford is gonna have a huge year!

5. Tampa Bay has the best defence in the league and Darrelle Revis wins DPOTY.

Homer: Jake Locker wins MVP and as he accepts the award he drops the mic and retires, citing the reason that he always wanted to follow his dream and become a grad assistant at the University of Washington.
1. Close enough
2. Faaaaar from it.
3. Maybe for playoffs!
4. Nailed it.
5. Well, Lavonte David was pretty good and he plays on that team...once again, close enough.

Homer: He still might.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:18 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
1. Two NFC wildcard teams will come from the same division

2. Bengals win the AFC North

3. Ryan Matthews has 1,200 yards for the Chargers

4. Eli Mannings injury streak snaps

5. Marcus Lattimore scores a TD this season.

Homer: Saints defense is Top 10 in INTs this season.
So bengals won the AFC, Mathews got 1200. The Cardinals almost made my first prediction true, and Eli Manning probably shouldve sat out a game or two. Lattimore was a far reach of a pick, and my homer pick sucked.

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Rob Ryan is in an epic failure in new orleans and is relegated to being a position coach, where he belongs, for the rest of his career. his days of living off his familys reputation finally come to an end.
Suck it.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
1) The Eagles offense surprises the league and paves the way to them making the playoffs. I think the Chip Kelly might just surprise everyone or fail hard.

2) Luck gets in the MVP race. His completing percentage jumps 10%, adds 12 Tds and cuts out 8 Ints. The Colts also win the AFCSouth.

3) Only 1 team from the NFCW makes the playoffs at 11 wins. With all of the teams getting more decent they take each other out.

4) Bengals represent the AFC in the Superbowl. Dalton steps up and plays like a winner.

5) The Patriots offense falls off a lot. When Amendola gets hurt, the weapons just won't be there. Brady will have to shoulder more of the burden and his turnovers go up. The running backs will get theirs but the offense won't be nearly as productive. They still win the division because the other 3 are worse.

6) Kaepernick come down to earth with a rocky sophomore season. The read option gets less substantial gains and impact. He also deals with some minor injuries that hurt his mobility. He won't be outright bad, but he will struggle at times.

7) STL, TB, MIN, DAL, HOU, & OAK all decide to start making plans to move on to new QBs. They might not cut guys immediately, but they make the appropriate steps to draft/sign new ones.

8) Aaron Rodgers misses significant time (4-8 games over the year) because of his crappy OL. VY comes in and plays like a decent back up because of the quality of the WR core & new run game and actually wins a little less than half his starts.

9) Jacksonville gets 1 win and has to decide between Clowney and being suck with Gabbert still or Bridgewater and passing on a certain all pro.

10) Peyton Manning breaks the passing TD record again at 52 TDS and has 3 1,000 yard receivers again. The Broncos go 14-2 and then Peyton loses in the playoffs.

-Homer: Joe Flacco finally breaks 4k passing and 30TDs. The playoffs version is the real deal and he and Torrey form the best deep ball combo in the league. Deepballs. All. Day. Long.

-Adrian Peterson gets disillusioned by Ponders ineptitude and walks away for the year. Toby Gerhart then runs for 2098 yards and refuses to pass the ball.

-Ravens get desperate for receivers and bring out the rolodex and bring back Clarence Moore. He goes off for 500 yards and 3 TD over the season. The game is never the same.
1) Well the Eagles did make the playoffs and really hit their stride on offense with Foles. The offense was top 5 in points a game and #2 in points a game. I'll call this a win.

2) Luck went up 6%, same TD passes, 9 less INTs. Not MVP level numbers at all, but he was a much better fit with Hamilton's offense instead of the deep pass heavy one from last year. Still got 11 wins. This better but not a big jump.

3) Big whiff. NFCW was still awesome. 49ers were worse a little but Seattle was money. Arizona protected Palmer enough to stay healthy. St. Louis lost Bradford but the defense was awesome. In fact the whole division was amazing on defense.

4) Dalton put up numbers but people aren't happy with his play. The Bengals have a contender roster but Dalton is a liability. He is only a 3rd year player so some of this is unfair.

5) Nope, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are who we thought they were. Amazing job adapting the offense to the players. Brady can make anything work. The division also was a joke.

6) Yup. The SF passing offense was a weak point and the read option isn't anything anymore. He was good at times, but bad as well. I count this a win.

7) Was this even a prediction? Lets see what happens in the off season.

8) Hey Rodgers did miss a lot of time, but VY didn't stick. I thought it could have been a decent match. Probably better than what they did have when Rodgers went down. The run game did get revived too.

9) Looked like it for a bit and then they decided to pull out some wins. After Clowneys season I think Bridgewater is the clear pick for the #1 pick. A QB is just generally more important.

10) I'm gonna count it. Manning broke everything pretty much. Julius Thomas emerging split the yards with Welker plus him missing time. I'm praying Manning still can win the SB but there is still time for Manning to fall apart.

Flacco is a guy who needs time and a run game. This is what happens when he gets neither. He won't create something out of nothing but can win with the pieces around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote