Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
But, he's seen the Shield.
Considering Vidae has terrible taste in things he probably wouldn't like it. Fooooool.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
So you haven't seen HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREETS!

It was really good during the days of all the 90s cop shows. Probably my favorite one.

It had Yaphet Koto, Andre Braugher, Richard Belzer, Melissa Leo, and Clark Johnson (the Newspaper editor from s5 of The Wire.)

Also David Simon was a writer on the show. It's also set in Baltimore.
Obviously not. 7 year program? Let's see if B99 can beat it. lol.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homicide is a pretty great show though I only watched season one and that was 8 years ago.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major Crimes - G.W. Bailey showed no age factor in shooting. lol.

Bitten - I had it taped so I will check Laura Vandervoort out any time. Hopefully, it is not common bs.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Homicide is a pretty great show though I only watched season one and that was 8 years ago.
I haven't seen it since re-runs stopped around ~7 years ago. It may have not aged well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished S1 of The Wire. The last 3 episodes were very good, but I'm not sure they alone make up for the first 7-8 episodes were I was literally forcing myself to watch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody see any of this Rick & Morty cartoon? Apparently co-created by Dan Harmon. Kind of weird but definitely made me laugh a few times.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Anybody see any of this Rick & Morty cartoon? Apparently co-created by Dan Harmon. Kind of weird but definitely made me laugh a few times.
Yea it's on Adult Swim at night and I've been watching it. It's pretty funny. I just saw the one where some alien race kidnaps them (and his dad) to try to learn the formula for dark matter, or something? It was late, so I was sort of not paying a lot of attention, but I do like what I've seen.

Hungry For Apples?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Finished S1 of The Wire. The last 3 episodes were very good, but I'm not sure they alone make up for the first 7-8 episodes were I was literally forcing myself to watch them.
Brace yourself, the next four seasons are the greatest in the history of television. I felt the same way about the early episodes of season one and quit watching after the first three episodes but eventually went back. I'm happy I did.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six episodes into watching 'The Sopranos' for the first time.

I'm enjoying it, but possibly in part because I've been conditioned to need to like it. It is always revered as the "first of its kind" drama that influenced future shows so heavily. I just don't think it could ever stack up with Breaking Bad, which has so many superior secondary aspects (cinematography, music, etc.) aside from plot and character elements at the heart of the respective shows.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Brace yourself, the next four seasons are the greatest in the history of television. I felt the same way about the early episodes of season one and quit watching after the first three episodes but eventually went back. I'm happy I did.
This.

I am finishing up season 4 now for the 3rd time. It shows how much of a genius Dave Simon is. Making a show about kids cant miss TV for adults
Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to "Rake".

Looks like the lawyer version of House.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Six episodes into watching 'The Sopranos' for the first time.

I'm enjoying it, but possibly in part because I've been conditioned to need to like it. It is always revered as the "first of its kind" drama that influenced future shows so heavily. I just don't think it could ever stack up with Breaking Bad, which has so many superior secondary aspects (cinematography, music, etc.) aside from plot and character elements at the heart of the respective shows.
The enigma that is Tony Soprano is better than any character on Breaking Bad. The secondary characters in the Sopranos, at times, are laughably bad actors. What sets Breaking Bad apart from other series is the seamless transition from one season to the next. You feel like you are in one big story and EVERYTHING seems to fit together like it had been written that way from the beginning.

I really enjoyed the Sopranos because I'm a huge Mafia history nerd, but I can see where the flaws in acting, cinematography, plot lines, etc could get in the way of enjoyment for someone who isn't intrigued by the mafia prior to watching the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'll be watching but they've done a decent job with the promos and Kinnear seems like a solid lead.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I felt the same way. I forced myself through them. I looked up what people thought of the Wire and saw how they ranked the seasons. They rank season 2 as the worst and season 1 as the third best. Honestly after reading that I was hesitant to watch much more. I watched season 2 worried that it was going to be crap the whole time...however I felt it was much better than season 1. I am 3-4 eps into season 3 right now and still feel that season 2 is better than 3, but It picks up a bit each episode. Honestly I dont see how this is considered a top ten show but I am only a couple episodes into season 3. I hear that it is really going to pick up.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Had an idea, want to know who might be interested in doing a forum contest for fun like we used to do many years back

Brodeur and I were discussing currently out-of-work or under-utilized television actors that need to be part of a new hypothetical show.

Everyone can pitch a TV show with a certain network in mind, detail the show's premise, assemble a cast of up to 10 people or so, and we'll vote on which sounds the coolest.

Anyone interested?
Is this going to come to fruition??? I'd be so stoked to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got a few episodes into season 2 and stopped when I realized I was only still watching because people from the internet were telling me to.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I mean I understand but I discount the opinion on the show from anybody who hasn't watched all of seasons three and four. Some of the best television ever.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Angelo was an incredible character in my opinion. Him alone would've kept me engaged early on in the series.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Wire hate...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Is this going to come to fruition??? I'd be so stoked to do this.
I want to do it. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me organize or co-run it. I'm in the midst of a busy week.

I posted my suggested parameters a few days back. Do we need to add any stipulations?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This Wire hate...

I was hoping you saw The Blacklist last night. Reddington settled quite a few old scores. It was a thing of beauty.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This Wire hate...

Didn't hate it, I'll probably come back to it at some point. Just didn't see it in the same way as a lot of people seem to, and I find it hard to believe that anything they do in the seasons I haven't seen yet would be enough for me to put it in the same category as Breaking Bad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude it was never awful but literally almost all of season 1 was nothing special either. It moves along at a snails pace and most of the characters aren't overly interesting outside of Omar, Avon, and his second in command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I got a few episodes into season 2 and stopped when I realized I was only still watching because people from the internet were telling me to.
I swear if I get to the end of this show, through the later season everyone keeps telling me and it doesnt drastically improve I will reign fire down on everyone in this thread for calling it easily the best show of all time. Because S1 puts it nowhere in contention, where as breaking bad there isn't a single season I could say that about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude it was never awful but literally almost all of season 1 was nothing special either. It moves along at a snails pace and most of the characters aren't overly interesting outside of Omar, Avon, and his second in command.
D'Angelo is incredible. He is the essence of the Wire.