Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation < Create Your Own TV Show Contest Thread >

As discussed recently in the TV discussion thread, here's the contest parameters:

1) Declare what network your show is best suited for
2) Establish the genre (comedy, drama, something else) and duration (number of episodes, length of episodes) for your series.
3) Build the cast — There won't be strictly defined rules here, but the chosen actors should fulfill most of these criteria:
– The actors must be people you could plausibly envision doing regular TV work. No casting huge movies stars that are unlikely to commit to such a project at the current stage of their career.
– Cast something like 8 to 10 people for your show. There should be a reasonable balance of lead, secondary and supporting actors. Don't make a show with four big-name actors unless you can really justify a time-share for lead acting.
– Actors chosen should be restricted to those not currently attached to a major television show. Exceptions can be made if the actor's current show is some sort of miniseries/limited run series or he/she is utilized in a small, recurring role on a current show. Ideally, your chosen cast will consist mostly of out-of-work or under-utilized TV actors. Use your best judgment to determine who qualifies.
4) Give a brief description of each character you create.
5) Describe the general premise of your series, including what the pilot episode might entail. Provide 3 to 4 additional plot lines or major themes that might be explored during the show's first season.
6) Explain what currently-existing TV shows might serve as influences for your hypothetical series to give a better sense of the show's format, style, tone and visual presentation.

A few more caveats:

– Avoid reassembling more than two cast members from a single actual TV show.
– The premise of your show doesn't necessarily have to be wholly new and original. You could, for instance, make the show a loose adaptation of sorts from a book or something, though I'd hope you put your own spin on it.
– Include details on the format of the show when applicable. Example: Single camera vs. Multi-cam
– Make sure you detail the setting of the show, both location and time period.

Any questions. I'm not going to moderate this whole contest. I'm just posting the initial details to get it rolling, as requested.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah sure why not.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't so much a formal contest as it is a chance to see what cool concept/cast each of us can come up with.

Please post your shows in spoiler brackets.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be fun, but I'd just end up using the show I'm actually writing. :(
Old 01-14-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*giggity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also plan on using Drew's idea.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring it, foos

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Let's shoot for having our ideas posted by Sunday afternoon.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the same boat as Drew. But I might make something else up if I can think of anything.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This all started with me thinking of actors that should have new TV shows to star in. If nothing else, build a cast with bare bones of a plot built around them.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should move this thread to Fantasy, less clogged

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
We should move this thread to Fantasy, less clogged
If a mod can do it, do it.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested
Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm in the same boat as Drew. But I might make something else up if I can think of anything.
SP, you're writing a show?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this isn't a draft, just post your own ideas, right? I could probably get this done.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So this isn't a draft, just post your own ideas, right? I could probably get this done.
Correct. The parameters are listed in the first post. Just make of this what you want.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Devil in the White City

Please let me know if anything else needs to be added.

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 01-20-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

Well this died a sad death...

Quote:
Titty sprinkles