Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-17-2014, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good job with the coaching hires for you guys, I was hoping for this for the cowboys at HC and OC but we're not smart enough to make the obvious move. If Norv joins him, I really hope it works out for you all and you win a bowl or two.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Good job with the coaching hires for you guys, I was hoping for this for the cowboys at HC and OC but we're not smart enough to make the obvious move. If Norv joins him, I really hope it works out for you all and you win a bowl or two.
I like you do you like me?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I like you do you like me?
Um, okay, yeah. lol
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so excited about this team right now, what a complete and total 180 from two months ago.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Turner to Minnesota is a done deal.

the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-norv-turner/

Quote:
As expected, the Vikings have tabbed an experienced coordinator and former head coach to oversee their offense.

The Vikings will be adding Norv Turner as offensive coordinator, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reported on Saturday.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts on the Zimmer/Turner hires:

Last edited by The_Dude : 01-18-2014 at 09:59 PM.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I am so excited about this team right now, what a complete and total 180 from two months ago.
Don't get too overly optimistic. I think Zimmer/ Turner will do great for our Defense/ Offense. Turner has shown that he can make great QB's out of scrubs such as Jason Campbell/ Hoyer/ Weeden last year. I give the team one more good year/ draft and we will be contenders again.

I was too optimistic last year after the draft and at the beginning of the season, only to be extremely disappointed.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda thought we were due for a down turn for the 2013 season. Too much went right in 2012 and I thought we still had holes. Offense I feel is much closer to being very good than D. Help is needed at all three levels for the defense. But, as others have said, I'm optimistic Zimmer can be the one to get it done.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Eagles hire Musgrave as their QB coach. So that means he won't be back in an capacity. Huzzah!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavaris Jackson won a Super Bowl and Tim Brewster won a National Championship. What in the actual ****?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-of-contract/

Quote:
Report: Matt Cassel to opt out of contract

Posted by Josh Alper on February 5, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
39ca5cfed283a2e542dd94ebd586bf3a
AP
Earlier this week, we discussed the decision that Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel has to make this week regarding his contract.

Cassel has until Friday to opt out of the final year of the two-year deal he signed with the Vikings before last season, the first half of a mutual option on the deal that also gives the Vikings the right to pay $500,000 to Cassel to void the final year in the event he lets Friday pass without taking any action. According to a report from Darren Wolfson of KTSP and 1500 ESPN, they won’t have a decision to make.

Wolfson reports that Cassel will void the final year of the deal, which comes with a $3.7 million salary, and become a free agent. Doing so suggests Cassel and his agent believe they can land either more money or a better chance to start on the open market. The Vikings are expected to be actively looking for a quarterback this offseason, something that could leave another quarterback with a chance to open the season in the lineup if they draft a quarterback who isn’t ready to go in Week One.

If Cassel is opting out, Christian Ponder will be the only quarterback on the roster when free agency starts in March. That would only add more urgency to their search for help at the position, although Cassel could still wind up back in Minnesota even after opting out.
The bold part made me throw up in my mouth a little bit....
Old 02-05-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-of-contract/

The bold part made me throw up in my mouth a little bit....
Yeah that's a scary thing but I really don't want us to reach on a QB at 8 like we did with Ponder at 12.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah that's a scary thing but I really don't want us to reach on a QB at 8 like we did with Ponder at 12.
Yeah, the "With the eighth pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Derek Carr, quarterback, Fresno State" potential soundbyte is haunting right now.

Last edited by the_legend_killer : 02-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

i hate you for even saying that....
Old 02-05-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping that jinxed it (But now that I mentioned it's a jinx, it might happen. So I was totally not serious with that).
Old 02-06-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Vikings announce staff (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...e-8d343f1a4324). Priefer's on it. No real surprises.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Vikings cut Erin Henderson. Not surprising.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:26 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Vikings cut Erin Henderson. Not surprising.
Not surprising at all. Him and Cassel leaving clears up more cap space. It will be an interesting offseason.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a list of Vikings FA this off season.

Matt Cassel, QB
Josh Freeman, QB
Toby Gerhart, RB
Jerome Simpson, WR
Joe Webb, WR/QB
J'Marcus Webb, OL
Charlie Johnson, OL
Seth Olsen, OL
Joe Berger, OL
Jared Allen, DE
Everson Griffen, DE
Fred Evans, DT
Kevin Williams, DT
Desmond Bishop, LB
Erin Henderson, LB
Marvin Mitchell, LB
Chris Cook, CB

Everson Griffen is the only one out of the bunch Id really like to get resigned. Maybe Cook to a minimum deal as long as we bring in some more corners and we dont depend on him as a starter.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Anyone hear anything about us getting after Michael Johnson? My buddy brought it up the other day as a rumor going around, but I haven't heard anything credible. It would be too perfect though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Anyone hear anything about us getting after Michael Johnson? My buddy brought it up the other day as a rumor going around, but I haven't heard anything credible. It would be too perfect though.
Pure speculation based off the connection with Zimmer.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been hearing the same thing about Alterraun Verner, just because we hired there DB coach.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Well I want them both.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote