Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-16-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of system did Eli have at Mississippi under Cutliffe?

I haven't been able to watch much college football
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Eli going to be the only player left who won both SB's if Tuck leaves as a FA and Snee is cut?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is Eli going to be the only player left who won both SB's if Tuck leaves as a FA and Snee is cut?
Kevin Boothe if he re-signs. How many years did we sign Ross for this past offseason?

Kiwi was on the team but injured.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising at all. It's a young man's game and rosters turn over every 3 to 4 years.

It's amazing when you think about it, how short most NFL careers are. If you play 10+ years in this league you deserve a medal of honor.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd also cut Kiwi to make room for Tuck. They are actually the same exact age.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck's contract extension is gonna make me so sad.

I hope it's 2 years.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross was a 1 yr deal I believe but I did forget about him and Kiwi.

Tuck is going to ball out still. Still can't believe all the haters.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This year was fool's gold GF. It was fool's gold.

We have no choice but to re-sign him though. We can't cut everybody.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well he's a FA so it's possible another team offers him more than we would. I'd say 50/50 whether he re-signs with us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'd say it's more than that. Tuck wants us more then we want him. He wants to take the Strahan route to having a successful post football career and knows he needs to be active here to do so.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Really? Tuck doesn't come off to me as being interested in a broadcast career after he's done. Career Giant though, yes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't think he wants broadcasting, I think he wants to be on TV in some capacity for sure though.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think he wants broadcasting, I think he wants to be on TV in some capacity for sure though.
Well yeah that's what I meant. I don't think he has any TV aspirations. You guys all blame him for being quiet and a bad leader and now you think he wants to be on TV?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's quiet on the field but he never saw a camera or microphone he didn't like after the game.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haha so not true at all. Do you think if he really quit on the team that everyone would still look up to him so much?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I never said he quit. I said he's quiet.

Tuck tries. He tries his ass off. But he's always hurt. This year was an aberration. He's healthy like once every 4 years.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I never said he quit. I said he's quiet.

Tuck tries. He tries his ass off. But he's always hurt. This year was an aberration. He's healthy like once every 4 years.
My bad! I did a quick read and missed the e. You're right about health but I really wish he's back. Starting/3rd DE and we're good to go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
My bad! I did a quick read and missed the e. You're right about health but I really wish he's back. Starting/3rd DE and we're good to go.
I'm torn. I really am. If we get this year's Tuck it's great to squeeze 2 more years out of him. I'm just not confident at all that we'll get that though.

If we had less holes I'd say we're safer just letting him go, but because we have SOOOO many holes, I think we have to gamble on him and hope it works out. We can't fix everything in 1 offseason so we just gotta pray.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm also preparing myself to seeing Linval go. It's going to be a huge loss and something we regret. Would have loved to see him and Hankins beats it up together.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Really? I think we can re-sign him. Why wouldn't we?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Really? I think we can re-sign him. Why wouldn't we?
I think another team will outbid and we stick firm on our offer. Robbins/Cofield type situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I think another team will outbid and we stick firm on our offer. Robbins/Cofield type situation.
I don't see that happening this time. 2 down run stuffers aren't worth what they used to be. Teams won't overpay for him. It's not like he's Ngata out there.

The value of those kind of players has significantly dipped since Coffield got his contract.

Times are a changin'
Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I sure hope your right. No one will run on us with those 2 out there and a healthy JPP. If we can make teams 1 dimensional that would be a great help to the D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Beason was a huge addition to our run D too. Before we got him, we didn't have any linebackers who could fill gaps and tackle. It was painful to watch.

The sad thing is...Beason isn't even good. He's just mediocre. But our LB core is SO bad that a mediocre player stood out like an all star to us. It's so sad.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There were a few games where Beason played like an All Pro but then there were other where he was so so. Overall a much needed upgrade.

I'm comfortable letting Nicks walk now also if this new offense is going to be what we think. I was worried about Randle in the old system but if this is more like GB then Randle can really shine now.

sig by BoneKrusher