Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-21-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us wasting too many draft picks to move into the top 15. Because of our cap situation and mega contracts guys like Aldon and CK will garner in the next two years, we will have to supplement our roster with depth in key areas this draft. We could possibly be losing Whitner, Rogers, and Brown from the secondary. We have to add some young talent at WR. Also need some depth among the O-Line. And we're going to have to do all this, at bargain prices. So there's no other place to start with that than the draft. Out of our 13 picks, I can see us drafting at least 10-11 players, plugging some depth issues there more so than free agency where your going to overspend, more times than not. I don't think we'll be as active with the wheeling and dealing as most think we will.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-21-2014 at 11:59 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I don't see us wasting too many draft picks to move into the top 15. Because of our cap situation and mega contracts guys like Aldon and CK will garner in the next two years, we will have to supplement our roster with depth in key areas this draft. We could possibly be losing Whitner, Rogers, and Brown from the secondary. We have to add some young talent at WR. Also need some depth among the O-Line. And we're going to have to do all this, at bargain prices. So there's no other place to start with that than the draft. Out of our 13 picks, I can see us drafting at least 10-11 players, plugging some depth issues there more so than free agency where your going to overspend, more times than not. I don't think we'll be as active with the wheeling and dealing as most think we will.
Just get me Sammy Watkins. Or some young receiver with some speed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
I can see us moving up in the first round to draft a CB like we did last year in order to get Reid. With the 13 draft picks we have, all im hoping for is a starting left cornerback, a starting SS to replace Whitner, a starting C to replace Goodwin, an OG to possibly replace Iupati in 2015 as I think he'll be the odd man out when it comes to extending players and another CB for depth purposes.

If we can somehow manage that within the first three rounds, I for one will be extremely happy and the rest of the draft would just be a bonus. I can definitely see us trading back into the third round or moving up in the third round if a player they like slips/falls.

I can see us ending between 8-10 rookies as im sure we'll make at least one or two trades to acquire picks for 2015. Last draft, we selected 11 players. Let two go (Cooper and Daniels) with a third being on the practice squad (Bykowski). Add in Carradine and Lattimore and we had only 6 players active for us in 2013.

I dont see free agency even being an option for us due to us having to extend several players. If we do sign any free agents, I would say that it would be third tier players. Personally, with all the draft picks the team has and an already stacked roster, I would be surprised if we do end up signing any free agents. If anything, im expecting the team to release a few lower level players to get extra cap space and replace them via the Draft.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:36 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Just get me Sammy Watkins. Or some young receiver with some speed.
Obviously, you love Watkins but we both know that unless he falls into the late teens, there's no way we're getting him. Considering that he's projected to go top five right now, that trade up would be way too costly.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Few immediate needs.

Gotta package picks for the future.

Much rather end up with extra picks in 2015/2016 than a higher pick in 2014.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they're targeting someone in the teens again like they did with Reid, why not package a couple and move up and get their guy?! Especially if we end up with a hole at S with the potential that Whitner leaves or at WR if Boldin leaves.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut Kaep. Sign Tebow. Sign BJ Daniels to be his backup. Trade entire draft for Megatron and Suh and a sixth-round pick. Fire Harbaugh. Hire Norv. Fire Roman. Hire Mike Shanahan. Fire Fangio. Hire Cowher. Simple.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't get this fanbase. I know we lost a heartbreaker on Sunday but now ppl are spewing alot of 'woe is me' rationale about windows closing and having to win a SB this year because Gore and Cowboy are slowing down and just mindless dribble about how we blew our opportunity.

I don't see it that way. The biggest thing that hinders franchises in the NFL is the front office, coaching, and lack of talent at the QB position. If you have all 3 of those working for you, you can have a sustained run at success. You might have a couple of lean years here and there but you'll always be in the hunt. We are currently one of those teams who has all 3 in place. People can rag on CK all they want but he is one of the most dynamic players in this league and has just scratched the surface of his potential. If anything, this was the year to catch us slipping because he isn't there yet. But I pray for the rest of the league 2014 and beyond because he's only going to get better. And the fact that he's mad and highly motivated will only push him that much harder to make the naysayers eat their words.

So I feel its a cop out to say our window is only open for so long. For every older star who ppl say only has a few years left so therefore our window is shorter, we have up and coming players. Guys where you can see the talent and know over time they could be the next Bowman or VD once they gain a some experience. The way we cultivate talent and groom players is evident. That's why we can no longer pass guys through waivers and teams constantly go after our PS guys. They see what we've done with guys like Boone, Brock, and Ian Williams. They see how we have essentially a NFL Farm system. Morris could be Brock in two or three years. A undrafted, speedy CB who was raw and had to work himself into a NFL player. Made his mark on STs his first few seasons as he developed, then was given an oopportunity and seized it. Marquadt could be the next Boone. Or maybe Netter? Purcell could be the next Ian Williams.

That's why I'm not with this whole 'window closing' rationale because we continue to mine the ranks and find talent from all over the place. We take UDFAs like Wilhoite and TJE and turn them into quality depth in the blink of a eye. And when they have to fill in for a Willis or a Ray Mac, they step up and the defense doesnt miss a beat. We sign a guy like Skuta to meager deal in free agency and he comes in plays his ass off and is making plays. So when our franchise pass-rusher is gone for 5 weeks, the defense is still performing at an elite level. The FAs we do go after, we usually hit on(Rogers, Whitner, Dorsey, Goodwin). And when we elect to let guys walk who have been productive(Aubrayo Franklin, Baas, Goldson, Sopoaga, Spikes) its because we know we can replenish those areas with either talented youth(RJF, Reid, Ian Williams, Bowman) or under the radar FAs(Goodwin, Dorsey, Grant). So to me, losing guys like Cowboy, Crabtree, and Gore will defintely suck. But Baalke has proven an ability to replenish the cupboard when the time comes, so if Tank, Patton, and Latt are the next in line, Im confortable with that because it must mean they're ready to step up and show out.

Maybe that's just how I look at things but this FO and staff have given me NO reason to think the trend won't continue. I don't think its luck or coincidence...I guess some do however. But to me, this is an exciting time to be a Niner fan because we seem to have found a formula on how to find talent....AND ITS WORKING! It seems like every off-season were acquiring personnel that are showing huge returns when the season rolls around. I'm excited even during the down months to see what moves, both major and minor, will pay HUGE dividends during the season. It'd be different if teams were raiding our personnel staff and FO. That might give me pause for concern. But Baalke, JH, Marthe, and Jed are all still here, running the show. And that gives me a reason to be so optimistic

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-22-2014 at 06:57 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya
People can rag on CK all they want but he is one of the most dynamic players in this league and has just scratched the surface of his potential. If anything, this was the year to catch us slipping because he isn't there yet.

But I pray for the rest of the league 2014 and beyond because he's only going to get better. And the fact that he's mad and highly motivated will only push him that much harder to make the naysayers eat their words.
Agree with the first paragraph but the second paragraph remains to be seen.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Cut Kaep. Sign Tebow. Sign BJ Daniels to be his backup. Trade entire draft for Megatron and Suh and a sixth-round pick. Fire Harbaugh. Hire Norv. Fire Roman. Hire Mike Shanahan. Fire Fangio. Hire Cowher. Simple.
Hey hey hey.....I never said any of the above. I wouldnt release him but would I trade Kaepernick in a year or now if I got the trade package I want this year? Yeah, I would. No improvement whatsoever from last season to this season. With Harbaugh, you would think that he would at the very least, improve in one aspect or another but he hasnt.

Roman and Fangio shouldnt be fired but i wouldnt be upset if they left for Cleveland. The offense is stagnant. With the talent we have, we should be dominating or at the very least, playing good consistently but yet, we dont. The defense is still good but I hate all the off coverage and zone crap. Why we continue to let receivers run free of the LOS is beyond me. At least let them beat whoever is covering them and earn a big play.

As for Norv, he helped Alex Smith and people will say we have Harbaugh but can anyone name one area that Kaepernick actually improved in between last year and this year? Kaepernick is exactly the same. No improvement. Same crap, different year.

The rest, I could care less about even though I would much rather have Daniels than McCoy. But whatever.

In the end, I know Kaepernick will get his money and Crabtree will follow. I'm just hoping that it doesnt screw over the rest of the team down the line.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

With our 2013 season finished, any players you guys think the team will release or are hoping we release this February before the new league year starts in order to free up cap room?

(And dont say Kaepernick as a joke because I wouldnt release him, I would trade him. At least get what im saying right)

Anyway, below is my list (in order of cap room saved for 2014) -

1. RB Frank Gore

I know this has been speculated and his salary is high but he's the 49ers all time rushing leader. He's the 49ers best RB in franchise history and the workhorse. I say keep him for 2014, extend him to lower his cap number or ask him to take a pay cut. Either way, I would keep Gore for 2014 one way or the other. Hunter and James are both good speed/change of pace backs but neither are used the way they should be. Lattimore is supposed to be the future but I wouldnt ask or expect him to carry the full load in 2014. Let him split carries with Gore and then hopefully, take over as the starter in 2015.

$6.45m (2014)

2. CB Carlos Rogers

Rogers has declined the last two years compared to his 2011 season. As im sure everyone here remembers, I didnt want Baalke to re-sign him but he did. I would say that was Baalke's second major miss since the 2011 off-season when he became GM.

$5.1m (2014), $7.6m (2015)

3. NT Glenn Dorsey

Dorsey played great and better than expected when he replaced Ian Williams but he would be 30 before the 2015 season starts and considering how he played, he might want a pay raise or extension. I didnt like the Dorsey signing but it did pay off. With that said, I would most likely let him play out his contract and walk as a 2015 UFA.

$2.65m (2014)

4. LB Dan Skuta

Quite honestly, I want to keep Skuta but he has one year on his contract and we have Wilhoite who's an ERFA and Moody who just finished his rookie season.

$1.5m (2014)

5. SS Craig Dahl

Its not that I really want to release him but he can be replaced via the draft. He's an expensive special teamer.

$1.4m (2014), $1.7m (2015)

6. WR Jonathan Baldwin

Disappointing to say the least. Was inactive for the majority of the season. Baldwin/Jenkins, either way, what a waste of a first round draft pick.

$1.40m (2014)

7. OG Adam Snyder

Solid veteran backup but going into his final year of the two year contract he signed after returning from a one year stint in Arizona.

$1.05m (2014)

8. SS Raymond Ventrone

Ventrone played great on special teams but again, is another player who can be replaced with a cheaper and younger player via the draft.

$855,000k (2014)

9. TE Garrett Celek

Going into the final season of a three year contract. We signed TE Derek Carrier to a three year contract earlier this season at a cheaper rate. While I know Celek was a good blocker, McDonald proved he can do the same and he obviously isnt going anywhere.

$570,000k (2014)

10. LB Darius Fleming

Fleming tore the exact same ACL the last two off-seasons. With Lemonier, Wilhoite, Moody and plenty of draft picks, Fleming isnt needed whatsoever.

$528,000k (2014)
$660,000k (2015)

Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rogers and Baldwin are the guys i would release instantly. For the rest maybe Gore but i wouldn't till Lattimore showed he is ready.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former runningback Brandon Jacobs talking smack about Harbaugh on the radio. You should listen to the entire interview. He goes hard on the 49ers. Not necessarily the players, but the organization.

Quote:
"I have one regret in my career, and that's going to the 49ers when I could have stayed in New York," Jacobs said. "I just wanted to see what stuff was like with another team and it didn't work out."

Jacobs said he "wasn't liked" and it felt as if he was being "held hostage" in San Francisco.

"It is what it is," he said. "I've got two rings. Harbaugh, though, he's a *****. So it doesn't matter."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...gh-hes-a-*****

He also called out Jim Harbaugh a second time reiterating that he's a ***** and that is why he hasn't won anything. That part isn't in the video link though.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I can definitely see Harbaugh rubbing some people the wrong way but its Brandon Jacobs so who cares.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could actually seeing Baldwin having a role next season. But he could likely get cut.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I could actually seeing Baldwin having a role next season. But he could likely get cut.
I'm already expecting Baldwin to leave. I mean, I think we can do better.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's 0 chance Baldwin is around next year

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Two receivers I think the 49ers would be in great position to acquire in the draft are Mike Evans and/or Allen Robinson. I wouldn't mind either. Robinson looks like the more polished guy in the YAC category. Mike Evans looks like a Vincent Jackson clone. If Kap is going to utilize those jump balls, then either of these two would be a fantastic fit.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What i would do this offseason; re-sign Boldin, Dawson, and Osgood. Sign Blake Costanzo in FA (our ST's would be AWESOME).

Draft and FA, focus on a WR (speed WR this year), C, OG, CB, S, Delanie-like TE, and a competent backup QB. Use our extra picks to either trade up for good players, or trade them for future picks so we can keep having a surplus. It would be great to get a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not sure who the good players are as i haven't focused on that stuff so far, but i think those are the positions to target. Possibly an ILB too if Bowman's rehab takes a while, although i have faith in Michael Wilhoite manning the fort for a few games, like he just did this year when Willis was out.

Extension wise, re-sign Harbaugh. Keep an eye out for re-signing Kaep, Aldon, Crabs, and Iupati, in that order. Although i think i'd let Iupati and possibly Crabtree walk, seeing what we do in the draft at WR/OG.

My offseason plan in a nutshell. Thoughts?

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-24-2014 at 01:49 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
What i would do this offseason; re-sign Boldin, Dawson, and Osgood. Sign Blake Costanzo in FA (our ST's would be AWESOME).
Definitely want to re-sign Boldin but I personally wouldnt offer him more than a one year guaranteed contract worth $5m. Anything more, I would let him leave which to be honest, I think that he'll be gone anyway. I can definitely see some other team like the Panthers signing him away to help out their own young franchise QB.

Re-signing Dawson would be great, but like Boldin, all depends on the price tag. I know Harbaugh likes veterans but I wouldnt pay Dawson what he was making in 2013 when I can get a rookie for four years which would most likely total Dawson's one year contract.

As much as I think that it would great to keep Boldin and Dawson, it all comes down to money and if they want too much, I go draft for their replacements. After all, whats the point in acquiring all these draft picks if we arent going to use them on players that we want to keep? To me, makes no sense. I still believe that we somehow should have kept Cooper and Daniels to be honest with you. Two young guys. Seriously, I thought that Asomugha would bounce back but I was way off and simply, he should have been cut instead of Cooper and I probably would have cut McCoy instead of Daniels. McCoy isnt anything special whatsoever and since Daniels skill set is pretty much the same as Kaepernick, I think that he would have been the better option.

Would only re-sign Osgood for the veteran minimum. Bringing back Costanzo would be good but with Skuta, Moody and Wilhoite on the roster, I dont see it happening unless its for cheap and we let Skuta go.

Quote:
Draft and FA, focus on a WR (speed WR this year), C, OG, CB, S, Delanie-like TE, and a competent backup QB. Use our extra picks to either trade up for good players, or trade them for future picks so we can keep having a surplus. It would be great to get a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not sure who the good players are as i haven't focused on that stuff so far, but i think those are the positions to target. Possibly an ILB too if Bowman's rehab takes a while, although i have faith in Michael Wilhoite manning the fort for a few games, like he just did this year when Willis was out.
Agree for the most part in regards to positions for the draft. With the first five draft picks that we have, im hoping for a starting LCB, starting SS, starting C, a backup LG who can also be ready in case we dont keep Iupati and another CB for depth. The other eight draft picks would be two wide receivers, an OT, a backup safety, an OLB/ILB for depth, two DL and a developmental QB. Agree in regards to trading picks like we did to get Reid or like we did with the Titans to acquire their third rounder this year. I would be surprised if we end up drafting more than 8 players because the late rounders most likely wont even make the team and to me, drafting a guy like Cooper and Daniels only to lose them is a waste of a draft pick. For ILB, we have Wilhoite, Skuta if necessary and second year player Moody who I wouldnt mind see get playing time on defense.

Quote:
Extension wise, re-sign Harbaugh. Keep an eye out for re-signing Kaep, Aldon, Crabs, and Iupati, in that order. Although i think i'd let Iupati and possibly Crabtree walk, seeing what we do in the draft at WR/OG.

My offseason plan in a nutshell. Thoughts?
Extension wise, if the team extends Kaepernick, they have to keep Crabtree. Would be stupid to extend him but let his favorite target go. Imagine no Crabtree? No Crabtree, whats the point in paying Kaepernick if he has no targets to pass to? And I sure as hell wouldnt depend on rookies unless its a Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green type and we both know thats not going to happen.

My order would be Kaepernick, Crabtree, Iupati and then Aldon. Reason Aldon is last is because the team can add a fifth year option by May 27th or something like that which is exactly what I would do. I would want to make sure that he can make it through an entire off-season and season without any problems before paying him.

Would definitely try to extend Iupati but if the team cant, quite honestly, they should trade him this off-season for the highest draft pick they can get because at best, they would only get a third round compensation draft pick for him in 2016. I think that even a high third rounder this year would be the better move because we can then make a few moves within the first three rounds to draft his replacement (would love Yankey but dont see it happening especially since Harbaugh doesnt draft Stanford guys) and still at the very least come away with starters at other positions.

If we can come away with a starting LCB, starting SS, starting C and starting LG (if we trade Iupati) in the first three rounds, I would be a happy 49ers fan and the rest of the draft would just be a bonus.

As for Harbaugh himself, that depends on how much more money he wants and if he wants more power and control. I would really love to know who's call it was on the entire 2012 draft class and our entire three drafts in general as well as when we re-signed Rogers.

Quite honestly, if the moves that havent worked out are because Harbaugh pushed for them, I would wait until after 2014 to extend him even if that means paying him more than now. Also, dont like that he used Texas as leverage in order to get more money. Reports from Maiicco (sp?) on PFT a few weeks back said that York would have let Harbaugh leave no questions asked if he wanted to leave for Texas.

As much as I like Harbaugh, Kaepernick and Crabtree, if I was Jed York/Baalke, I wouldnt let them hold me hostage either.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

2. CB Carlos Rogers

Rogers has declined the last two years compared to his 2011 season. As im sure everyone here remembers, I didnt want Baalke to re-sign him but he did. I would say that was Baalke's second major miss since the 2011 off-season when he became GM.
Second major miss? Would the first miss comprise of the entire 2012 Draft? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only sucker falling in love with Kelvin Benjamin? Baby Megatron? Yes please!! I know he's had some bad drops and has given up on some plays but I think I would still prefer him to Mike Evans, I'm just tired of slow receivers....

Quote:
Old 01-25-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Second major miss? Would the first miss comprise of the entire 2012 Draft? LOL
A.J. Jenkins was the first. And there's rumors that James may be traded this off-season. If that happens, I would say that the 2012 NFL Draft would be worse than our 2008 NFL Draft.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yes...hope this is true...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4198/eric-wright

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4317/tarell-brown

Bye bye.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
A.J. Jenkins was the first. And there's rumors that James may be traded this off-season. If that happens, I would say that the 2012 NFL Draft would be worse than our 2008 NFL Draft.
Many games this season saw absolutely zero players from the 2012 draft active so I think it's looking more and more like the 2012 Draft was an absolute whiff and even worse than 2008.

Quote: