Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-21-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know. I agree. Part of me wants to address OL as much as possible in FA so we can go into the draft with a BPA mindset. That way we don't pass up on a great talent just bc we have to take an OLmen at 12. I feel like that's handcuffing us right now.

If I was a patient man (I'm not, I'm the furthest thing from patient you ever seen) I'd say forget FA altogether and just build through the draft with a strict BPA philosophy and hope that 2 good drafts rebuilds this team, but I don't want to waste anymore years of Eli.

Let's see what happens to the 11 picks before us. I think we can get someone really good. If it's OL, then great. I think at some point you do go balls out and address the position. Build from within with the OL. Let's not go with older guys who were hurt. I don't want guys like Locklear or Andrews or whoever else. Get me young guys who can come on the line and grow together.

If OL isn't worth it in terms of value at 12, then we can go WR, CB, TE, or LB. If we go DE or DT, I am going to BBD's house and drinking all his beers in anger and protest!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Clowney runs a 5.3 40 so we can draft him at 12.

But yeah, it doesn't seem like there are any DEs worth taking at that position anyway.

I think if OL doesn't make sense at 12, I think there are great CB talent that will be there that could make sense.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But yeah, it doesn't seem like there are any DEs worth taking at that position anyway.

I think if OL doesn't make sense at 12, I think there are great CB talent that will be there that could make sense.
WR, CB, or TE. I want a play maker on offense. We have 1 right now in Cruz. That's it. That's pretty good awful. We have zero speed on offense too. I do like Dennard though. I would be happy with that pick which for me is hard to say.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only WR worth considering at that point is Sammy Watkins and he'll be long gone. I can't think of any TE worth taking that high. Dennard though would be an excellent pick from my early evaluation of him.

Really, unless it's an OT, I think CB is probably ideal at 12. Or move back. Our needs and the talent in those needs don't line up with the value of the 12th pick.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I agree with that. It's Watkins or nothing in terms of WR. Eric Ebron would be a great pick if he suits McAddo's system. For once we can have a pass threat who is dynamic. We haven't seen that mismatch since the Shockey days.

No move back. We finally earned a good spot. Someone will be there who is a blue chip guy. Sit there and draft someone who falls.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If we get an extra 2nd for moving back then I'm absolutely down with that. Even if it's just a 3rd, I'd be ok with it. We need to compile picks.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If I trust Ross then yeah sure. But even when we had more picks we religiously screwed drafting those picks. We screwed up 2 3rd rounders in Beckum and Barden. I would snap if we draft pick and screwed up our pick.

I have zero trust in Ross and drafting after the first round. Mainly 3rd and higher. But like I said stay pat, and see who falls in our lap at 12.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just a reminder.....

Quote:
I think the only WR worth considering at that point is Sammy Watkins and he'll be long gone. I can't think of any TE worth taking that high.
Mike Evans?

Eric Ebron?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NO MIKE EVANS! God no!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Just a reminder.....

Mike Evans?

Eric Ebron?
I honestly didn't like Bowers. After his medical came out I took him off my personal board.

Evans is basically a slower Rueben Randle so we don't need that. I haven't looked at Ebron yet. But I think I rather reach for an OT at 12 then take a TE honestly.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I was looking at Ebron and Amaro now. I think Ebron would be great as a pass catching TE. I would rather add a weapon then reach. Or like I said draft Dennard over all. But.. if he is gone too then Ebron train I will be on.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Reaching for an OLmen isn't a terrible idea. I don't prefer it, but hey, it worked out with Pugh didn't it?

I rather reach for an OLmen then take a TE.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Reaching for an OLmen isn't a terrible idea. I don't prefer it, but hey, it worked out with Pugh didn't it?

I rather reach for an OLmen then take a TE.
I don't know if we reached. Who says? The fans? He was the best player on our board. Some said he was a first rounder. He wasn't the popular guy like Chance W. or Fluker which were touted and hyped up as potential picks by our beat writers. So the exposure to our fan base wasn't there.

I am not sure it was a reach considering according to some sites he graded out as one of the best OL players this year.

I'd rather take the TE and add a weapon with speed to the offense. That's one sure weapon for Eli.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pope went to the Cowboys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Pope to a division rival. That's a kick to the balls. He knows we are rivals and division foes and signs with them. I guess he was annoyed by the firing. lol.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course he did. =/
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Let's see how he develops Escobar.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Eh. What's he gonna do really? Make Witten any better? Doesn't really matter. It sucks but it doesn't matter.

And I'm sure he's close to Garrett so it was a natural fit.

He'll always be a Giant. And when Garret is inevitably fired next year Pope can retire and call it a nice career.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

No, not Witten, but the other young TE.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it really won't hurt us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Likely not, but you still don't want to see it. Like KP or Steve Smith to the Eagles.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, if we take a TE at 12 I would murder someone. Probably NYG.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Btw, if we take a TE at 12 I would murder someone. Probably NYG.
Bring it Youngon! : P
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants have hired former Vikings QB Coach Craig Johnson as their RB coach
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Wouldn't he be an effective QB coach since he has been doing it longer?

Remind me how we made Gilbride with a **** load of OC experience, A QB coach, and then we hired someone with ZERO OC experience, with recent QB coach experience, and made Hufangel an OC.