Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I played with my cousin's Nexus 7 this weekend. Meh. Honestly the iPad is better.

Is the iPad worth the extra 200 bucks? Nope. But it's better. But the take home message I got from playing with the Nexus 7 is that I still can't find a reason to buy a tablet. It's just a toy, there's not much function to it that I could use for my own personal benefit.

I know that's not the case for everyone, but I just need tablets to distinguish themselves from phones more for me to actually go out and buy one.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iPad or iPad Mini, 'cause I'd argue it's better than the Mini.
I won't argue against the iPad though, it's a beast of a machine

Tablets aren't for everyone. If you don't see a need for it... quit looking for one ;)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, I just want a new toy so bad haha.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I root my Note 3 and install a custom ROM and trip knox, I void my warranty, but can I still have it repaired or replaced by T-Mobile if I break it?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i got no clue, AT&T has a **** warranty and they always seem to find a way out of it so I just went ahead with it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anything imma run it over with my car

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i jump into pools drunk

also your car works now?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
If I root my Note 3 and install a custom ROM and trip knox, I void my warranty, but can I still have it repaired or replaced by T-Mobile if I break it?
I rooted my wife's phone and installed a custom rom.
The radio on it went to **** so I got no signal for calls or data for internet.
It was completely worthless.

I walked into sprint with it, they couldn't replace the radio so they went and ahead and just replaced it with a new phone.

Oh, and I bought the phone used on eBay like two months earlier.

I have Sprint but I'm assuming others do something similar.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i jump into pools drunk

also your car works now?
It works well enough. Even if I have to pop it into neutral and roll it over the phone.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't need to root my phone. It's already good.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really contemplating rooting and going with a CM11 Nightly but I really would prefer a more stable version.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm running a CM 11 nightly on my LGOG and it's stable.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm running a CM 11 nightly on my LGOG and it's stable.
I haven't dealt with a nightly previously. How often do you have to update? Are the updates similar to an android update or do you find you have to reinstall everything every update? What issues have you had if any? Anything I should know before going this route?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Seems like they're coming out daily but I've update only twice in the last month. It's not like an Android update... it's like installing a whole new ROM.
Though, I'll admit there's an option to look for CM updates in settings. I just go to XDA, download a new update and install it the old fashion way.

When you initially set up your phone, an option for Google to save and restore your profile (or something similar) comes up... click that
Every time you update or do a hard reset, as soon as you log into your Google account... open up Play Store and go to My Apps
(you might not have to but I think it speeds up the process)...
suddenly all the apps that you had on your phone start getting downloaded automatically.

Very convinient.

Only issue I've had is that while using SnapChat, three times in the past month it's crashed the phone. All I had to do was restart my phone and all was good again. Everything else works perfectly though.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Hmmm I might do this tonight then. Honestly I am just ready to do away with Touchwiz and the bloatware on the phone. With any luck going to CM11 will make this already fast phone fly.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yeah, I held off doing it for a while as well. Was worried I might **** something up...
Took literally 5 minutes to root/unlock and install a recovery.
Best decision ever. Now I'm just irked I didn't do it sooner. Love my phone now.
It's a beast.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

What programs did you use to unlock the bootloader and root the phone Nalej?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am really contemplating rooting and going with a CM11 Nightly but I really would prefer a more stable version.
I'm running Gummy right now and it's pretty stable. Only quirk I had to smoothen out was that it wasn't reading my SD card. Flashed the tamasek kernel and problem solved. Tamasek has their own ROM which I saw kinda late, supposed to be pretty stable and pretty good as well.

I rooted it using kingo app and it pretty much does everythibg for you. Just plug in the phone and click root.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 01-24-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Well... doesn't matter. While I am rooted I cannot flash anything due to the locked bootloader... **** me.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
What programs did you use to unlock the bootloader and root the phone Nalej?
I used FreeGee and GooManager for the most part.
Have you visited XDA? I just followed the directions on there and everything went smoothly.
I'm not a tech guy at all... I just follow directions to the tee.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Yeah its just Verizon and AT&T versions of the note 3 have locked bootloaders that prevents you from flashing a rom to it.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

So? My LG came with a locked bootloader. And so did my HTC 3VO that I had before it.
You should still be able to load custom ROMs though since XDA is full of them. People are using them somehow.

After a quick Google Search, I found this... a quick work around of the Bootloader.
Read up and give it a try if you feel comfortable.

XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572978
Safetrap: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't need to root my phone. It's already good.
Except to get basic functions like a file explorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
So? My LG came with a locked bootloader. And so did my HTC 3VO that I had before it.
You should still be able to load custom ROMs though since XDA is full of them. People are using them somehow.

After a quick Google Search, I found this... a quick work around of the Bootloader.
Read up and give it a try if you feel comfortable.

XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572978
Safetrap: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/
Yeah I saw that and downloaded it but it creates a partition and it can't use Cyanogenmod with it.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im dumb i have build mk2 at&t 4.3 da hell do i get to kit kat... **** this