Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Doesn't mean that she is even a top 5 character on the show. In my mind the only reason I care for her in the slightest is because without her the show would essentially cease to exist and we would never have Ron Swason or Andy Dwyer.
I actually think this is a fair argument. I'm not sure shes even a top 5 character for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Disagreeing with it doesn't make it not true. Everything she does is about herself first and others second.
You being wrong makes it not true.

She is a genuinely good person which you're taking to be fake. I just think you're wrong. She's strong willed and stubborn, but she truly cares for that town and her friends.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You being wrong makes it not true.

She is a genuinely good person which you're taking to be fake. I just think you're wrong. She's strong willed and stubborn, but she truly cares for that town and her friends.
She cared so much of their opinions that she ignored them about running for office again. She does for herself and her pride and if it happens to benefit others in the process then good. I have no doubt she used to be a good person but once she ran for office you could see a change. She's the female Walter White.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
She cared so much of their opinions that she ignored them about running for office again. She does for herself and her pride and if it happens to benefit others in the process then good. I have no doubt she used to be a good person but once she ran for office you could see a change. She's the female Walter White.
She's the female Walter White? Really?

Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shes a meth kingpin making the purest meth in Pawnee?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What you didn't see is that after the after-hours Farmers Market, she killed the Chard guy and left his body in the middle of the street. She's in the empire business and no one stands in her way.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

In the season finale, she plans on strapping some old guy in a wheel chair living in the Pawnee retirement home with C4 to kill Jam. Classic Knope

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
In the season finale, she plans on strapping some old guy in a wheel chair living in the Pawnee retirement home with C4 to kill Jam. Classic Knope
I wish I could rep people because this made me laugh pretty hard.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by vidae : 01-24-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: fixing for Brody!
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly either side of this argument is insane... but Bert calling her the female Walter White is sig quote worthy. Someone jump on that quick.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I almost did, but then I'd have a Bert quote in my sig, and I cannot let that happen.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ok let me clarify. She's clearly about to start cooking meth.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

April on Parks and Rec can't look at the camera with out me smiling.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda of agree with Bert. Now, I'm only halfway through season 3 but I can see what he means. When others get recognition she deserves, she's goes crazy. When Ann first started dating Mark, she got really jealous before eventually being accepting. When Ann goes on her first date with Chris, she selfishly tries to poison it despite Ann clearly being into him. Ann is supposed to be her best friend but she is portrayed to use her/treat her poorly on multiple occasions to this point, though most times it appears to be more unknowingly than spiteful.

From my viewing point, she seems to be driven and makes her decisions to further herself, but I don't think she does it to purposely go against/hurt her friends. I also haven't seen her play politics that much so far. For the most part, she's alienated herself from standard political maneuvering through the first 2.5 seasons, maybe that changes later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I kinda of agree with Bert. Now, I'm only halfway through season 3 but I can see what he means. When others get recognition she deserves, she's goes crazy. When Ann first started dating Mark, she got really jealous before eventually being accepting. When Ann goes on her first date with Chris, she selfishly tries to poison it despite Ann clearly being into him. Ann is supposed to be her best friend but she is portrayed to use her/treat her poorly on multiple occasions to this point, though most times it appears to be more unknowingly than spiteful.

From my viewing point, she seems to be driven and makes her decisions to further herself, but I don't think she does it to purposely go against/hurt her friends. I also haven't seen her play politics that much so far. For the most part, she's alienated herself from standard political maneuvering through the first 2.5 seasons, maybe that changes later.
It's not like that. One, she still had feelings for Mark and it was hard for her at first. Two, she didn't trust Chris at the time because of the situation the city was in. Three, you suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally finished Sleepy Hollow and liked it enough to give season 2 a shot.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Sleepy Hollow a lot too, way more than any other supernatural type show out there, nomsayin?

Last edited by vidae : 01-25-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am on season 5 of Dexter and Lumen is the most annoying, wretched abomination of a character ever.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
April on Parks and Rec can't look at the camera with out me smiling.
April is a cutie but looking at the camera should be abolished by now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I like Sleepy Hollow a lot too, way more than any other supernatural type show out there, nomsayin?
Grimm? I agree. Loved that finale of Sleepy Hollow, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I am on season 5 of Dexter and Lumen is the most annoying, wretched abomination of a character ever.
Didn't we tell you to quit? It doesn't get better from here on out, except for one spike in season 7 because of Stevenson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never posted in this thread but I definitely am going to finish the series.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to find a new TV Show to watch. I've watched the Wire and Breaking Bad, am waiting for Mad Men to comeback. I watched the first episodes of Friday Night Lights and Justified. Neither of those first episodes did anything for me. I'm told if I do continue with FNL to just skip season two.

I'm considering starting Twin Peaks. After you watch the Wire and Breaking Bad it's hard to find another show that is as good as those two were.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I'm trying to find a new TV Show to watch. I've watched the Wire and Breaking Bad, am waiting for Mad Men to comeback. I watched the first episodes of Friday Night Lights and Justified. Neither of those first episodes did anything for me. I'm told if I do continue with FNL to just skip season two.

I'm considering starting Twin Peaks. After you watch the Wire and Breaking Bad it's hard to find another show that is as good as those two were.
Probably because you suck. Twin Peaks is great too, though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-26-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post

Stick with FNL and don't skip to season 2....season 2 is by far the worst. I'd also stick with Justified.

Some other options if you want to give up on those 2: Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly (and anything else Whedon basically) and because Brody is going to say it anyway, The Shield.

And those are just dramas, there are a slew of comedies you can also watch. You are not short of options here.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was An Idiot Abroad not immediately canned for racism?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote