Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Stick with FNL and don't skip to season 2....season 2 is by far the worst. I'd also stick with Justified.

Some other options if you want to give up on those 2: Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, West Wing, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly (and anything else Whedon basically) and because Brody is going to say it anyway, The Shield.

And those are just dramas, there are a slew of comedies you can also watch. You are not short of options here.
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't mean skip to season 2, I meant skip season 2 as in not watch it and go straight to season 3. I've seen the Sopranos, I forgot to mention it. But another solid TV show that set the bar really high.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I'm trying to find a new TV Show to watch. I've watched the Wire and Breaking Bad, am waiting for Mad Men to comeback. I watched the first episodes of Friday Night Lights and Justified. Neither of those first episodes did anything for me. I'm told if I do continue with FNL to just skip season two.

I'm considering starting Twin Peaks. After you watch the Wire and Breaking Bad it's hard to find another show that is as good as those two were.
I love The Blacklist. First season and you can probably watch some reruns if you have some sort of on demand. James Spader is great. Of course that's my take so what do i know. The hipsters in here will probably blast it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blacklist is fine. I wouldn't put it at the top of the list by any means, but it's good to watch if you're sitting around and have some time to kill.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blacklist is fine. I wouldn't put it at the top of the list by any means, but it's good to watch if you're sitting around and have some time to kill.
Something about it caught my interest. Might be the FBI agent who sort of reminds me of my daughter.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Something about it caught my interest. Might be the FBI agent who sort of reminds me of my daughter.
It's entertaining and Spader is very good. But, more pressingly, if Parminder Nagra reminds you of your daughter, I think we should set up an introduction.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
It's entertaining and Spader is very good. But, more pressingly, if Parminder Nagra reminds you of your daughter, I think we should set up an introduction.

She's the CIA agent. I was talking Megan Boone who plays agent Keene.

Not sure you want to be set up with my daughter, for a couple of differant reasons.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
She's the CIA agent. I was talking Megan Boone who plays agent Keene.

Not sure you want to be set up with my daughter, for a couple of differant reasons.
Megan Boone looks good on the show. No complaints there.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
How was An Idiot Abroad not immediately canned for racism?
Because the joke is always on Karl.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hannibal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blacklist.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After multiple attempts, I've finally given up on Game of Thrones. I've seen the first 8 episodes, and I still feel like the first 10 mins of the first episode was the most interesting. I have no doubt that its a high quality show, but it doesn't do anything for me. Guess the whole fantasy thing is just not my thing.
*shrug*, back to the drawing board, looking for a show to get hooked on.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
After multiple attempts, I've finally given up on Game of Thrones. I've seen the first 8 episodes, and I still feel like the first 10 mins of the first episode was the most interesting. I have no doubt that its a high quality show, but it doesn't do anything for me. Guess the whole fantasy thing is just not my thing.
*shrug*, back to the drawing board, looking for a show to get hooked on.
I strongly recommend going one more episode. If you want to quit after that, feel free.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allrighty, I'll give it a go then. Still have 10 days of vacation left, so should be able to find an hour to spend on it.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

A good rule for life is to never skip episode 9 of a GOT season.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A good rule for life is to never skip episodes of any GOT season.
Fixed for accuracy.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to wonder how I would get by in life with BB over, and what show would fill that void. Then True detective came into my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I used to wonder how I would get by in life with BB over, and what show would fill that void. Then True detective came into my life.
Eh. I didn't see the episode tonight, but, while good, I haven't been blown away by anything except Alexandra Daddario's boobs. The acting is really good, but because it is a miniseries, I know we aren't getting more than 10 episode, so the characters can only be developed so much.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True Detective is so overwhelmingly intense. I think it's taking years off my life.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
True Detective is so overwhelmingly intense. I think it's taking years off my life.
Is the 3rd episode really excellent or something?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really at all. I just have loved every episode thus far, and find both leads to be superb. Especially Cole, who is an instant favorite character for me ever. And Idk, to me in two episodes these characters were already better developed than on a ton of other shows at that point. And far more interesting. If you didn't love the first two this one isnt going to change that, but for me I am in love with it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True Detective is so, so good.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was legitimately freaked out a bit seeing the end of that episode. Kinda thing makes me glad I don't have a daughter.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Doctor Who fans:

Official outfit for 12.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But bow ties are cool now. :(
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
But bow ties are cool now. :(

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it except for the cardigan under the jacket.
And I would have liked him to rock this look:

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote