Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Had a buddy ship me down some Abrasive Ale and Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. Going to be a good weekend. He also tossed in some Moon Man which I had never heard of but have to say is damn good.
Abrasive is fantastic. I bought two four-packs about two weeks ago and plan enjoying them throughout the course of the next few months. The Bourbon County Stout kicks ass too.

I also went to a bar tonight that had a 3 for 1 happy hour special, so I took full advantage of the ABV in Old Ras.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale so this week I bought some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout and the Kentucky IPA. The Stout is nice. While the ale has more bourbon flavor, the stout is a more woody flavor with hints of coffee. The Kentucky IPA is a pretty standard IPA but there is a distinct flavor of orange peal which adds to the bitterness. Both were good but still not as good as the ale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys like coffee porters?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Love them. Lakefront Brewery has something called Fuel Cafe, which is an Organic Coffee Stout. Very good, unfortunately, I've have six of their beers and the coffee stout is the only one that isn't medicore.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tin Roof's Parade Ground Porter is really good if you can find it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Went to a local brewery tonight called Blue Pants. Had a delicious coffee stout. I also had a bpack IPA. I've never had one of those but I thought it was swell. If you're ever in Bama, I'd definitely suggest getting some blue pants beer.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really been a fan of porters. They just don't do it for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went a little hop heavy on some beers tonight:

Stone IPA
Lazy Magnolia Timber Beast
Hebrew R.I.P.A.
Stone Ruination IPA
Squatters Hop Rising

Other two I bought was Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine and Bayou Teche Loup Garou (Belgian Stout aged in oak whiskey barrels)

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those two Stone's are fantastic, as well as the Squatters. Hebrew blows.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Those two Stone's are fantastic, as well as the Squatters. Hebrew blows.
I highly disagree with that I personally really enjoyed the RIPA

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

hebrew is horrible. i haven't had one i liked.

and rye ipas? *shudder*
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and rye ipas? *shudder*
Seriously.

Ruination IPA is always a great choice.

It dawned on me the other night that, besides Titan IPA, I haven't had a beer from outside the Dallas area since last year. DG, have you been on the up and up with Dallas breweries?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I've liked everything I've had from Hebrew. The Jewbelation Reborn was fantastic.

I drank the Squatters, Stone IPA, Timber Beast, Hewbrew RIPA, and Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale. All were fantastic and I'm not a hophead at all but did enjoy all of them.

The Old Man Winter Ale, Timber Beast, and Hop Rising were my favorites.

Still have the Sierra Nevada barleywine, Ruination IPA, and barrel aged stout to look forward to as well as a free six pack of Shiner Bock a friend of mine gave me.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I drank the Squatters, Stone IPA, Timber Beast, Hewbrew RIPA, and Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale. All were fantastic and I'm not a hophead at all but did enjoy all of them.
none of the hebrews are really hoppy, so it's unsurprising that you liked it. and southern/eastern brewers are never hoppy, so i'm also not surprised you liked the timber beast or southern tier (which isn't really hoppy anyways).

edit: no offense intended, you're a belgian/malt drinker, in this thread, so i'm not judging so much as observing.

Last edited by njx9 : 01-28-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hebrew is friggin awful. All of them are.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been drinking a lot of Summit Saga at the bar at the end of my street. Good, cheap IPA. Tastes a bit like Dugana.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://untappd.com/user/TimothyDriscoll
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I had Namaste last night as well. I had never seen it in a 6 pack before until yesterday. Also had a couple Schlafly Tasmanian IPAs.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-29-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rye brews are delicious. The Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye has become a staple for me recently. It's tasty, and it costs ~ 20% less than everything else.

It's very good and, despite the notation of "fruity" and "citrus", it is tremendously well balanced with no hint of flavored beers (which I hate) when drinking it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rye beers are fine. Suck it, njx.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a Great Lakes Blackout Imp Stout yesterday...was quite tasty.

Also have to throw some love out for the Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Probably has to be one of my favorite beers to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Rye beers are fine. Suck it, njx.
rye is a horrendous flavor for a beer. you're a bad person for liking it.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I like rye beers too...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I like rye beers too...
Just add it to the list of beers that NJX is biased against like East Coast beers Belgian beer and beers with rye.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

that's only three. and they're all mediocre on their best day. so there.

i should take back what i said earlier... rye might be a perfectly acceptable flavor for a beer, but it's terrible with hops. rye ipas shouldn't be a thing. kind of like white ipas, although white ipas might be the worst idea in beer history.

that said, i've been really trying to get into east coast beers, broth. i will never like east coast ipas, but i've been giving the dark beers a go, since it's winter and i get more into stouts/porters when it's cold. i still haven't found an east coaster that's superior to breck's vanilla porter, though.