Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-29-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Founders Reds Rye (Rye IPA) is one of the best beers in the world on tap (all Founders beers seem to suffer in bottle form for some reason).

Boulevard Rye on Rye is also pretty fantastic.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that said, i've been really trying to get into east coast beers, broth. i will never like east coast ipas, but i've been giving the dark beers a go, since it's winter and i get more into stouts/porters when it's cold. i still haven't found an east coaster that's superior to breck's vanilla porter, though.
Brooklyn's Black IPA wasn't bad when I had it on draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Brooklyn's Black IPA wasn't bad when I had it on draft.
My favorite black IPA is either Black Cannon or 21st Amendment Back in Black.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i haven't had brooklyn's black, but their regular was really boring.

weren't you going to hit the black racer, brent? or was that someone else who never reported back?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

weren't you going to hit the black racer, brent? or was that someone else who never reported back?
I had one and I really enjoyed it I personally like the malt profile of Yakima Glory a little better but it is easily in my top 2 BIPAs I found it better than black cannon.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I had one and I really enjoyed it I personally like the malt profile of Yakima Glory a little better but it is easily in my top 2 BIPAs I found it better than black cannon.
hmmm, i don't know yakima glory. another one for the list.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Probably someone else. I have no idea.

I have been trying to drink locally as much as possible lately; too many good local breweries not to. It's cute that Austin is finally getting in the game.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone had the Brooklyn Black Ops? Worth the money?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drank a Stone Ruination IPA and the Mikkeller Double IPA last night. I particularly liked the Stone, wasn't too keen on the Mikkeller. The booze (14%) overpowered the beer, whereas the Stone was balanced as ****.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-02-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mikkeller is ALWAYS disappointing. Always.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Mikkeller is ALWAYS disappointing. Always.
I've heard good things from just a handful of people so when I saw that beer on clearance (marked down to $2.99 from $6.99) I figured "what the hell?". I'd never tried one before.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-02-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

It's not that Mikkeller isn't good, it's that there's always a lot of build up before you drink it and the price and hype would indicate that it'd be amazing. It always falls short of expectations.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Picked up St. Arnold's Bishop's Barrel 6 (Pumpkinator aged in Appleton Rum Barrels) and Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout yesterday

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-22-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i was going through old pictures from when I went to Chicago last year and found one of this IPA from Revolution called Anti-Hero and I remember it being awesome and now I want one but it's like only in Illinois and Ohio :(

the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever go to beergraphs.com? It's actually pretty good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

This started showing up around here. So damn good.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

This started showing up around here. So damn good.
Is that Uinta? Their Wet & Wyld is awesome.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is indeed Unita.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Founders Reds Rye (Rye IPA) is one of the best beers in the world on tap (all Founders beers seem to suffer in bottle form for some reason).

Boulevard Rye on Rye is also pretty fantastic.
Finally got my hands on some Rye on Rye this past weekend. Also stocked up on some other favorites, Jai Alai, Bitter Valentine, Peoples BBL Porter, Schaflay TIPA, Aleworks Coffeehouse, JADE IPA, and a case of Nugget Nectar.

Last edited by DiG : 02-26-2014 at 09:38 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

ska's pinstripe red is fantastic.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize I'm not enough of a beer nerd to post here but I did find a place that sells the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale near me and it has been wonderful. What is weird though is that for a high ABV beer I don't feel it as quickly as I do with pretty much all lesser-alcohol-content beers.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A new member on my go-to list:

Pretty local, out of CT.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But when for me?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when do you drink reds?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
But when for me?
what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Since when do you drink reds?
i've been trying new things from breweries i really like. generally i don't like reds, but i had a hoppy one a few weeks ago and started to like them a bit more.

killian's still tastes like a damp dog smells, though.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote