Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

I had him as a high 3rd round pick before Senior Week. He dominated so thoroughly, I've moved him into late first range. Too much? His stand out week in Mobile reminds me a little of Bobby Wagner's breakout that week. Although, Wagner backed it up with an impressive combine and team workouts. I think Borland will show a good 10split, COD and bench but might be below average everywhere else in Indianapolis. But I can also see him shine in team workouts.

He could play in either scheme but I think he's the 2nd best 34 ILB in this class and, at the very least, doesn't get out of the 2nd round. I can see first round because what he does well is transferable and you can almost bank on it. He's a plug and play starter. I could see Cleveland, Denver in the first, Was in the 2nd or NYG in the 2nd very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 02-04-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris was a beast before this year, but I think the 34 defense allowed him to thrive to that next level. I don't know if I would put him the first round conversation but I think he would be a very nice selection in the 2nd round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know much about Borland, I am not sure if if I even watched Wisconsin play this year. I need to get familiar with him because a lot of people are raving about him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be the best rookie LB this year and would look great in green and gold.
He's instinctive as hell. He's a great inside linebacker.

Forget the measurables.
Watch the film and trust your eyes.

He's worthy of a first round pick for sure.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His play is 1st/early 2nd, but his size will likely limit him to a 2nd rounder
Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me a bit of London Fletcher.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
His play is 1st/early 2nd, but his size will likely limit him to a 2nd rounder
And my guess is his combine numbers will say second round too.

If Seattle trades down from that 1st I'd love to see them grab Borland in the second.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very, very good tape. Instinctive and high motor. Attacks ball carriers very well. Can do everything you'd ask for from an ILB, but projects best in a 3-4 where he can be an attacking guy and not asked as often to cover much taller, faster tight ends.

He actually looks smaller on tape than he measured; must be the short arms. He'll be a guy that needs a good combine to solidify 2nd round status, or he might drop to the mid 3rd.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At best, he is a late second rounder but could easily slide to early round 3. The Combine will be crucial to his ranking and if he has a poor combine, round 4 isn't out of the equation..
Old 02-05-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Very, very good tape. Instinctive and high motor. Attacks ball carriers very well. Can do everything you'd ask for from an ILB, but projects best in a 3-4 where he can be an attacking guy and not asked as often to cover much taller, faster tight ends.

He actually looks smaller on tape than he measured; must be the short arms. He'll be a guy that needs a good combine to solidify 2nd round status, or he might drop to the mid 3rd.
I agree. He is going to have trouble on draft boards when his lack of arm length and hand size comes to light.

On tape, you love him. I really see him similar to Kiko Alonso of last year. Just a guy who flys around and is always making plays. In that respect, I like Borland even more. In fact his ability to navigate the wash at the LOS is very reminiscent of Luke Kuechly. He just has a knack for slithering through the bodies. But that length is going to translate into missed tackles at the next level.

Seattle has the same issues with Malcolm Smith. He's fast and instinctual and is a fantastic linebacker. But he's the least sure tackler on the team and it's due to his lack of ability to wrap up. Wagner and Wright are very long limbed and very sure tacklers.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Reminds me a bit of London Fletcher.
A 22 year old London Fletcher ran a sub 4.4 predraft. That's why #59 played for 16 seasons.

Similar bodytype, not the same kind of athlete.

I hope he's the next Zach Thomas.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
A 22 year old London Fletcher ran a sub 4.4 predraft. That's why #59 played for 16 seasons.

Similar bodytype, not the same kind of athlete.

I hope he's the next Zach Thomas.
Fletcher's forty time really had very little to do with him playing 16 years. Body type, Energy, Reaction time, Team leader and acceleration to the ball carrier are all things I weigh in. Not just forty time.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He's going to be the best rookie LB this year and would look great in green and gold.
He's instinctive as hell. He's a great inside linebacker.

Forget the measurables.
Watch the film and trust your eyes.

He's worthy of a first round pick for sure.
Skov is my call for best rookie LB.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:38 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Fletcher's forty time really had very little to do with him playing 16 years. Body type, Energy, Reaction time, Team leader and acceleration to the ball carrier are all things I weigh in. Not just forty time.

Quoting London's 40 is a reflection of his overall athleticism on the football field.
You can have the best instincts and reaction time in the world, but if you don't have the raw athletic ability to get from point A to point B faster than the man trying to block you, all those intangibles and film study are meaningless.

Even as London 'slowed down' with age, he was still a really good athlete at ILB.

Up until the last couple of seasons, Fletcher could still make a TFL on a sweep, or drop 25 yards down the seam and man up on a TE.

In college, being instinctive and having a great reaction time to the football is enough to be productive in the NCAA, but in the pros you need special tools too.