Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-12-2014, 04:23 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thread.

If he's healthy then Silas Redd, USC - but that's a big if.

Grice another medical red flag (leg injury has dragged on - hopefully he can run at the Combine) - but depends on if you consider him a late rounder - some sites do, others don't. If we are considering him, then no question - really good receiver.

Jerome Smith of Syracuse would be another pick - runs low, tough to bring down - won't run fast but that doesn't matter. ZBS type.

Also Damien Williams - kicked off the Oklahoma team but he's extremely talented.

Let's throw in a Khiry Robinson sleeper - Andrew Pierce of Delaware - although needs to get bigger and improve in pass protection.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to jump on the Gaffney train
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
...Devonta Freeman, FSU & David Fluellen, Toledo.
Two solid candidates. I like Freeman better than a lot of the backs ranked ahead of him.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for Kapri Bibbs? Dude tore it up at CSU and broke a bunch of records. Granted, it was against smaller schools, but he could fall to the 5th round or later because of all of the RB depth.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
No love for Kapri Bibbs? Dude tore it up at CSU and broke a bunch of records. Granted, it was against smaller schools, but he could fall to the 5th round or later because of all of the RB depth.
I don't think Bibbs lasts til the 5th. He's the real deal. Great vision, and I think he could be one of the fastest backs at the combine. Has some Gio Bernard to his game. If he's there in the 5th, he's instantly the biggest steal in the draft.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I don't think Bibbs lasts til the 5th. He's the real deal. Great vision, and I think he could be one of the fastest backs at the combine. Has some Gio Bernard to his game. If he's there in the 5th, he's instantly the biggest steal in the draft.
I don't see him mentioned a lot in the 3 or 4 round mocks. Where are you projecting him, late 3rd/early 4th?

I live in Colorado so I've been hearing about this guy for quite a while, but I'm not sure where he goes.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Has to be James White...gets it done and is versatile.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
I don't see him mentioned a lot in the 3 or 4 round mocks. Where are you projecting him, late 3rd/early 4th?

I live in Colorado so I've been hearing about this guy for quite a while, but I'm not sure where he goes.
Yeah, I'd say that's about right for his range. I think frankly a lot of people just don't really know about him or haven't done their research yet, because he was probably one of the biggest surprise early entrants. But I think he'll run a sub 4.45 with good size and show shiftiness in drills and people will go back and watch him play and be impressed with what they see.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DrunkenMonkey13
Rookie

DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Kapri Bibbs was mentioned, I came to this thread to get the general feel for Bibbs. I'm a CSU grad, and watched nearly every carry of his, but I try to take an outsider's prospective on him.

On the one hand, it was surprising he declared early, considering he didn't even start til mid-season. (which makes his numbers all the more insane). Keeping his grades up may have been a concern, (as they were before the season, which is how he wound up at a Junior College down the road from CSU which doesn't have a football team) as is the fact that 4/5 of his OL will be gone.

There are some knocks on him including the grades thing, he hasn't shown the ability to (wasn't asked to?) pass block, the MW competition wasn't great (which I think is overblown every year, but whatever) and he hasn't shown it over a long haul, and may have durability concerns.

I think his speed, strength, power, balance, vision combo makes up for his other shortcomings enough to be drafted in the mid rounds. I had him pegged as a 4th/5th rounder when I heard he was declaring. With specialized backs becoming more and more prominent, I think I would definitely take the chance on Bibbs in that range to be my #2/change of pace guy.

His youtube videos are few and far between, and the ones on there are from crummy camera angles. Hopefully as more people do research we'll get a better feel for him. I really like him though.
DrunkenMonkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These names have been mentioned a lot already, but I am going with Andre Williams and James White.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote