Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Combine Snubs

With the combine list set I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone feels any players got snubbed. Here's the list. Below are the players who attended FBS schools, declared early, but were not selected for the combine, so their careers are already getting off to rough starts. I'm kind of surprised that Brett Smith of Wyoming was not selected.

Brendan Bigelow, Cal, RB, Jr.
Carlos Gray, NC State, DT, JR
Kameron Jackson, Cal, CB, JR
Albert Louis-Jean, BC, CB, JR
Chris McCain, Cal, DE, JR
Vilami Moala, Cal, DE, JR
Darin Reaves, UAB, RB, JR
Brett Smith, Wyoming, QB, JR

Do you feel any players were snubbed?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really surprised Brett Smith didn't get an invite. I thought Chaz Sutton would get an invite, but admittedly he's a borderline Combine prospect.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is probably the biggest snub. Seems like a guy that teams would want to see throw in that type of environment. Wonder if he's even draftable at this point.

Others:

FB Jay Prosch- maybe the top FB in the class, played in National championship and Senior bowl
LB Denicos Allen- undersized, but a starter on perhaps the nation's best D
CB Walt Aikens- played well in the Senior Bowl after being a late (I believe) addition to the game.

Calvin Barnett, Hakeem Smith, Morgan Breslin and DeDe Lattimore are others I thought would be there for sure
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breslin and Denicos Allen I didn't realize weren't there. Allen should be there for sure. Breslin's stock has free fallen since the end of last season.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to see Roosevelt Nix, but I'm not sure he qualifies as a "snub."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Bearfan21
Rookie

Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearfan21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am somewhat surprised Chandler Jones from San Jose State was left off the list. This is a guy who had a big Sr season with Fales throwing him the ball. He is undersized but I love his quickness and could see him as a weapon in the slot.
Bearfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 reasons why some prospects are snubbed. I believe to get an invite 3 teams have to request your attendance, so anyone not invited just didn't get 3 NFL teams to request their attendance.

However, you have to keep in mind that even if 3 teams like a prospect, if they think he is a hidden jem, they may not want to expose his talent to the other 29 teams, so they don't offer an inviter hoping he will fall to them on draft day.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan21 View Post
I am somewhat surprised Chandler Jones from San Jose State was left off the list. This is a guy who had a big Sr season with Fales throwing him the ball. He is undersized but I love his quickness and could see him as a weapon in the slot.
I was surprised as well. After a strong Shrine Bowl, I thought teams would want to get a better gauge of the measurables and how he stacks up to other late round receivers.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a list of snubs, based on what I have.

Pos First Last School
WO Tony Washington II Appalachian State
DT Jamie Meder Ashland
FB Jay Prosch Auburn
OG Jordan McCray Central Florida
QB Brendon Kay Cincinnati
OH Roderick McDowell Clemson
DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe Colorado
OB Derrell Johnson East Carolina
OG Will Simmons East Carolina
WO Erik Lora Eastern Illinois
OT Kenarious Gates Georgia
PT Kirby Van Der Kamp Iowa State
FS Walt Aikens Liberty
OB Brad Daly Montana State
OC Karim Barton Morgan State
OG D.J. Morrell Old Dominion
IB Glenn Carson Penn State
DC Ricardo Allen Purdue
DE Chaz Sutton South Carolina
OB Morgan Breslin Southern California
OB Marquis Spruill Syracuse
OH Ray Neal Tennessee
OC Zac Kerin Toledo
OH Trey Watts Tulsa
DE Rakim Cox Villanova
FB Nikita Whitlock Wake Forest
QB Brett Smith Wyoming
Old 02-12-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I was surprised as well. After a strong Shrine Bowl, I thought teams would want to get a better gauge of the measurables and how he stacks up to other late round receivers.
All-star games have no bearing on the combine. Players are voted on in late November or the first week of December. That's why there are usually 30 plus drafted who don't get invited. If they voted the second week of January and moved the combine back 3 weeks like I would do with the new schedule I think they would only miss 10-15.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping that Albert Louis-Jean would get an invite.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I was really hoping that Albert Louis-Jean would get an invite.
Should have stayed in school another year.

I am shocked Nikita Whitlock didn't get an invite. His size screams absolutely not, but I think he could be a situational player in the NFL.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Beau Allen NT Wisconsin
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
Beau Allen NT Wisconsin
I was thinking about him after the East West game. He'll probably make New England's d-line rotation.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State LBs Glenn Carson and Stephen Obeng-Agyapong were both in the Shrine game and didn't get invites :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Barnett out of OSU didn't get invited. He's a late round guy that I'm surprised didn't get an invite.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I wanted to see Roosevelt Nix, but I'm not sure he qualifies as a "snub."
Looks like you can count the invited MAC players on your fingers. I was hoping Alex Neutz might find his way in but that's another fringe guy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Here is what my list would look like. There are some good names on here. I imagine at least 20 of the guys listed below will get drafted.

2014 ALL-COMBINE SNUB TEAM (53 MAN ROSTER)
QB Brett Smith, Wyoming, 6’2, 206
QB Brendon Kay, Cincinnati, 6’3, 228
QB Garrett Gilbert, SMU, 6’3, 220
RB Ray Neal, Tennessee, 5’11, 211
RB Roderick McDowell, Clemson, 5’9, 195
RB Trey Watts, Tulsa, 5’9, 208
FB Jay Prosch, Auburn, 6’1, 256
FB Chad Abram, Florida State, 5’11, 240
WR Erik Lora, Eastern Illinois, 5’11, 200
WR Tony Washington, Appalachian State, 5’10, 200
WR Corey Washington, Newberry, 6’4, 207
WR Solomon Patton, Florida, 5’9, 179
WR Kadron Boone, LSU, 6’0, 204
WR Alex Neutz, Buffalo, 6’2, 210
TE Ted Bolser, Indiana, 6’6, 257
TE Asante-Jabari Cleveland, Miami, 6’4, 262
OT Kenarious Gates, Georgia, 6’4, 327
OT Josh Wells, James Madison, 6’5, 314
OT Curt Feigt, West Virginia, 6’6, 315
OT Matt Hall, Belhaven (MS), 6’9, 323
OG Will Simmons, East Carolina, 6’4, 329
OG D.J. Morrell, Old Dominion, 6’5, 327
OG Jordan McCray, Central Florida, 6’3, 329
OG Justin McCray, Central Florida, 6’3, 330
C Karim Barton, Morgan State, 6’2, 310
C Zac Kerin, Toledo, 6’5, 308

DE Chider Uzo-Diribe, Colorado, 6’2, 252
DE Chaz Sutton, South Carolina, 6’3, 259
DE Rakim Cox, Villanova, 6’3, 265
DE Denico Autry, Mississippi State, 6’4, 266
DE Jake Metz, Shippensburg, 6’5, 247
DT Jamie Meder, Ashland, 6’2, 306
DT Derrick Hopkins, Virginia Tech, 6’0, 321
DT Beau Allen, Wisconsin, 6’3, 333
DT Calvin Barnett, Oklahoma State, 6’2, 300
OLB Derrell Johnson, East Carolina, 6’1, 248
OLB Morgan Breslin, USC, 6’1, 246
OLB Marquis Spruill, Syracuse, 6’1, 229
OLB Brad Daly, Montana State, 6’0, 239
ILB Glenn Carson, Penn State, 6’3, 244
ILB Nikita Whitlock, Wake forest, 5’10, 253
ILB DeDe Lattimore, South Florida, 6’0, 237
CB Carrington Byndom, Texas, 5’11, 180
CB Walt Aikens, Liberty, 6’1, 205
CB Nick Addison, Bethune-Cookman, 6’1, 180
CB Marcus Williams, North Dakota State, 5’11, 195
FS Ty Zimmerman, Kansas State, 6’1, 199
SS Hakeem Smith, Louisville, 6’0, 186
FS/SS Alden Darby, Arizona State, 5’10, 192

K Nate Freese, Boston College, 5’11, 192
P Kirby Van Der Kamp, Iowa State, 6’4, 202
LS Tyler Ott, Harvard, 6’3, 252
RS Greg Hardin, North Dakota, 5’10, 173

Last edited by JBScouting : 02-13-2014 at 12:23 PM.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post
All-star games have no bearing on the combine. Players are voted on in late November or the first week of December. That's why there are usually 30 plus drafted who don't get invited. If they voted the second week of January and moved the combine back 3 weeks like I would do with the new schedule I think they would only miss 10-15.
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that if you show well at the All Star games, teams can still request that you be included in the Combine and as long as 3 teams make the request, you will get added to the Combine roster, but you may know more than I do.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that if you show well at the All Star games, teams can still request that you be included in the Combine and as long as 3 teams make the request, you will get added to the Combine roster, but you may know more than I do.
That's not how it works. They vote late in the fall on the combine.

Players get in based on the voting totals per position. They invite about 250 players in the first wave and then in the second wave they put in the underclassmen based on voting. Any spots left over they add in seniors to fill in up to 330-335. If all-star games got you added to the combine then there is no question that Solomon Patton, Karim Barton, and a couple others would have been added to the list.

I will never forget back when Jason Williams (WIU LB) was considered a snub before all-star games, lit up the East-West Shrine (he was actually on the waiting list) and still did not get an invite. That and some other cases proved to me that you don't get added from all-star games, along with insiders at the combine telling me that.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to see Trey Watts, too.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote