Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chris Smith, DE/OLB, Arkansas

I just saw a pic of this guy from his weigh-in at the Senior Bowl. He's just under 6'2 and weighed in at......266#!

I've literally never seen a guy carry that much muscle at Smith's height as well as he does.

Physically he's similar to the Chiefs Justin Houston, except Houston is 2 inches taller.

I don't know jack about Chris Smith, but I am looking out for 34 OLB conversion prospects under the radar.

I know he had 8.5 sacks last year, but other than his measurables and est. 40 time, @4.7, I don't anything about him really as a football player.

Does he have the movement skills or pass rush ability to play OLB in the pros??

What kind of athlete is he, or is his bod more aesthetic than functional??
Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's just under 6'2? The dude is barely 6'1 lol. From what I've seen, he has an incredible first step but doesn't have any moves to go with it at this time. I think OLB in a 34 is his best position. If you're looking for a pass rusher, I'd rather take Michael Sam. Both are projected to go off the board around the same time.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how under the radar he is. I've got him as a 2nd/3rd rounder. He's got some Cam Wake to him. I think he'd be better suited in a 43 but not a complete liability as an OLB. He uses his hands and long arms well but is also quick and athletic in short spaces with a good motor. I'm curious to see how fluid he looks in space compared to the other conversion types.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've beeen somewhat intruged by this guy. He has long arms and big hands from what I remember as well. However, he does not explode out of his stance and he has not clue what to do with those long arms and big hands on his rush. He may not have a true position in the NFL.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Last edited by Black Bolt : 02-18-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I've beeen somewhat intruged by this guy. He has long arms and big hands from what I remember as well. However, he does not explode out of his stance and he has not clue what to do with those long arms and big hands on his rush. He may not have a true position in the NFL.
He does have long arms and a big wingspan but his hands are only average for a D-lineman. When I watched him a couple months ago I came away pretty unimpressed. I saw him as little more than a raw pass-rushing project. If he shows great athleticism at the combine then I could see him being worth taking in the 3rd round, otherwise I saw him as a later round pick. Despite being relatively heavy for someone his height I thought he was awful against the run.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched 5 games - Rutgers, A&M, S Carolina, Auburn and LSU - one play against Auburn (and then the RT not Greg Robinson) he looked explosive off the ball - but otherwise didn't see much. Plays too high - better players just get into him and he has no counter. Looks linear - tight in the hips, can't change directions that well. I have him rated in the 5th round.

Note - 8.5 sacks in 2013 - 3 against Southern Miss, 1 against La-Lafayette and 0.5 against Samford. The one against Rutgers was a naked boot right into him (good discipline) - so that production is a little misleading.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote